paulsf

Bangkok for Sept.

very interesting piece of reporting. Don't worry about sex part ,it's good to know how things are post bombing with low season.

It was to be expected and it's good that quite a few of us are heading that way to help the boys and gay venues to survive.

Let us know how things are  when you find a time.

Thankfully the rain cleared out by 8:30 or so. I don't mind going out in the rain, but when it rains so hard your umbrella cant handle it, the fun is kind of gone. I headed up to Soi Twilight around 9:30. Got taxi right away and seemed very quiet out. Turned out to be a decent amount of people out and about by the time I got to the Patpong area.

The outdoor bars in Soi Twilight seemed to be quite busy. But again it appeared shows were running less than full. I was trying to find out how Boys Bangkok was doing, but seeing the people leaving after show, imagine it was full.

The far end of the Soi seemed very quiet. There is a new restaurant and bar at the far end,,that was Balls. Now Hot Male Beer Garden. There were a few people in there and is a nice looking place. I'll hit it up in a few days. I wanted to go to Dicks last night.

Same as always. Decent and comfortable. Lots of eye candy at the massage palors. There does seem to be a lot of boys around.

Hot Male had more boys on stage than I have ever seen. New underware. White, grey waist band, and very small and tight fitting.

We were headed back to my place around 1am, when a bunch of my friends friends, caught up to us. They are all Vietnamese.

We wonder what they share with each other about us. I only know a couple of these boys, but they all come up to me like they have known me for years. They seem to know I am a decent tipper, will buy drinks, and I like Vietnamese boys. So word does get around the community. But a fun time was had.

Headed back to Apt. I had figured this would by my first big sexual night. Started off that way, but by the time we finished up in the shower, not much left to do. I do like my big shower.

Off to bed at 3:30. I'm up at 7. He sleeps till noon.

He headed back to his place so I went over to Siam Paragon. Today is the most sun I have seen since being here. Pretty nice day. Quite crowded. Restaurants packed. Security is stepped up a bit.

Metal detectors and lots of visible police walking around. But no big deal though. Did some grocery shopping and will stay in tonight.

Sleep has been messed up. With 12 hour time change, at night it seems like I'm at home where it's daytime, so no nap today, and hopefully can get back on track tonight. No company tonight. Boy is playing soccer tonight and said he would be here around 11pm.

I told him, it's early to bed and will meet up tomorrow,

I'm going to try to make it to Hero tomorrow . My favorite massage boy said he would be there. He has very few limits. He can be very gental and vanilla, or very aggressive and not so vanilla. I just let him know my mood.

I'm pretty tech challenged. I consider dialing the phone a good feat. I use Line a lot and know others do. But my friend set me up with

WeChat, last night. Same principle as texting, but it has a translation button to translate each text. Really fast and really simple.

So much easier than other translation apps I've used before. First time I have ever had long conversations with my friend. He speaks little English. If any of you don't know this ap, it's worth checking out.

Sorry I haven't hit up much of the massages places yet. I don't go everyday, but as I get into the 3rd and 4 week, I start going more often. I like to get my fill when leaving rather than OD the first Week. I still have 2 more trips this year after this, so lots of fun times upcoming.

Arrival at 12:30am.

We arrived at a gate right by immigration. I'd pay extra to get this gate. 2 minutes walk plane to immigration. Couple of different airport procedures since visit a couple months ago. Changes because of the bombing.. People had to write mobile numbers on landing card. Also they ran all luggage thru screening departing the airport. They had machines at the declaration exits. 

My recent arrival experience was much different than above. Had a long walk to Immigration and although not in Biz Class I was second in line and through Immigration in  few minutes. No need to provide mobile number and no one was screened by Customs at exit. My arrival was at 11:00 pm.

That's the way it has always been for me. Not sure when they set up for screening, I'd be curious if someone arriving this weekend could share their experience. Because there were very few people around not an inconvience, but I can see where baggage screening could be.

That's the way it has always been for me. Not sure when they set up for screening, I'd be curious if someone arriving this weekend could share their experience. Because there were very few people around not an inconvience, but I can see where baggage screening could be.

all this screening is probably more for the show than to potentially weed out undesirables.

Glad to hear you have a great time in BKK and patiently waiting for the next installment.

all this screening is probably more for the show than to potentially weed out undesirables.

I should say so.   Having to give them a mobile phone number?   What nonsense.  Anyone up to no good will give them a fake number, or at least one attached to an obsolete SIM. 

I suppose the only thing it might do is to allow them to contact people who accidentally over stayed.

Firecat will be landing today so we will have to see how he gets treated on arrival. Screening for show is exactly the way I looked at it. They were throwing the bags on the belt as fast as they would go thru and yet, barely looking at the computer screen.

As for phone number, woman handed back my landing card, putting an X on the line for visa. I pushed it back saying I don't have or need visa. She snapped back, I want mobile number. At least I'm not the only one that thought of giving wrong number. I have 2 phones, didn't give Thai or American number. But did make it look like American number.

At least I'm not the only one that thought of giving wrong number. I have 2 phones, didn't give Thai or American number. But did make it look like American number.

I was suggesting that merely the people up to no good would give them the wrong number, however perhaps the fine upstanding members of this board do that as well.

