Guest whall

Thailand Next Week

I'm going to Thailand next week from US! GULP! Any last minute advice or what I should bring? I can't believe this is finally happen. About half the time in BKK and the other half in Patt.

When they say bring money, they mean dollars. Do not exchange any dollars for Baht until you get to Thailand. Once you arrive in Thailand airport exchange only enough to get you through the first day or so. Save exchanging more until you get to the city itself. Once in the city, shop around for the best rates. The rates there are so much better than you will get at home.

Guest Jason105

Looks like " it's the season!"

I will be arriving next Tuesday night.

Spending most of the time in BKK for business then to Pattaya for almost a week.

Will be looking to try out some of the massage places recommended here.

Superrich offer good exchange rates in Bangkok. Google them for locations.

As for condoms, check the numbers on the back of the packet. They sell several sizes in Thailand. Many years ago, a Family Mart worker saved me by checking the size, advising these are much too small for you" & picked out a larger size.

(We had already spent some quality time together)

from my surveys best exchange rates are offered consistently by small office between Om Yim hotel and Silom, matching ones at Superich minus crowds and waiting.

Depending on amount changed chasing best rates may or may not make sense, I know somebody who traveled from Asok to Chong Nonsi  heading my advice to change 400$ , savings realized were enough to pay for BTS plus 40 baht ( cost of beer at 7/11 ) hardly worth of trouble and time spent.

Is this your first trip to Thailand? If you like particular Western food or wine, bring as much as you can if you can't live without it. Cheese, even butter is much more expensive here, and you might not get what exactly you are looking for. No personal experience about wine (I don't drink wine), but others are in unison about high price or poor quality, or both, of wine on sale here.

Yeah, the problem is I tend to walk there past the little Soi that has Adonis and I get distracted.

I wanted to say you can take soi Sala Daeng to walk to the Prince  , but just realized that you may get distracted by Senso  so it looks one needs taxi and/or strong will to get there but worth the trouble  even if only to see cathedral lobby populated by hunks.