Guest Sam23

First time in thailand

Hello :)

I've ver much enjoyed reading all your posts over the last month or so and it is really helpful to read so much information and stories on this site.

It has made me very excited about coming to Bangkok tomorrow but I also have a few concerns..

I am traveling on my own for 4 days in Bangkok (before meeting friends for 2 weeks in koi samui) and I've only just turned 23 but I look a lot younger. Is it safe for a young looking English guy to walk around alone in pat pong and Soi twlight areas? Do you have any advice on this or anyone got advice on being hassled or thugs to look out for?

Also I'm staying in one of the 5 star hotels in silom on the river and is there any sites to go on to get massage boys to come straight to my hotel?

Furthermore, there is so many posts on here it's hard to decide what to check out in a short space in time so is there any cant miss places or things to do you would recommend for Bangkok and koh samui?

I would very much appreciate any help you can offer and I will be sure to report my activities back to you all on here.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam x

Where do I start?

1. 23 and look younger, yes you will have the time of your life. Overall Thailand is a pretty safe place but of course people will try to get you to spend your money.

2. What types on men do you like, muscular or twinkish. I f you want to experience a massage with sex after then there are members here that will jump in but I would start with Hero. There will be a big selection, you can choose a nice room and don't be bashful about telling manager what you like for Sex.

If you are adventurous you can take Skytrain and then walk or give address to Hotel Concierge and have taxi take you right to the door. Make sure you keep Hotel Cards with you at all times for return.

3. Soi Twilight you will enjoy the outdoor bars where I am sure you will be approached or enter the GoGo Bars in order to see boys in their underwear on stage all the way up to Full Sex Shows on stage.

4. You will want to experience Soi 4 where Bars like Balcony have indoor and outdoor seating with Gay men and at your age money will not be needed to go home with someone. Late night Discos will also be available where at your age money will not be needed in order to leave with a partner for the night.

As you walk on Silom you will pass many boys offering massage and if someone catches your eye , go for it.

I have barely started but I'll let others chime in as well as you being more specific in what you would like to experience.

You will have a great time.

For sure there will be plenty of touts trying to attract your attention as you walk through the area. A simple no thanks and keep walking usually does the trick unless you want to say yes. :-)

If you're staying all the way down by the river that's not really all that close to the gay areas with respect to being walkable. So you'll need to taxi or if you are near enough to BTS you can take the train.

4 days isn't a ton of time to get the lay of the land but you should be able to make a good start. Have fun!

hello,

Welcome to the Land of Smiles (LOS)

I won't comment on Bangkok - as you will get many responses from many others here

however, I will share with you my early 2014 trip report when I stayed in Koh Samui for 6 days.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9423-koh-samui-trip-report-04-jan-09-jan-2014/

Enjoy, I had a great time and make sure that you take some time to do some snorkeling and/or diving - it is very beautiful there....

ok, I look forward to your trip report.

Ciao,

M.

I would not recommend to order massage boy to your hotel from massage place via their website or even by the  phone.

First you will not see whom you will get, second it may turn to be pretty expensive. 

Go to the massage place and either have a massage there  and if you like a boy arrange with him to come to your place off hours or arrange taking off boy you like with mamasan, Be prepared to pay his tip in advance in such  a case.  They are doing it to protect their boys from unscrupulous customers.

Pictures in websites are often very old or poor quality. Tao from BBB Inn and Art from Uniman should shoot those who posted theirs on respective websites.

Often you may get hots for boy from website and he is not working there any more , sometimes for years.

As for safety don't worry about Bangkok, it's very safe place, even well past midnight.

If you staying far from PatPong make sure your hotel will accept guests, 98.9% chances it will,  though. No hotels in Thailand have heating and  they understand visitors need somebody to warm the bed but they may charge for a privilege - it's called joiners fee or in case of Nantra Silom 'additional towel fee".

Don't plan too much and don't try to squeeze to much into your time, just savor the sights, smells and the boys.

Soi Twilight is  a must, no place like that although Boyztown in Pattaya comes close second. make sure you see at least one show. 

Boys in big cock show will circulate among an audience, you can have good feel of what they have for a tip. Don't be shy.

If you like big muscled boys Tawan in soi 6 is an absolute must

For touristy stuff Grand Palace is a must , go there by the boat not taxi, go early to be first when they open at 8.30 to beat  insane  crowds, save your 500 baht ticket as it's valid for other attractions and can be used within 7 days. Wear long trousers to  Grand Palace.

Remember you promised to report your activities here OBN

I am traveling on my own for 4 days in Bangkok (before meeting friends for 2 weeks in koi samui) and I've only just turned 23 but I look a lot younger. Is it safe for a young looking English guy to walk around alone in pat pong and Soi twlight areas? Do you have any advice on this or anyone got advice on being hassled or thugs to look out for?

On second thought there may be dangers for someone young and naive wandering alone the streets of Bangkok.

I can easily see that happening in Pattaya.  I suppose only another young person with experience can answer that question.

Just take same precautions you would in any big city. Don't wear conspicuous jewelry. Don't carry too much cash and split it up in different pockets etc.

Just shake your head no if anyone comes up to you showing photos for lady or boys for SEX. They are just looking to make commission and will take you someplace that will over charge you.

If you are at a nice Hotel utilize the concierge for directions and best way to travel to your destination.

Feel free to ask about any things you definitely want to do or see . Someone here will be able to help!

I would very much appreciate any help you can offer and I will be sure to report my activities back to you all on here.

Several board members live in Bangkok.  There are also several highly experienced board members who will likely be in Thailand for a holiday while you are here.  I'll bet if you post a message asking if someone is willing to guide you around and show you 'the ropes' during your first night on your own, you won't have any problem getting responses from people willing to meet you and help you get a good start.

Guest abang1961

Actually for a 20-something, there is nothing to fear.

Just keep a low profile - unless you have a date and need  wear something proper,t-shirt. bermudas/shorts and running shoes/slippers should be your dress code. 

If you want to ignore the touts, wear a pair of sunglasses and ignore all of them..don't stop...just keep on walking ..

One more thing.. at 23, you should not be paying for sexual service,, the "partners" should flock to you like bees to honey..

I was "offered" THB 1000 when I was 35..so 23, bambino...

Just keep a low profile - unless you have a date and need  wear something proper,t-shirt. bermudas/shorts and running shoes/slippers should be your dress code. 

Something proper; T shirt and shorts and slippers?  What about pajamas and flip-flops as I have also seen worn?

As for not paying for sexual services don't count on that at go-go bars and massages houses or any commercial venue where money counts.