abidismaili

Chances of winning legal court case against money boy?

Incidentally, most people here recognise the way do deal with financial matters in Thailand is to think carefully before opening your wallet.  There are about 195 other countries where this advice is also good. 

LOL!  You are right.

It was no prank. And now it is 2 April. So it would be a bad prank if I maintained it on 2 April.

I was serious. Scams are crimes everywhere. Also in Thailand. You do not need to know Thai law to know that. Some crimes are universal. Like I do not need to know Thai law to know murder is illegal there. Of course talking people out of money because of lies is a crime. It are scam schemes.

Well at the very least there are three different questions. First, is it a crime in the legal sense. Second, can it be proven in court. Third, how about the rule of law and the lack of legal bias in the country in question.

Without going into detail, I think in Thailand it would be an exercise in futility. If someone claims their mother is sick and you want to help, ask for the hospital bill and settle it directly.

Of course, our money-boy friends may like to consider prosecuting some falangs for failure to perform adequately, paying less than agreed, making promises that were not kept, passing on an STD, over-vigorous and painful intercourse (not an uncommon complaint, by the way), publicly abusive behaviour on message boards...

Seriously,  generally we get a good deal...our sanuk is cheap and safe in terms of harassment from the authorities and the vast majority of the guys we meet are polite and charming. Those of us who enter into a LTR have no excuse not to do so with eyes wide open; we are invariably the older. wealthier and usually the more experienced of the two. It is after all we falangs who have chosen to go to their country for our amusement.

Look, I would never bring charges because I feel pity with many of these boys. Poor backgrounds, need to send money monthly to parents etc, no good education because parents couldn't afford it, choosing for the easy money by being a moneyboy,...

I guess the judge would feel the same (pity the boy and not the Farang).

But still I can't help but thinking: technically he is committing a crime and getting away with it.

technically speaking farang paying boy for as little as stealing his kiss  in committing a crime in Thailand and thanks God is getting away with it.

Sure boy in OP case is cheating farang but so are our politicians and we still vote for them over broken promises so why to drag boy to a court?

"is not quite a significant part of the Thai moneyboy scene strictly - from a purely legal viewpoint - made up of criminals"

Yes, including farang who hire the prostitites.

I thought the OP was an April Fool's joke, but apparently it isn't.

Sorry, abidismaili, but i think your post is a bit silly. What foreigner would take a guy to court over a money matter when it would be obvious to a judge that the money probably involved prostitution? The farang would basically be admitting he had broken the law.

Thai guys lie to us all the time and they all seem to tell the exact same lies. Any mention of a sick mother, dead buffalo, friend in hospital, sister involved in a car accident etc, etc - should set off the alarm bells.

The simple answer is not to give them any money. The answer you'd get from a judge is one you wouldn't want to hear.

Sorry, abidismaili, but i think your post is a bit silly. What foreigner would take a guy to court over a money matter when it would be obvious to a judge that the money probably involved prostitution? The farang would basically be admitting he had broken the law.

Of course it probably will cost you money and time when you go to court. Materially there won't be any gain for you. But I can imagine that somewhere out there there is a Farang who thinks, after the 100th scam attempt: "This is it, I don't take it anymore. I go to court out of a matter of principle. It probably will only cost me money, but I don't what these boys to get away with these scams anymore."

Yes, strictly speaking prostitution is illegal in Thailand. But obviously it is de facto tolerated by the government. Making it a legally twilight zone. Like smoking pot in many countries is officially illegal, but no-one will harm you if you never carry more than x grams. This official government policy - by not enforcing that law - makes it de facto legal.

That is why if a Farang takes the boy to court it would be strange in my view if the Farang ends up being prosecuted, because of prostitution. Because the official policy is to not prosecute these 'crimes'. It is a sleeping law. However there is of course no official policy that you can commit as many money scams you want, without any action following. If you go to court, they will have to prosecute the boy. They will have to let the Farang go because the prosecution law is sleeping by government decision.

I thought the OP was an April Fool's joke, but apparently it isn't.

It is the month of April and it was posted on April 1 and it fits the definition of a joke.

something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being 

ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation or person laughed at rather than

taken seriously; farce:

It is the month of April and it was posted on April 1 and it fits the definition of a joke.

something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being 

ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation or person laughed at rather than

taken seriously; farce:

I am happy other forum members thought it was an intelligent question. Which it is. It truly is an interesting topic to chat about for those members whose interests are more broader and less limited, than yours appears to be. Can be a matter of education/intelligence. I mean the members here are from a broad section of society. Those with university degrees, those with only highschool, etc. There are groups here who really fail to see why this topic has merit and is worth philosophizing about. You fall in that group apparently.

I dont think it's a problem that you asked the question, but there are now 2 pages of everyone disagreeing with you.

Maybe you feel it's a good idea to take a boy to court. At this point what answer are you looking for, from a forum full of people that have said they wouldn't ?

I dont think it's a problem that you asked the question, but there are now 2 pages of everyone disagreeing with you.

Maybe you feel it's a good idea to take a boy to court. At this point what answer are you looking for, from a forum full of people that have said they wouldn't ?

