Guest Qualityonly

Airport Fast Track

Guest naughtybutnice

There is no need for either a long walk nor a long wait.

For 1200Baht you can book a Fast Track and be met at the airbridge with a buggy that will take you to the priority Immigration point and stay with you through luggage reclaim to the meeting point in the arrivals hall.

If you book wheelchair assistance you will most likely be the last person off the plane.

I don't think that is true I see many older people with canes etc that are just taken to the door and picked up at the door of the plane.

most airlines on disembarking actually announce  ' if you require an assistance please wait until somebody will assist you" or something  like that.

If we don't require usually we don't even pay an attention  to this. Since I like flying at end of aricraft I'm one of those leaving last and usually I see those infirm and with small children still seating , waiting for wheelchair attendants gathered near the door outside of aircraft. Always hope I will be never in position of those waiting for such an assistance

Guest naughtybutnice

I don't think that is true I see many older people with canes etc that are just taken to the door and picked up at the door of the plane.

Then our experience differs greatly.

I agree with what vinapu writes that there are announcements asking anyone needing assistance remains seated.

I fly Bangkok-London- Bangkok twice a month and Bangkok- Sydney-Bangkok once a month and I have never seen wheelchair passengers taken off first.

Maybe if a passenger has booked wheelchair assistance through one of the fast track services and not through the airline they could toddle off the plane and find their fast track meeter and greeter with a wheelchair but frankly if you need assistance it is simple to book a buggy and fast track and leave the wheelchair service to passengers that genuinely need it.

Then you need to pay attention sitting at the gate when people are wheeled up to the front of the line and get out of the chair and sit in handicapped section and wait for boarding where they are then offered to board first. I myself was afforded this when I had a knee injury that limited the distances I could walk but not short walks from Boarding door to seat etc.

I have almost never seen that not happen. On departure I see people all the time walk off the jetway to a waiting ride.

There are others who have to be taken to their seat and taken out of their seat but there are many who can walk short distances to transportation but it is a hardship to walk some of the long distances at major airports.

I tried the fast track services of Siam resorts Bangkok Airport Transfer Services (or aka Bangkok Airport Limousine) https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html on my last trip to Bangkok, beginning of December, mainly for the buggy service and also because my trip continued from Bangkok to Bali and Jakarta (see other thread for  a trip report) and the return from Jakarta to Canada had tight connecting time in Bangkok, on 2 different airlines and 2 separately purchased tickets meaning, according to email from customer service of Thai Airways,  I could not check my luggage in Jakarta to go all the way to Canada, even if both airlines are part of Star Alliance. (Jakarta-Bangkok was on Thai Airways and Bangkok-Beijing-Montreal was on Air China,). 

So it meant going through immigration, picking up my luggage and then walking to check-in at Air China counter, pass security and immigration again and walking to the gate in only 2 hours and half at 10h30 PM meaning possibly a lot of people in line. The idea was that buggy and fast immigration service would cut on time and I also added a porter so that I would not have to carry the bag all the way to the Air China counter. I decided to take the service on the way to Bangkok too, just to see if it worked properly.

The service is good, effective and attentive. If the expense is worth it will depend on each one.

Cost on the first entrance to Bangkok was; Fast track (1200 THB) + Golf cart (1299 THB) total of 2499 THB (just under 70 USD). Cost on the return was the same plus 349 THB for the porter (total 2848 THB or about 79 USD). Golf cart can be used by up to 3 persons. So individual cost can be cheaper. In my case we were 2 persons so individual cost was really 1850 THB (51.50 USD) and 2024 THB (56 USD) on the return. Which is not too bad considering less legwork and time saved.

Reservation is made on their website and you get an email confirmation asking you to pay on Paypal or Paysbuy. Once completed you receive another email with your service voucher which they say you need to present at time of service but were never requested on site (!)

They are waiting with a sign with your name at the arrival gate, buggy ready to bring you to immigration area. Another person brings you to the diplomatic/crew counter and you breeze through the official review and then the porter is waiting behind the counter to bring you to the correct carrousel to pick up your luggage and help you bring it to your taxi/limousine service. You can book their own limo service to downtown Bangkok for 900 THB which would lower the fast track by 150 THB. I did not use it because I previously reserved with Limo Pattaya but it might be a good thing to take everything with them as they have a special parking area which is closer to the terminal and they might have newer cars. Booking for the limo service is on a different form on their website.

All in all, it is a very swift and easy process. I am sure I saved quite a bit of time as the line on the regular counters was long but not super long considering it was 1h00 AM.

Now, as things do not necessarily work as they should when you are talking of air travels, here are the details that made it not as good an expenditure as it should have been! Nothing against the service itself as they execute as promised and time is saved. Just that on this trip thing went a different way and return on money was not totally there!!

