TotallyOz

Hornet in Chiang Mai

I just returned from a trip in Chiang Mai and after logging into Hornet, I had 5 conversations going within one hour all with boys I like.  I met two of them for massages and more and both were excellent.  Walking the streets of Chiang Mai, the boys are hot and sexy!  I really love that city!

But you've really got your work cut out to convert me :) I've never bought anything online except travel.

Nowhere in this thread is it stated Michael bought anything on line either.     What are you implying ? :)

In many places, on line dating is by far the best chance of meeting anyone.

In the last 2 months I have had far more success on Hornet in both Bangkok and this week Pattaya. 

I was horny as hell this afternoon and within 10 minutes a beautiful boy was on his way to my hotel, his suggestion I give him 500 baht and he give me "good suck". Well he did.. I gave him 700. All organised online. It is like ordering food to your door... Perfect!

Turns out he works at Toy Boys.... 500 baht off fee. Go figure....

Hornet is amazing in Thailand. Try it if you haven't. 

From the other side, tonight I off a boy from Cupido? or some place. Flirty, cute.. 2 drinks later, 400 baht off-fee we leave. 
I was sitting with Floridarob, his ting tong boy and my off. He just sat there on his phone. Totally different person. I threw him some money and told him to go back to work. my first DUD and I didn't even get him home. Ended up going to get the boy from last night (dreamboys) and well.. I am typing this as he just left. Amazing boy! .. But for the record, he is on Hornet also! 

I was sitting with Floridarob, his ting tong boy and my off. He just sat there on his phone. Totally different person. I threw him some money and told him to go back to work. my first DUD and I didn't even get him home. 

1  Picking a boy for sex and one for conversation are 2 different things.    Whilst of course, some are good at both, quite a lot of them don't speak much English, so it follows the conversation can be limited.    Some in Cupidol had very limited English.

2  In December, Cupidol was packed.  Some of the boys appeared to be getting several offs a night.    I don't know how much it has slowed down now, but perhaps your boy just thought he was wasting earning time having a drink with you, when he would prefer to have a quick sex session & get back to the bar.

within 10 minutes a beautiful boy was on his way to my hotel, his suggestion I give him 500 baht and he give me "good suck". Well he did.. I gave him 700. All organised online. It is like ordering food to your door... Perfect!

Turns out he works at Toy Boys.... 500 baht off fee. Go figure....

From the other side, tonight I off a boy from Cupido? or some place. Flirty, cute.. 2 drinks later, 400 baht off-fee we leave. 

I was sitting with Floridarob, his ting tong boy and my off. He just sat there on his phone. Totally different person. I threw him some money and told him to go back to work. my first DUD and I didn't even get him home. Ended up going to get the boy from last night (dreamboys) and well.. I am typing this as he just left. Amazing boy! .. But for the record, he is on Hornet also! 

Can be story supported be profile number ? or public pics to get more idea about good/bad boys ? 

Cupido was not packed. 5 or so farangs in there. 15 to 20 boys. This was 11pm on a friday night.

The boy i posted about had ok english. I told him before i took him the plan. He agreed. It was just one if those things. Im not bothered about it as I ended up having a fantastic night anyway.

Guest abang1961

I must claim that I've never off any Thai boy before.

This is my take of the situation between apps and bars.

With apps, boys are available 24/7 but you cannot verify your goods as some are just using too much photo-shopping.

With bars, what you see is what you get...

For example, I may look better in photos because of the angles and lighting but in real life, I am just slightly more photogenic.

And  I am just a good dinner partner but you, fellow farangs, would rather go to bed with a twinky lad, right? 

I have to be honest I am not sure how comfortable I feel posting photos of boys when talking about my experience with them. What might be a good or bad experience for me could be totally different for one of you. I will have a think about it and let you know.

I must claim that I've never off any Thai boy before.

This is my take of the situation between apps and bars.

With apps, boys are available 24/7 but you cannot verify your goods as some are just using too much photo-shopping.

With bars, what you see is what you get...

For example, I may look better in photos because of the angles and lighting but in real life, I am just slightly more photogenic.

And  I am just a good dinner partner but you, fellow farangs, would rather go to bed with a twinky lad, right? 

I have to laugh every time I read this excuse for not using the apps. First of all I get it some people like the drinking and the shows and that is fine.

But seeing the goods for an excuse is laughable.  I have had just as many boys taken from a Bar that in daylight did not look so perfect as they did in the dim lights of a Bar. Or a really cute boy on stage with masculine body (not muscles) and he comes out to leave with a customer in high heels.

I can't count the number of boys I have offed from Bars and PlanetRomeo and apps. 85% of the boys who arrived at my door looked like the photos . Some may have looked a bit older which does not worry me. 10% were not the boy in the photos but were at least as good looking and sometimes better. 5% were a complete dissapointment and sent away with taxi fare.

On average in Pattaya 75% of the boys I hired from PlanetRomeo or Apps worked in the Bars presently or in the past.

No discernible difference in level of performance between offs from Bars or online.

But seeing the goods for an excuse is laughable. 

Not laughable, rather a simple matter of personal preference.  