I also will not take such a boy to court as I explained. I was looking what others thought what would happen if a Farang did it however. If it was winnable. And I wanted people to realize that we are so forgiving when it comes to Thai boys, but when someone back home talks us out of our money because of lies, we would feel victimized and not be of a forgiving nature. Which makes me wonder: if it is the cuteness of the boy which makes us forgiving? If an ugly person cheats us we tend to be less forgiving. It has been proven that cute people get away with more. I think this also plays a role. But indeed lets stop this topic. All has been said what could be said.

I am happy other forum members thought it was an intelligent question. Which it is. It truly is an interesting topic to chat about for those members whose interests are more broader and less limited, than yours appears to be. Can be a matter of education/intelligence. I mean the members here are from a broad section of society. Those with university degrees, those with only highschool, etc. There are groups here who really fail to see why this topic has merit and is worth philosophizing about. You fall in that group apparently.

abidismaili, when it comes to intelligence you are the one that is flunking..  But, fact is, you are posting this nonsense just to get a rise out of the forum members and enjoying making arguments ad absurdum. Keep on laughing at those who take you seriously.  

I was looking what others thought what would happen if a Farang did it however. If it was winnable.

And I wanted people to realize that we are so forgiving when it comes to Thai boys, but when someone back home talks us out of our money because of lies, we would feel victimized and not be of a forgiving nature. Which makes me wonder: if it is the cuteness of the boy which makes us forgiving? If an ugly person cheats us we tend to be less forgiving. It has been proven that cute people get away with more. I think this also plays a role.

I think nothing would happen. Compare taxis who refuse to use the meter, jet ski scams and many others.

I have been tricked out of money various times by Thai boys. The amounts are not worth losing sleep over, and in some cases I learnt from my mistakes.

I apply the following line of though to such cases:

I had bad luck that a Thai boy got me in a weak moment or moment of misjudgment and got 500 Baht out of me;

others have bad luck and die in a car crash.

Thai guys lie to us all the time and they all seem to tell the exact same lies. Any mention of a sick mother, dead buffalo, friend in hospital, sister involved in a car accident etc, etc - should set off the alarm bells.

I'm not sentimental at all  but can't confirm from my experience that they are particularly inclined to lie. Not much than we lie to them anyways.

And those stories you mentioned- I heard about them in forums but actually very rarely from actual boys I was sharing time with. I know boys try but for me it seems not with everybody. May be staying in more spartan hotels has something to do with that?

Perhaps I look like last sort of an asshole and they don't even try but I doubt. Even taxi money is being asked  quite rarely like they can sense I don't like it.

But I agree with you that and additional requests should set alarms .

Which makes me wonder: if it is the cuteness of the boy which makes us forgiving?

Probably you are right. Most of us had a fabulous time there and would not risk spoiling that memories by instigating court case likly to be lost

I apply the following line of though to such cases:

I had bad luck that a Thai boy got me in a weak moment or moment of misjudgment and got 500 Baht out of me;

others have bad luck and die in a car crash.

my personal maximum is 2000 , but even then I got nice conversation and useless but handsome body beside for about 50 minutes, still much better than bout of diarrhea, not to mention car crash  

Guest whall

Christian. You seem really cool and grounded. I hope we meet up when I come next. I have zero idea what you look like, but I thought I sat near you at a restaurant in bkk. The one that is across from Bangkok Massage.

Guest Stewart

The Foolish Man (modified) by Harrysun123

There was a man that that had no luck in his life so he decided to set out to the Temple and ask Buddha why.

He came across a tiger and the tiger said “why am I so hungry” the man said “I don’t know but I will ask Buddha why.

Next he came across an old tree and the tree said “why am I so thirsty and cannot drink from the earth”. The man said don’t worry I will ask Buddha why”.

The man continued his journey to the temple and met a beautiful boy. He saw the boy was crying. The boy said “why am I so lonely” the man said don’t worry I will ask Buddha why.

When he reached the Temple he asked Buddha why he had no luck. A booming voice thundered “BECAUSE YOU ARE A VERY STUPID MAN”. 

“WHY DO YOU SAY THAT” asked the man.

The voice thundered “BECAUSE LUCK IS RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE”

The man left to go back home to look for luck right under his nose.

He came across the beautiful boy and the boy said “what did the Buddha say”

“Sorry I forgot to ask” said the man.

“that’s OK” said the boy “you can be my boyfriend and we live together”

“Sorry” the man said, “I can't as I have to look for my luck”

He then passed by the old tree and the tree ask “what did Buddha say?”

“don’t worry” the tree said “there is a treasure chest buried and my roots can not find the water, can you help me move it?”.

“sorry” said the man, “I have to look for my luck”.

He then came arcoss the hungry tiger and the tiger asked “what did Buddha say?”

“that’s OK” said the tiger “ I remembered the advice my grandmother once gave me”.

“what was that” said the man.

“Find the stupidest man and eat him for food” and that’s is what the tiger just did.

END

You would sue a money boy?  Ok, you take him to court and win a judgment.  He's a money boy.  How's he supposed to pay?

You know how you can easily avoid all that?  When he asks for money, don't give him any.

I reckon you nailed it there Gaybutton:

Don't give them money and no problems!