hurstwickham

Jupiter becomes two.

After fifteen years I understand from April Jupiter will move to the 4Fun location in Soi 4. This is due the landlord of Jupiter's current location wanting to take back the premises and run the bar himself. Boy's are being asked if they want to stay with the current owner and move to Soi 4 or stay at the same location with the new operator.

This is the information I have. Please share any insights you may have on the possible change coming.

I guess we need to wait and see what happens. Tough decision for the boys as often  moving location results in loss of business.

I wonder if zoning, if any exists,  will permit go-go in soi 4 ?

At least for me it will be some reason to go to that soi I'm not big fan of so far.

Guest abang1961

If Soi 4 means the same lane as Telephone, then moving to Soi 4 may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for many.

Imagine there is virtually no direct competition from other bars (and bar boys).

Patrons have their drinks at Telephone and move over from there.  There is no need to walk across the Silom night market and run across that frightening Bangkok madness/traffic...

Guest Promsak

After fifteen years I understand from April Jupiter will move to the 4Fun location in Soi 4. This is due the landlord of Jupiter's current location wanting to take back the premises and run the bar himself. Boy's are being asked if they want to stay with the current owner and move to Soi 4 or stay at the same location with the new operator.

This is the information I have. Please share any insights you may have on the possible change coming.

Sitting outside BALCONY PUB in soi 4 now, I'm watching a Jupiter sign being erected outsde ForFun

right next to Balcony.

No more information yet except a rumour that they've also taken another small property in the soi.

Guest DThump

There use to be a tiny gogo bar across from DJ station. I visited it once but left it to go to DJ station hoping to meet someone there.

You are going back more than a few years the bar was "Hotmale" and you had to walk up a metal sraircase to the second floor, was a guy name Plah that I offed many times.

Guest Promsak

There use to be a tiny gogo bar across from DJ station. I visited it once but left it to go to DJ station hoping to meet someone there.

erm--- and?

Guest Promsak

Well it's official!

ForFun in Silom soi 4 next to Balcony is covered in a tarpauline announcing Jupiter 2018 New Arena.

Apparently it will be an agogo in the main downstairs bar.

The small shophouse opposite, previously a T-shirt shop, right next to Balcony's Tiger Terrace will be a restaurant area.

Guest Promsak

Sitting outside BALCONY PUB in soi 4 now, I'm watching a Jupiter sign being erected outsde ForFun

right next to Balcony.

No more information yet except a rumour that they've also taken another small property in the soi.

The sign erectors.

post-7327-0-75604200-1488705648_thumb.jpg

post-7327-0-02815400-1488705665_thumb.jpg

Even without knowing exactly what the owner has in mind for the place, this should add an edge--a bit of sleaze, hopefully--to the soi.

And I don't necessarily think it will diminish interest in Twilight--well, interest that hasn't already faded. Despite the frequent complaints we hear (many justified), I'm among those who continue to like the vibe. I'm not a big show guy and don't spend more than an hour or so there at a time, but it has become a frequent stop.  It's a comfort level thing acquired over many years. I find Dick's Cafe a great perch to people watch and good, low-tech base to occasionally snatch passing eye candy (no app or off fee required).

This new Jupiter incarnation gives us more opportunities inside Silom-Surawong, and all are within walking distance. We've got massage shops, go-go's, bars, restaurants and those fine little hands-on places clustered in the soi by Mango Tree off Soi Tarntawan.

So concentrated are the opportunities that it makes the apps an aid to navigation but not necessary to accomplishing the mission. I view apps like I do a new car catalog: good for tweaking interest in available models but I prefer to then go to the showroom to see them in person to savor the new car smell. I'm sure Christian--and you other guys who like to run a hand over the fender--will understand

(Thanks, Promsak, for posting the pics. They take the bite out of the frigid winter back here in farangland)

but I prefer to then go to the showroom to see them in person to savor the new car smell. I'm sure Christian--and you other guys who like to run a hand over the fender--will understand

Sure , you are not alone with that way of thinking, count me in.

by the way , I don't think splitting up Jupiter will change anything at soi twilight  , first apparently it will be still bar at old location, second , since Jupiter is not in soi Twilight it was always separate destination 

Sure , you are not alone with that way of thinking, count me in.

by the way , I don't think splitting up Jupiter will change anything at soi twilight  , first apparently it will be still bar at old location, second , since Jupiter is not in soi Twilight it was always separate destination 

You're right. I should have been more clear about the way I worded that. What I was trying to get across is that should Soi 4 gain in popularity from the arrival of this new Jupiter enterprise, I don't think it will accelerate the decline of Soi Twilight--or that soi on the opposite side of Surawong where the original Jupiter is located for that  matter.

Until I can again return to the LOS and kick some tires, I'm hoping that it will be a win-win-win all around because competition is good for the market as well as the libido.

Guest ronnie4you

The Balcony...is that the bar on the right at the end of Soi 4? I think that location was where i first experienced Thai go-go in 1987. It was fun. Fee for boy was 400 baht, and the dollar was at 22. So, less than $20 for a short time. Some boys took 300 baht.

Frankly, I m glad that they are now paid more.

At Jupiter last night there was a big poster announcing the opening date "1st April" of New Jupiter at Soi 4.

The door man told me that the new premises soi 4 is only short distance from here and they are opening in 15 days and said

"Yes we are all moving including boys."

I guess they are eager to spread the news.

The funny thing I noticed was that the neon sign Jupiter 2002 was half deleted and only showing " ter2002" without "Jupi"

I assume the new Jupiter will be called Jupiter 2018 but what happens to the name of current Jupiter 2002?

Xiluzer, thanks for the info.

You have a good taste. #44's pole dancing movement is quite good although not as sexy as #74 of course. Haha

It seems that many Jupiter boys are undecided about the move.

The current Jupiter management seems actively recruiting new boys and waiving penalty for returning old boys.

It would be interesting to witness the opening night in Soi 4 on 1st April.

The current Jupiter management seems actively recruiting new boys

certainly, judging by the poster pictured in xiluzer's post. It reads:

STAFF WANTED:

- dancers

- waiters

- bartenders

- DJs

If interested contact Jupiter or see below info.