Excluding the small number of dimly lit gogo bars, in the vast majority of cases the customer gets to see almost all of the boy & he gets to make eye contact & check out body language.

Most of the boys I speak to in Pattaya on apps worked in bars, so I also go along to the bars to check them out.  

Advantage:   I get to do an advance filter with the app & still check out their body language

Disadvantage:  If it's a host bar, the boy pounces on me & I can be sat with him whilst quickly realising the bar has nicer boys.

On the last Pattaya trip, I had just 2 cases of meeting a boy from an app, without visiting a bar:

Boy #1 was still in a restaurant at the time we agreed to meet.  When he did arrive, he sat on his motorcycle looking sullen & didn't get off it.  I figured his enthusiasm wasn't going to increase in my hotel, so sent him away.  

Boy #2 Looked different to his photo, but not by quite enough for me to think sending him away was fair.

The reality it's possible to pick good dates via apps or bars.   Some prefer the apps, some prefer the bars.  

I prefer the bars, but of course the apps are an excellent option for all the places in the world where there are no boy bars.

I'm with you,z909. I also want to see the guy 'in the flesh."

Having said that, the one and only time I've used an app - it was in Prague in 2015 - I had spectacular success. The guy was exactly as he had described himself - fit, hung like a donkey, hard as an iron rod and great in bed.

Although I haven't used an app since, I would definitely give it a go if I needed a guy in a hurry or after hours.

But until then, I'll pick my guys from the bars.

As I mentioned in another post there is no right answer. Some have a preference  for Bars or Apps or both.  The apps for those who want overnights are probably not the best option. But for those who don't limit our needs for Sex to night time then Bars etc are useless. I wake up in the morning and want someone , there are no Bars etc . 3am in the morning same , 5pm same . So if you limit your sex to normal sleeping hours then Bars are a good choice.

The vast majority of posters here who say apps are of no use to them have never used them.  The boys have figured out where the customers are which is why the overwhelming  % of available boys in Pattaya are on the Apps even if they also work in the Bars or even Massage Parlors.

Sometimes it also makes a difference the length of your trip. A 7-10 day trip maybe you can go to multiple Bars every night. When you visit 30-60 days unless you are an alcoholic , going to Bars every night, not only is expensive but not good for your liver if you drink.

Hell when i lived in BKK, I was on Soi Twilight at least 5 nights a week for the first year , and then I discovered Planet Romeo and not only found boys who were not in the sex trade but at least as good looking and many times better looking. The same boys I used to drool over walking in Siam Paragon.  Those boys are not available in the Bars.

So if you have not tried the apps, don't criticize them and if you have used it once or twice and were not satisfied that is no different in going to Jupiter and getting nothing for your money.

Yes there is no right answer, and I feel apps and bars, while solving the same problem, which is getting a hot boy to sleep with you, solves them in different ways. I use the apps everywhere, here at home to find free sex, on work travel where I don't know anyone, or to meet locals in Bangkok for (mostly) free sex. I go to bars because it is fun, I see other boys in the flesh as well as getting to choose one for my own that night, and there may be alcohol involved.

With apps, the results are more mixed for me, as with everyone probably. I like the "instant shopping" aspect of it. There are problems like sent photos not matching what comes to your door, the sexual chemistry and compatibility being fairly hard to gauge in lines of text, and the element of being flaked on (or having to wait 2+ hours for your trick to come) when committing with a tryst without looking someone in the eye. But it is my main way of meeting horny locals who want to have sex, wherever I go, for better or for worse. 

With the bars, I know I have to pay for the boy. I see the boy before making my pick. I can inspect the boy for compatibility, and for the princely sum of 200-400 baht, I can spend time with the boy before committing to more. You can probably gauge right there at the bar if the shoe fits, if you do your due diligence, and you will not be flaked on because you are physically bringing the boy to your room. This also applies to a free bar or club pick up here at home. I like the social aspect of it, and the whole experience, to me, is more satisfying.

It is very much like going on Amazon.com to make a purchase versus going to a mall to make the same purchase. I have bought $20 oxford shoes on amazon many times, which is cheap, and with Amazon Prime I could get it in 2 days or less. But without seeing it "in the flesh" I may not like it as much as I did when I looked at it my computer monitor when I ordered it, and the fit is not as comfortable when putting it on or using it, and it takes an effort to repack it and return it to UPS if I don't like it. Contrast that with getting shoes at a mall. It is more expensive (usually $50 or more), but you see it for yourself, get to try it on with someone (mamasan) helping you make a choice, and you can take it home right there if it suits your needs. Yes, it is more expensive, and maybe you also get a bite to eat at the $20 a plate restaurant that happens to be next to the store. Is one method better than the other? It depends on what you want.

I find that mixing the two methods doubles my chances to get what I want at the moment. One may work better than the other, depending on my circumstances that moment. Cold winter night? I don't want to walk all the way to the bar to get what I want. I whip out Grindr and get him to come to me. Out drinking with fellas? I'm not going to look at my phone constantly to get a hookup. I'll put the phone in my pocket and chat up the guys in the bar. Aching to see a fuck show? I'll drop by Screwboys and maybe I can get a boy while watching the show. Is it 2 PM and I am lonely in Crowne Plaza Silom? I inspect the cute Thais on the apps and pick one that was willing to fill my afternoon.

