TotallyOz

Leather Upholstery in Bangkok

I have an office chair that I love that I have had in storage for a bit and I need to get some leather repair.  Does anyone know of anyone who does this?  It is OK if in Bangkok or Pattaya as I'm willing to travel to get it fixed (or pay for them to travel to me).

Thanks.

I should have clarified. 

I am looking for a leather repair dealer that will take a gay man's chair who lives in Bangkok and repair it. :)

I don't think people are being harsh but this is a niche forum and if it starts to get "can anyone recommend household solutions.."  posts it will die off pretty quickly.  Also for the info you're looking for there must be an expat forum that would get you the info you need.  Good luck with it.

Since Michael is responsible for the existence of this website (He started it), he can post anything he wants and in any Forum he wants to. IMHO.

First  the Gaythailand Forum gets a lot more looks  then the other Forums and thus he has a better chance of getting that particular information from a resident.

2ND as far as the Forum dying off because a post does not deal with something specifically Gay seems to be quite a stretch.

If I cared to take the time I am sure over the years there have been many posts that did not deal with a Gay thing and it continues to chug along!

"Keep the topics related to information on Thailand."  This is the topic information posted on main forum page for this forum.  We did discuss years ago where posts that are not gay but Thailand related should go and we decided it was best in this forum.  I am sure the thread is still here somewhere. 

I don't see an issue with posting anything about Thailand in this forum.  The Beer Bar is for topics outside of Thailand.  This was the forum designated for anything Thailand related.  I know many only like gay topics but as I am a very masculine man, I like other topics as well.  But, even my uber gay friends don't like talk about Ladyboys in this forum and I still say that is appropriate as well. 

Me, I am more along the lines of if I don't like a topic, I don't open it.  Unless I see it has a lot of postings and then I go in and see what it is about. 

Sex and Thai boys always get my interest. But, so do hotels, travel blogs, etc.   I am one of those gay men who love variety. But, not everything has to be gay for me to enjoy it. For example, my boyfriend is here from Issan and he has his girlfriend with him this weekend. (so not gay)  I am very non gay this weekend as I don't know if she knows he has been with me for over 10 years and I need more than just a bodyguard. ;)

Always amazed at how it becomes about someone's right to post. 

I never said it wasn't ok to post, just suggesting that it maybe isn't the best place to get the info and maybe not a great use of this forum.  Just an opinion. Not that I don't like the topic, just a practical thing. 

But 8 replies and no suggestions on where to get a chair re-done should also be a strong hint. 

I would imagine bars get stuff like that done all the time, so might be worth checking for word of mouth suggestions.  Although I don't doubt that many here have lots of experience with leather :)

I think I have a right to post just like you do.  I think the great thing about this site is that everyone has a right to post and very few times over the years have posts been deleted or removed.  We all seem to be able to get along and move along when a topic is of no interest to us.

That said, you seem to have enjoyed the conversation about leather. Are you sure we didn't meet at last year's Folsom Street Festival? :)

Guest abang1961

This is my take.

A gay person sits on the chair.

If the leather is worn-out/tear, would it hurts his gay buttocks.

So everything can be discuss here.

Good idea is to ask around the managers in bars and hotels.

Perhaps they may have in-house technicians to look at the chair.

I don't see an issue with posting anything about Thailand in this forum. 

I don't see issue with posting anything about everything.

if post pick interest of others may live here for a while even if it will be about municipal elections in Bolivia or so.

If it's misplaced will die natural death and very fast

I don't think people are being harsh but this is a niche forum and if it starts to get "can anyone recommend household solutions.."  posts it will die off pretty quickly.  Also for the info you're looking for there must be an expat forum that would get you the info you need.  Good luck with it.

Gay people use chairs.   Michael is looking for a repair to one in Bangkok (Thailand).   So this is on topic.

If you have a problem with that, just sod off & read something else.  Much better than wasting your time moaning.

Guest surfside66

Michael,

I've had dozens of leather and reptile shoes / briefcases / luggage custom made for me at Tony Leather 34 Suriwong Rd. in Bangkok...always excellent work and value.

It's been 14 years since my last visit, so I would Google them to see if they still exist, then call for guidance or referrals on said chair.

BTW, I'm Surf and was once known donkey years ago as Bell N. Howell on the old "Dreaded Ned's" forum.

I'm glad to be back, out of my crypt and typing again amongst the living daylights.

:)

Cheers,

Surf

Welcome Surfside.  Glad to have you here.  I enjoyed the old Dreaded Ned's.  Glad you made your way here.

I called the store and they are still there but they don't do chairs.  However, it was a good lead. Thank you!

Guest surfside66

Michael,

Perhaps ring "Mr. Bag Fix" on 668 1492 or visit his website.

Address is 114 Pattanakarn Soi 29 Pattanakarn Road Suanlaung.

Thanks for the welcome. 19 years with my Japanese boyfriend has kept me on ice...however retirement

is my next step and with it a trip to Thailand in near future. Tragically, he won't be able to join me due to renewing the lease

on his shop.

Such a pity...

;)

Cheers,

Surf