I would probably give them my real number, however within 12 hours my home sim would be replaced by a new Thai sim and the home sim would be relegated to a spare phone.   The spare phone is increasingly getting switched off for days at a time.

Rain has been a topic in the forum the last few days. Here in Bangkok there has been a lot but not the flooding variety. I finally got tired of staying indoors and decided to head over to Hero for a massage. I got a taxi right away and considering rain and rush hour, made it in about 20 minutes. Sometimes train is better, but considering rain, I like door to door service.

I was looking a Uber and was going to give it a try, but had problem getting my address in correctly. Was quoted 85 baht, paid taxi 120. Again was going to try Uber leaving, but was quoted 20 minuted wait, traffic at 7:30 was a disaster. Went to Nana and took train.

Hero was amazing as always. I have a boy I usually see. He was with a client and would be about 30 minutes. I decided to wait.

I know what I get with him (basically has no limits) . Mamasan kept apologizing for the wait. I had no problem. There were about 35 boys behind the glass. Several were working the weights. Just doesn't get any better. Only 2 customers came in while I was waiting. Was told it was very quiet and is common when raining. So I got to sit there for 30 minutes and stare, smile, make faces with all these hot guys. They knew I was waiting but they were working me.

My guy showed up and off we went. His massage isn't perfect, but everything else is. Room 700 baht, boy 2000. Supposed to be 1 hour, but we were 1-1/4 hours and he still was in no hurry.

Left Hero and headed over to Soi Twilight. Meeting my boy and needing to eat. Seems the police made a pass thru last night.

All non Thai boys had to be totally clothed. But with rain, it was very quiet anyway. Was told tonight will be back to normal.

You may have heard about the new crackdown on Visa Runs. Seems the word is really being taken seriously by non Thai boys working on Soi Twilight. Many have runs coming up this week and are packing up and figure they won't be allowed back for quite awhile. My boy is Vietnamese. A couple of his friends went back a couple of days ago and couldn't get back. His stamp runs out on Oct 1st and he has planned on moving back in with mom and dad.

He spent the night last night and fell asleep right away. I had already been to Hero so had no problems. He woke up at 5 am and said

He was working for the day with a friend and off he went. Said he would make up falling asleep on me.

It's still mostly cloudy but the sun is showing quite brightly, so I think a good time to head out for breakfast this morning. Sure the rain will be back.

It is amazing to hear that hero has 35 boys available for u to choose, that's a big crew! By the way, I hv not been to hero before though it is pretty famous, it is because from most reviews the comment of hero are the boys are mostly straight so they are good as top, since I look for a massaeur to btm only so I has been hesitate to give it a try.

It is amazing to hear that hero has 35 boys available for u to choose, that's a big crew! By the way, I hv not been to hero before though it is pretty famous, it is because from most reviews the comment of hero are the boys are mostly straight so they are good as top, since I look for a massaeur to btm only so I has been hesitate to give it a try.

This is your homework: go to HERO. Talk to mamasan , he may find you one who will bottom, not unheard of.

Mamasans there are very helpfull , don't be shy telling them what you looking for.

Even if you will not find boy  you looking for , eye candy is a plenty there and at least you can have a dinner / supper in their restaurant with full view of the glass enclosure with boys inside. 

My guy showed up and off we went. His massage isn't perfect, but everything else is. Room 700 baht, boy 2000. Supposed to be 1 hour, but we were 1-1/4 hours and he still was in no hurry.

Just curious, 2000 out of your generosity or this was suggested tip?

I think minimum tip there was 1000. But from what you are telling us 2000 still money well spent I guess.

I know many reviews have said Hero has mostly straight boys , but there are usually a good choice of gay boys. I don't think you will have any problem finding what your looking for, as Vinapu said, talk to Mamasan. I think they are the best of any massage place in Bangkok.

The 2000 is my choice because of how hard this boy works. I tend to tip 1500 if I get what I ask for. With him, I get what I ask for and a bit more. He is the only boy I have given that amount to and I only go there a couple of times a week, so not a bank breaker.

About the new crackdown on visa runs.

Even for frequent visitors to Thailand are affected by the new rule. I need to be very careful how I book my holidays these days. I heard that you will be cautioned at airports' immigration if you have spent 90 days in a year or 6 visits per year in Thailand on 30 days no visa.

But I had no idea the new rule has an impact on bar boys too. Sad to see non-Thai boys go away.

Thai boys will be happy then.Less competition I guess.

Anddy,

I do not live in Thailand and I do not do visa runs I thought I was a normal tourist but unfortunately I will be affected as a normal " real tourist" do not stay over 90 days at least this is what Thai immigration think so.

I know many bloggers getting caught up in this new rule even they do not work in Thailand illegally just because they visit Thailand too frequently to see lover / BF or simply enjoy night life.

Biguyby,

I heard you can only apply tourist visa 4 times.

After that they could be very reluctant to issue 5th tourist visa nowadays. I know this is very strange but I guess they were suspicious of illegal work.

Also there are many foreign pensioners living cheaply in Thailand like Chiangmai without contributing much to Thai economy so they want to get rid of them too.

Also because of the recent Erwan bomb incident,

they are going to thigten immigration.

It's really annoying!