Its an embarrassment of riches out there guys. Go get it any way you can.

I mainly agree with you except the comment about the princely sum of 2-400 baht.  Don't know where you are going but in BKK  your drink and 1 for the boy is a quick 800- 1000. And if you decide not to take the boy then another 800- 1000 at the next bar and on and on until you find the perfect match and then another 500 for the off fee. Oh and let's not forget the tip for the boy will be 500-1000 higher then the app. All adds up to a tidy sum.  Truth is less and less value compared to many other places in the world unless you only do overnights like Vinapu and then the value continues to be very good.

Now if you only go to Pattaya then those prices are probably 1/2 as much but still if you don't hit Gold with the first boy you invite the money still adds up pretty fast . Of course some are comfortable not buying boy a drink ( I am not)

And again major difference between a 7-14 day visitor and a 60- 90 day visitor.

I can inspect the boy for compatibility, and for the princely sum of 200-400 baht, I can spend time with the boy before committing to more.

Well I did say when I can spend time with the boy, so I meant the price of his own drink, which would be in the 200-400 baht range. I did not take into account the cost of my own drink, which yes would be the same, or at least 350 baht.

Of course you have to pay for your own drink when you enter a gogo bar, which is really a cover charge. You can't really compare staying in your hotel online shopping for boys, and heading to bars and seeing boys in the flesh, and seeing a show that lasts 30 minutes to an hour. That is why I don't have a problem paying that 400 baht cover charge, because I am not only paying for the drink, but also the chance to see boys in the flesh, and a show. Yes the cost adds up, and yes its probably not a value proposition for some to pay 400 for cover charge, 400 for the boy's drink, 400 for off fee, and then 2000 for the boy, for a total of 3200 baht, at least. But for some who crave the whole social experience: going to a bar, seeing boys in the flesh, interacting with boys and the mamasan, making decisions between beers, and walking home with butterflies in your tummy hoping that everything works out, there really nothing else like Thailand. Hiring prostitutes isn't really an economic thing to do to begin with. 

I am reminded that some punters out there do bristle at the thought of 400 baht drinks. I hear them saying But at 7-11 a beer is only 60 baht! Well last time I checked there are no boys prancing in their underwear in 7-11's, at least not the ones I know of. Yes sometimes I think it is expensive as well, especially if there is no show, or the show is no good, but it is the cost of doing business. I have no idea how some struggling bars stay afloat.

Yes, I am only a 7-14 day visitor. If I lived there, my mode would probably be towards getting free boys. Then again I would probably just have a BF. Maybe something I will do when I am retired. But like everything else in the world, going to bars is only best when done in moderation, because for me at least, going everyday to bars for 2-3 months is not only prohibitively expensive, but probably will get super boring fast, watching the same show over and over again. What's true in investing is true with choosing boys: diversify your portfolio. 

And just an aside, whenever I pay a $10-$20 cover to get into a West Hollywood or SF Castro gay club during Friday or Saturday nights, I remember the 400 baht I pay to get into Screwboys. I get a drink, a fuck show and get to perv on boys in tiny underwear. My cover in California won't even get me a drink, and there is no sexy boy show.

But you've really got your work cut out to convert me :) I've never bought anything online except travel.

I thought like you until about ten years ago.

Then I started making 100% of my travel reservations online.

Shortly thereafter, most of my electronics were purchased online

Then practically all of my small appliances came through online purchases.

Some years ago, after starting with Amazon Prime, my vitamins, supplements and other stuff come by mail.

Five times I bought shoes online, and only once I returned a pair (at no cost).

So I am sold to purchases online.

Now as I read, a new exciting perspective opens up:  sex online !! (of course, only in Thailand to begin with)

I could apply my criterion of the 10% or so:  if one out of ten online purchases is a loss, I am still ahead considering the lower price and convenience.

When it comes to boys, I may be satisfied if only one out of three encounters through apps is a disappointment. 

I look forwards to do some experimenting in my forthcoming trip to BKK  :)

But for some who crave the whole social experience: going to a bar, seeing boys in the flesh, interacting with boys and the mamasan, making decisions between beers, and walking home with butterflies in your tummy.......... Hiring prostitutes isn't really an economic thing to do to begin with. 

I'm firmly in the bar camp for reason underlined and so eloquently explained by you above. Even better is to have a massage with prospective boy as it gives even more intimate time with him.

But I fully understand firecat's reasoning that apps are cheaper and 7/24 proposition as well that boy picked up in the flesh may be as much disappointing as stranger showing at the door.

I don't even see above exchange as dispute as everybody speaking is right , there are different options for different people and situations -while it's easy to get a boy in Pattaya may not be so in Kanchanaburi and then apps would be a blessing. 

I personally don't use apps at all as I try to limit use of technology on vacations , she helps but is very possesive and takes more and more of vacation time. I used to come with boy to the room and open beer, now I fire my tablet before I open refrigerator, it's sick.