On the way in, we landed about 45 minutes later than programmed. Instead of being parked at a gate, we were at a remote area and brought to the terminal by bus. The area where the bus arrive is right in front of the immigration counters area. So the golf cart is not necessary since it is not far to walk. Even if the gate had changed, they were waiting with my name on a sign and the (funny) driver made the best of not having to use the cart by saying we would be waiting for our luggage anyway so he might as well show us the airport and drive us around for awhile!! After 10 minutes of going around he brought us back to the immigration counter and we sailed through. On the other side, the porter, which was not requested, was waiting anyway!! He brought us to the carrousel and we waited for close to 20 minutes for our luggage. So, time lost at immigration line may mean shorter wait at carrousel. The porter brought the luggage to the limo waiting area (close to gate 3 and 4 outside the arrival area), gave the cart to our driver and service was completed in an effective way and lots of smile with it!

So, with a good record on the way in, I was looking forward to the return and was expecting easy transfer. Things changed there too!

When we are checking in for our flight Jakarta-Bangkok, I mention we have a connection and wanted to ask the favor to have the bag tagged with a priority delivery since we have to go through immigration and pick-up our bag before checking-in to the other flight and that we have limited time. The Thai Airways supervisor and clerk look at us and say we can surely connect your bags to your next flight and you wont have to go trough all that. They ask for the flight number and right away say it can be done. We now have only to go directly to the transit area counters of out connecting airline. Still having doubts, after all Thai Airways Canada/USA customer service had told me it was not possible to do, by 3 times I reconfirm the bags will make it trough the other 2 airports connecting flights. Their answer is just to show me the luggage ticket showing all 3 flights with final destination Montreal.  They then add, to make sure the agents of Air China include the ticket number into their system so the bags are directed to each flights.

So, we are off to Bangkok, wondering if this will really work, but also realizing that the fast track service was not required anymore but paid and could not be reimbursed. This flight too was brought to a remote area and we were bused to the terminal making the golf cart useless again if we would have gone to the immigration counters. But it came in handy, as I told the driver we did not need the fast track service but still wanted him to bring us to the transfer area. That area ended up to be quite far from the arrival door, it would have been a long and tiring walk. The driver showed us to the security check point and waited for us upstairs and brought us (short walk) to the transfer counter of Air China. Again effective and friendly service but really a steep expense considering it was not used in full (no immigration fast track and no porter service). But, still, I prefer to have made the expense considering the hassle that was waiting if we needed to go through all that in 2 hours and a half. I am quite sure it would have gone very smooth.  I might even have taken the departure service considering the wait at security and immigration when leaving Bangkok.

All in all, I lived a good experience even if I have mixed feeling on the return on my money. But there was no way I would have known the arrival would be to a remote area and the entrance beside the immigrations counters making the golf cart useless. Or that it is in fact so fast to go though immigration that you have to wait for your luggage. But I also now know the cart can be useful as the airport is so big and the service works perfectly.

I’d probably do it again only because it is a worry free arrival!

Oh, and as a final note, the bags did make it to Montreal without problems.

And sorry for the lengthy post.

I exit the plane as quickly as possible and walk as fast as possible to the passport queue. At BKK, the immigration queue usually doubles in length shortly after I join.

This year I had about 3 people in front & the queue built up rapidly after I joined it.

At Krabi, I was first to immigration from my plane (Air Asia). The remaining passengers from another plane took a while to process, but there was a very large queue behind me once those from my plane joined.

If bussed from plane to terminal, the moment you're on the steps from the plane, have a good look at the terminal to figure out which side of the bus the doors will open on. Then position yourself for a fast exit & to beat the rest of your plane to immigration.

Guest abang1961

Well you could save yourself the agony of waiting, anticipating by having a 20 inch trolley bag and a small backpack.

This way, you have everything next to you once you clear the immigration.  

Actually, why bother to bring too much into Thailand where (almost) everything is readily available.  Bring what you need for 2 days (plus that set of clothing you are wearing) to me is more than sufficient.  Laundry service is very inexpensive (a tiny fraction when compared to the bar-fines).

One trick: When you board the plane, try to get a seat at the front portion of the plane.  You are most likely to board last but to alight first.  Also take that aisle seat!

I don't

Want my bag laying on carousel too long

Untended for too long while I wait on a

Long qeaue. Worth 1200 baht if it works

Not being nosy but I wonder what do you have in your checked luggage that you are soooo concerned about being unattended. I'd think any items of value you had with you.

There's old and always true advice that one should never take for trip things which can't afford to lose.   

Actually, why bother to bring too much into Thailand where (almost) everything is readily available. 

Easy to say for Singaporean.

On my last trip bulk of contents of my suitcase / 10.4 kg all / were things I did not need at all in Thailand  but were necessary on arrival i.e winter clothes and shoes.

It needs to be said though that 2 years ago I bought an excellent winter parka in Cental Departmnet store st Silom Center 

The carefully picked clothes toiletries

And other articles in that bag.

I put a lot of thought and footwork

To getting it all together.

My carry on contains electonics paperwork

Anda miniature version of checked bag.

I am staying 3 months. All other valuables

On my person.

it's not a sonnet, it's not a haiku, it's not iambic pentameter ... but it is still quite poetic in its own way

bkkguy