Travellerdave

Visiters to hotels. 18 and 19 year olds banned by som hotels

I believe the Malaysia Hotel has a notice to this effect. How many hotels enforce this rule ?

Does the Malaysia hotel even enforce that rule?  

I've never seen nor heard of such a rule in the hotels I've been using, but that list does not include the Malaysia.

If that rule was enforced, the appropriate response would be to change hotels at the earliest opportunity.

Absolutely Not.  Then maybe they move it to 25. You let them get away with it , pretty soon they'll all be trying to charge for visitors.

I always reserve for 2 people and as far as I am concerned , that is the end of it. They can ask your guest to register and prove he is 18 and nothing more.

And by the way not once have I ever had a problem in at least 20 different Hotels I have stayed in.

Depends what you like more, that hotel or your actual 'boy de jour'.

It isn't about the Boy de Jour. There are lots more boys and lots more hotels, though it's slightly unfair on the boys affected. I dislike arbitrary decisions that restrict choice and would show my displeasure by using a different hotel. Not very likely to affect me as I tend to prefer late 20's but if you are going to make rules like this, they should be made known to guests when booking.

Not very likely to affect me as I tend to prefer late 20's but if you are going to make rules like this, they should be made known to guests when booking.

In ideal world you are right  but for business like Pattaya hotel such up front an announcement   would be somewhat suicidal so they prefer to be quiet about it I guess hoping that  both reception and a client will find some solution  like guest's ID wrapped in 100 baht note

I am in Pats soon. Not sure where to stay at the moment, but probably at the Ambiance for the first couple of nights to assess the noise situation. If too bad I will move to the Samsuck Guesthouse. At both places I would look out for such a notice at check in, but if there is one, what shall I do ?. I can hardly say "Whats this about 18 & 19 year olds?" "How much do I tip you to disregard it ?".

If its enforced do I have to check boy's ID's not for underage but for 20+.

I don't want a confrontation on entering with my boyfriend du jour at 1am.

I wonder if this is some sort of scam by Reception staff. Probably not but TIT.

The dragon lady at yensabai condo questioned my

Regular in the office like a DA a few years ago.

He was 34 at the time. He did not want to keep

Leaving his ID at reception each time. So he asked

That they refrain from doing so. This did not sit

Well with her or her son. Pity the poor owners who

Must deal.with these 2 all the time.

This thread started because of a supposed policy (maybe enforced) in one Hotel in BKK.  It has nothing to do with Pattaya and worrying about it is just plain ridiculous!

The OP was inviting examples of enforcement of such a rule, so to post them is fair enough.

So far, we have only Yensabai condos.  

For that and any other examples posted here, people can choose not to stay in those places.   So my suggestion is to carry on posting them.  I suppose it will be a short list.

As for worrying about it?    Well, I'm with you on that.   Not a chance.

The Yensabai Condo news is ancient history. The intimidating dragon lady is there only during the day. The night time staff still enforces the guest policy of leaving Thai Id with security (like the Tarntawan and others). Trust me, there is a well traveled path between Sunee Plaza and the Yensabai.

The Yensabai Condo news is ancient history. The intimidating dragon lady is there only during the day. 

Funny thing, where I live there's famous rude  bus driver and she is well known among commuters as 'white dragon" / she is blonde /, my apologies for steering off topic..

A friend who stays at Malaysia confirms: recently new rule minimum age for visitor 20 years and they enforce it.

BTW most discos and saunas have minimum age 20 years for customers. Don't know if this is by law or arbitrary decision of management.

Absolutely amazing to me that you could spend all that time in Thailand and not know the Law.  You can work in Bars, Disocs etc at 18 but must be 20 to enter as a customer . Been that way for as long as I have been coming to Thailand.

On weekends Silom Soi 4 where Balcony is they used to block entrance to the Soi and check id's.

Absolutely amazing to me that you could spend all that time in Thailand and not know the Law.  You can work in Bars, Disocs etc at 18 but must be 20 to enter as a customer . Been that way for as long as I have been coming to Thailand.

On weekends Silom Soi 4 where Balcony is they used to block entrance to the Soi and check id's.

That's exactly what I said: "BTW most discos and saunas have minimum age 20 years for customers."

I know that from hear-say (I haven't read Thai law in original or English translation), however I don't know the law for hotels.

Asked at Malaysia reception: the rule has been long time, it's only know that they enforce minimum age for visitor 20 years. Before they let 18 and 19 year olds in.

Guest calvinmac23

this might off topic but does anyone here knows if glow trinity in silom allow their guests to bring back boys in the hotel? this is my first time travelling to LOS.