KhorTose

President Donald Trump

When I went to bed the networks had not called it yet, but the obvious is that Trump won.  As I said in the thread closed by the mod, Trump's issues were genuine issues to many Americans.  Furthermore, they really wanted change and the man who represented change in the Democratic party lost the primary, in part, due to manipulations by Hillary Clinton who even accepted answers from someone who was suppose to be neutral.  Sorry you Hillary or bust fans, but you have managed to screw the democratic party, if not America as a whole.

First results:  futures down 700 and trading frozen.

The Canadian immigration web site has crashed----TRUE

A bit of advice for American expats.   You may be safer in Thailand then back in America

Keep thinking that as Civil Rights in the USA get pushed back 40 years. Just as idiots voted for Brexit because it was "change" people need to realise that change is not necessarily good. Donald Trump is not fit to go to the toilet without supervision. He now has a platform for his racist, sexist, agenda provided he has time to govern among the court cases he has coming up.

Keep thinking that as Civil Rights in the USA get pushed back 40 years. Just as idiots voted for Brexit because it was "change" people need to realise that change is not necessarily good. Donald Trump is not fit to go to the toilet without supervision. He now has a platform for his racist, sexist, agenda provided he has time to govern among the court cases he has coming up.

A sitting President is immune from prosecution other than offenses committed in office.

When I went to bed the networks had not called it yet, but the obvious is that Trump won.  As I said in the thread closed by the mod, Trump's issues were genuine issues to many Americans.  Furthermore, they really wanted change and the man who represented change in the Democratic party lost the primary, in part, due to manipulations by Hillary Clinton who even accepted answers from someone who was suppose to be neutral.  Sorry you Hillary or bust fans, but you have managed to screw the democratic party, if not America as a whole.

First results:  futures down 700 and trading frozen.

The Canadian immigration web site has crashed----TRUE

A bit of advice for American expats.   You may be safer in Thailand then back in America

We take our disasters in stride . The market is actually up 300 points.

I can't stand Trump but I remember all the whining and nashing of teeth when Reagan won.  US will survive.

Guest shamahan

We take our disasters in stride . The market is actually up 300 points.

Before that Dow future was 900 points down. The reason for market "recovery" is quite clear: it became obvious that power transition will be smooth (on the background on recent threats of a"revolution" if Trump does not get his favorite toy of the moment: US Presidency). The major thing to keep in my mind is that Trump does not have a viable economic plan. Part of what he proposed is a typical republican agenda: cut taxes, regulations, etc. But he wants a huge infrastructure spending and trade protectionism. It is neither republican nor democrat: is is pure demagoguery.  It is totally unrealistic and promises rapid growth of federal debt by dozens of trillions of Dollars. Moreover, when it goes to republican congress, they will definitely try to cut social security and other retirement programs because realistically it is the only remaining source of money (along with 401(k) plans ) the government has. Protectionism will lead  to higher prices in US , falling purchasing power of Dollar and consequently

falling exchange rates. His "economic" plan is doomed and I wonder what is he going to do when it becomes obvious. My guess that a short victorious war will be on agenda. How about occupation of Venezuela and grabbing their oil resources?

Let us not forget that Trump lost this elections (majority voted for Clinton). American indirect election of the President is, in fact archaic and not democratic. It is pity that country (which really needs a lot of changes) fell into another demagogical trap.

Guest shamahan

On Gaybutton message board the poster Rocket suggested that it was a waste of time for Clinton to campaign in Arizona. In reality it was a smart move. The only bright spot for Democrats in this election were Western states:Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and in Arizona the difference was really small. Even Texas was competitive. The reason is obvious:change in demographics, i.e. growth of hispanic population (hispanics overwhelmengly voted for Clinton except for Cubans). On the contrary, say in Pensilvania Clinton was doomed: indeed , in heavily Democratic Philadelphia Clinton got advantage of 450000 votes,

which is normally enough to win the state. However, the huge "surge" of "red neck" vote in rural areas change the calculation.

On the contrary, in Arizona the racist sheriff Apraya was ousted. It is not really a question how the campaign was run. It is the election itself is unfair: indeed, my vote for Clinton in a traditionally Red state was not counted (versus a vote of a fascist monkey , say, in Alabama).

I can't stand Trump but I remember all the whining and nashing of teeth when Reagan won.  US will survive.

The US may survive though it will likely not be the nation it is now. The laws and changes likely to be perpetrated by the extreme right wing government voted in on Tuesday, and the inevitable change in the balance of SCOTUS, will change the face of civil rights in the US and severely harm its moral authority elsewhere in the world. My main concern though is not in the US. It's the trouble spots in the world, Ukraine, North Korea, Syria where Trump does not have the experience or temperament required. Anyone thinking the world is not a more dangerous place today than it was Monday is deluding themselves.

It is not really a question how the campaign was run. It is the election itself is unfair: indeed, my vote for Clinton in a traditionally Red state was not counted (versus a vote of a fascist monkey , say, in Alabama).

The electoral college means a vote in Wyoming, for instances, is worth 3 to 4 times what a vote in California or New York is worth. The distribution of democrat voters against republican voters ensures that if both sides get a similar number of votes nationally that the republicans will win the election due to the electoral college. It's a severely outdated voting system and if it were happening elsewhere in the world the US would be the first to say it wasn't democratic.

