paulsf

Soi Twilight Police Raid

Seems the police raided Soi Twilight Thursday night. Appears only Thai boys will be working for the weekend. Appears some of the non Thai boys are just sitting around in the clubs fully dressed and can be offed. But not allowed on stage. Anybody in town with more info.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/news/1006161?refer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

According to Bangkok Post, the massage parlour was making 19 million baht a month and paying 300,000 to various officials incl. immigration officer, local senior police officers.

"more than 400 prostitutes working in rotation to service customers"

Muscfair I don't think sex workers are legal.

" was making 19 million baht a month and paying 300,000 to various officials incl. immigration officer, local senior police officers."

See, this is what bugs me, so if the Army are / were serious about stamping out corruption, why isn't there a flying squad of special officers sent in there IMMEDIATELY to find those senior officers who where all getting their slice of that 300,000 and FIRING them on the spot.   The answer is of course that the issue probably goes even higher than them and it's endemic in Thai society, which is fine and that's how it's been for years and seems to work for them ( or not) - but to then make noise about stamping down on corruption and moving officers etc whilst it all so blatantly still goes on is just a total farce.

Why would you think so ?

A lack of money going up the line shouldn't have to automatically result in bar closures - especially as they are just places for drinking and seeing ( alleged) dancing and a place to chat with nice Thai guys and girls,

They aren't "sex establishments' and the owners are always very clear about that  - as other wise would all massage shops etc etc have to get closed down too then - just because Thailand's finest aren't getting their cut - I think not. 

And that's my very point - go go bars aren't sex shops either, I have NEVER seen anyone fucking in a (Bkk) go go bar - ever - you go in drink and chat and if you want to take a boy off to study fine art and painting from the French renaissance period then that is entirely up to yourself, but sex shop a go go bar is most definitely not and so wouldn't need to close any more than said equally non sex shop massage joint - if anything I think the massage shop might find it harder to stay open legally based on what might ACTUALLY be going on there perhaps.

Beer bars are also required to pay up so are they not working on a sound legal footing either then perhaps, likewise every street stall and good knows who else. I don't think it's a case of legal footing or not but more a case of if the money stopped going up the line life and business would most likely carry on as normal - as it did shortly after the Army first took over ( until things reverting to the norm it seems again or they're the ones now getting their cut too no doubt)

Guest Promsak

I suspect that the recent massage parlour raid is a domestic issue between competing businesses in the area and the BIB and has nothing to do with the Soi Twilight raid.

I wonder if Khun Chuwit will have any comment.

Guest ryanasia

And that's my very point - go go bars aren't sex shops either, I have NEVER seen anyone fucking in a (Bkk) go go bar - ever - you go in drink and chat and if you want to take a boy off to study fine art and painting from the French renaissance period then that is entirely up to yourself, but sex shop a go go bar is most definitely not and so wouldn't need to close any more than said equally non sex shop massage joint - if anything I think the massage shop might find it harder to stay open legally based on what might ACTUALLY be going on there perhaps.

You must not be going to the right gogo bars then. If you mean customers, fair enough but I have seen plenty of fucking in the bars over the years. 

In a universe far far away there exists a utopian society known as the Land of Smiles where if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is the duty of every citizen to refuse to publicly acknowledge that it is a duck, and the ducks pay the necessary fees as part of their role in this facade. Every few months one duck annoys another duck or someone in authority feels it is time for another sacrificial duck to maintain the facade and the press is full of shock horror headlines about some non-duck that is now shown to actually be a duck, but within a few days the facade wheels are oiled again and everything is back to being non-duck and all is well with the universe ....

They aren't "sex establishments' and the owners are always very clear about that

I have listened in admiration as many venue owners have chanted this sanctimonious crap with a straight face, but when you make statements like this are you just trying to be a good citizen of the Land of Smiles?, or do you seriously expect us to believe that you, hand on heart, do not think these venues are fronts for prostitution? that the venue owners, the police and all the readers of this forum do not know these venues are fronts for prostitution? that all the posts I have read on all the forums over the years about getting agreement with the boy about exactly what sexual acts he will  perform when you take him back to your room, about the mamasans who know in great detail the sexual proclivities of each boy in the bar, etc, are all just cross posts from alternate universes that do not understand the duck/non-duck facade?

bkkguy

On Wednesday I visited Tawan for  a last time and was sad to see that my favorite Lao boys were missing. When asked what is going on I was whispered to that owner is expecting police visit so foreign workers did not show up for a work. Too bad they weren't as smart as Twilight boys and did not linger near the bar because at least one of  them would land my long time contract.

Clearly owner either had perfect gut feeling or understanding how police works  wink , wink

Clearly owner either had perfect gut feeling or understanding how police works wink , wink

Well obviously. There have to be some benefits to be had from security expenditure.

Also, I presume you could find the Laos lads on one of the Internet apps.

I had a text from my friend T, a Vietnamese who works at Hotmale. He says the Thai police are banning Vietnamese from working in Thailand. Linking this to Vinapu's report on Lao boys seems to indicate this might be more than first thought.

I was talking to a Vietnamese friend today and he said this is the worse raid he has ever seen. He said police made it very clear to management, Thai boys only. Many Vietnamese boys have started going home this week as they know it will be a while before they can work.

Wouldn't it make sense for the Vietnamese guys to try offering their services on the internet, in Bangkok or Pattaya ?

Anyhow, if the police do force people back to Cambodia, Vietnam etc, it might just improve trade there.