). On the contrary, say in Pensilvania Clinton was doomed: indeed , in heavily Democratic Philadelphia Clinton got advantage of 450000 votes,

which is normally enough to win the state. However, the huge "surge" of "red neck" vote in rural areas change the calculation.

On the contrary, in Arizona the racist sheriff Apraya was ousted. It is not really a question how the campaign was run. It is the election itself is unfair: indeed, my vote for Clinton in a traditionally Red state was not counted (versus a vote of a fascist monkey , say, in Alabama).

You are not even close to spelling Pennsylvania  No problem as this word is an American construct of a mans last name and the German word for forested land.  No, when you run a campaign and you have cheated to be the head of the ticket, the half of your party that you cheated to get your victory will have a tough time believing in you anymore.  Your comment about Sheriff Arpalo losing and the fact that 4 states approved recreational MJ, and three more approved medical MJ proves that liberals were out voting.  They just did not vote for her, and if you look at idiot Johnson's vote, that made the difference between victory and defeat in every state..  I voted for Hillary, but many Bernie backers were mad----not only at her--- but at the silence of her backers when it was found out she cheated to win the primaries.  If you want some old fashioned misogyny, women often decide things by consensus, and when the consensus is strong--right and wrong can go out the window.  Too many women in this country wanted a women as president, and damn the rules.  I hope they are happy with the results.

I only hope that those who were either Sanders voters that then didn't vote for Clinton or voted for Johnson like the world they have helped create for the next four years. Overall though it seems to me that the press is responsible for an awful lot these days. Unfortunately too many people believe the tripe that is posted as journalistic endeavour and the press can, and did, easily swing public opinion with garbage. As for the pollsters, I wonder what they actually get paid for these days as they don't seem to get much right.

Bottom line probably the vast majority of the wasted 7% that went to 3rd party candidates would have voted for Clinton in a 2 person race .  And the vast majority of those were millennials.

Now they can resume complaining about tuition , minimum wage and global warming because they will go backwards over the next 4 years and they are a large part of the reason Hilary lost. That of course plus the large numbers who just did not bother voting .  Way to support Bernie by helping Trump get elected.

When you look at how few votes were needed to flip it the other way if PA and Florida went for Hilary, it is really sad!

But we have survived worse and I still hold out a chance that Trump will return to what he was for 60 years and that is a Democrat.

Would that not be a joke on Republicane?

Guest shamahan

I do not know weather this is true. What is true,however,is that many blue collar Democrats voted for Trump, whereas many Republicans like   myself  crossed the line and voted for Clinton. What is also true is that Hillary got the majority of votes, despite Russian interference and shenanigans of FBI director. As for Bernie, he is as Democrat as Trump is Republican. One of the lessons of this election is that it is high time to stop pretending that two party system in US makes any sense: I cannot share the same party with Trump and Cruz and I am sure many Democrats will not want to pretend that they have the same views as Bernie.

Guest shamahan

Bottom line probably the vast majority of the wasted 7% that went to 3rd party candidates would have voted for Clinton in a 2 person race .  And the vast majority of those were millennials.

Now they can resume complaining about tuition , minimum wage and global warming because they will go backwards over the next 4 years and they are a large part of the reason Hilary lost. That of course plus the large numbers who just did not bother voting .  Way to support Bernie by helping Trump get elected.

When you look at how few votes were needed to flip it the other way if PA and Florida went for Hilary, it is really sad!

But we have survived worse and I still hold out a chance that Trump will return to what he was for 60 years and that is a Democrat.

Would that not be a joke on Republicane?

That is not going to happen. There is a poster TJ on Gaybutton message board who is spinning Trump victory like hell. Refers to stock market as a proof that America already becoming great again.

Two things: first, stock market picking winners and losers under Trump Presidency. E.g. financial stocks are winners because of Dodd-Frank has to go under Trump. Technological stocks are losers (because Trump wants to punish Apple, Amazon etc). Hence, Nasdag is actually down. Second, interest rates are going up in December and hence Dollar is strong at the moment.

It is all temporal and will go to hell as soon as Trump will start to implement tax cuts, increased military spending and infra structure projects. Higher interest rates make it even more difficult for him to borrow money.

We will have to wait and see. I am quite sure he will get a massive infrastructure bill which he will force the Republicans to swallow . It will be basically the same sort of bill Obama tried to get for 6 years and was blocked by the do nothing Republicans.

This will in fact create millions of good jobs and the money will be borrowed at the current very low rates . Yes it will add to the deficit. 

I take a backseat to no one in thinking Hilary was the better choice, but Trump will be forced to learn he is not a King once he assumes the office which all past Presidents have learned .

I for one do not encourage wait and see.  I am 100% behind Michael Moore's five suggestions.

https://www.good.is/articles/moore-five-point-plan

I also like the attitude suggested by Michael Moore.

There is no reason why democrats should not be as mean fighters as republicans.

The more democrats demonstrate and criticize and fight instead of being nice sheep who go along, the less will Trump try out the drastic moves he was threatening with, if he is smart.   The man has no problems with lying and changing his mind.  His best bet is to take the middle ground, not falling completely for the conservative ideology.

Ah and by the way, the faster the Clintons vanish from the political scene the better. I feel somewhat sorry for her, but she had it coming.