williewillie

Odd night in Pattaya's Boyztown

Last night was out of the ordinary in Boyztown. The usual 9 pm boyzboyzboyz line was more than

twice as long as usual. Very few boys were shirtless and most wore their street clothes. I've never seen so many gogo boys in the lineup and never fully clothed.

As our group was planning to see the 10:30 sexy show, I wasn't sure what the fully clothed boys

portended.

We went to Toy Boys first, which was about the same as usual. Lots of hot shirtless boys in briefs,

inside and on the outdoor terrace.

New bar directly across the little soi, Prisma, full of host boys, 10 or so and one customer. Prisma host

boys aggressive in their efforts to steer customers inside and several quite attractive.

Boyzboyzboyz was busy, looked mostly full but few Chinese. Lately, the Chinese have been

overflowing and as much as 80-90% of the audience some nights.

The stage was mobbed with boys, almost all wearing long pants and shirts.

You could have brought your mom to the show, which was toned down severely. Extra layers of

underwear and one had to use their imagination.

One of the staff explained, police here. He said it would last about a week.

vinapu and 1moRussian would have been dismayed.

The hottest act was the B-Boys, shirtless, in shorts and an eyeful.

I've since been advised and read about junta crackdown emanating from an English writer.

This was mentioned over on gaybutton - always a great source of info, esp. about pattaya.  http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8306

to sum up - the Mirror published an article about Pattaya as sex capitol of the world, the Dear General found out about it and the junta has now ordered a cleanup of the prostitution scene.  If it lasts, this would no doubt be part of an attempted re-branding of Pattaya as a family-friendly resort destination - which Las Vegas did with some success many years ago. (I particularly like the bit about the Dear General telling the local press not to report on (or repeat) the Mirror article because, after all, it isn't true.  So don't report on the untrue problem that we need to clean up.  Alternative facts are everywhere....)

In the short-term, apparently people should expect an uptick in police action and bars being on their best behavior.  

I too was in BT the other night and was surprised to count no less than 69 in the 9 pm BBB parade.

However when we went in to see the gogo boys NONE were in underwear (except those 2 on the small podiums). Very unusual. Even the week before there was underwater on the stage.

In the meantime ALL the boys In ALL the other gogo bars were in underpants as usual.

Surely any police interest would cover all bars.... unless, of course, BBB has been attracting their attention...

Brits running bars in Pattaya should not be too surprised they they soon receive a visit from the BIB.

From Pattaya One

Nature is the real reason, not sex, says Pattaya police chief

Pattaya police chief has hit back at claims that Pattaya is only about sex by saying that tourists come to the resort for its natural wonders. But he seems determined to clear out the streetwalkers nonetheless.

Apichai Kroppetch was responding to a story in the UK’s Mirror newspaper that said Pattaya was the sex capital of the world and 1 in 5 of its female population were sex workers. And he has suggested the damage to the Pattaya image came from British businessmen who have set up in the sex trade at the resort.

But while accepting there was a certain sex business he said that his men would be stepping up efforts to curb the trade singling out prostitutes who openly sell themselves on Beach Road.

http://pattayaone.news/en/nature-not-sex/

Hope it will calm down soon - judging by last article they already has the "result" to report above...

Asked one of my 'sources' in BBB, but this one is stil strangling with English (although getting better) and perhaps one of those two boys danced at small stages - will see what he write back.

The stage was mobbed with boys, almost all wearing long pants and shirts...

vinapu and 1moRussian would have been dismayed.

So would I. When I enter a gogo bar, I first check if number of boy is sufficient (more than 10, or if less than 10 one clearly worth a second look) and how they are dressed. If I see boys in trousers, I tell staff I want to see underwear and leave. As it happened in 360 degree last time I poked my head in.

Very pleased to update the boyzboyzboyz 9:00 pm lineup/parade.

The shirts were off last night and dozens of bare male torsos were back.

The statues are still wearing 'sarongs' and one friend said that when the coverings

are removed, the sexy show will be back to its former glory.

Thrilled to see things are moving in the right direction.

An official from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, accompanied by a host of local authorities, toured some of the Pattaya hot spots over the weekend and seems to think the problem is well under control.

From Pattaya One

Some of Thailand’s leading tourism figures descended on Pattaya at the end of big week in the resort’s often troubled history, to focus on the future development. Leading the way on a tour of Beach Road and Walking Street was Pongphanu Sewatrun one of the leading lights at the Ministry for Tourism and Sports. Also in attendance was the Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and other national tourism industry officials.

Pongphanu painted a rosy picture of the resort’s future saying that many problems of the past had now been addressed. He claimed that the city was dealing with its crime problem successfully. Countering comments make in the UK media that Pattaya was a sex capital of the world and full of nothing but prostitutes he said: “Pattaya has had some problems but it is a great place and a very important place for the tourism industry. We want it to continue to develop into the future.

“There is nothing to worry about,” he added. “Pattaya is a quality place that is of a world standard”.

http://pattayaone.news/en/upbeat-pattaya-future/

Beyond Hilarious. I love Pattaya for one reason only the availability of boys. Other then that "it is of a world standard"?????

I guess that is true if you don't define the level of World Standard or the actual level of quality. Terrible roads, transportation , polluted beaches unless you take boats to islands etc .

I and certainly most world travelers would not be caught dead visiting there except for one reason and we all know what that is both male and female prostitutes.

Will they be able to turn it into a World Class Tourist Destination? Better chance of me winning the next $400 million Lottery Jackpot.

Guest abang1961

“Pattaya is a quality place that is of a world standard”.

This quote is possibly the best joke of the month.  

Pattaya is indeed a class of its own - it ranks amongst the best and cheapest in the world of whore standards.

Except for visitors on package tours, almost all visitors go there for a purpose - to relax in the sun...

What a load of rubbish - Thailand is and will always be the epicentre, the strongest magnet for encounters with sex workers.

I guess that is true if you don't define the level of World Standard or the actual level of quality. Terrible roads, transportation , polluted beaches 

actually when we think about it, all underscored it's world standard suffered by most of humanity, do not mistake world standard with world class

“There is nothing to worry about,” he added. “Pattaya is a quality place that is of a world standard”.

Well, Pattaya could become a quality place of world standard.  They could take some example in Nevada, US.

Not for the gambling, which is an evil exploitation of those handicapped with this vice, but with prostitution.  Nevada has legal prostitution in some of its minor cities, and who knows how the larger ones like Reno and Las Vegas could flourish be if it were fully legal there too.

Pattaya has the most important assets: a reputation, plenty of sex workers and clients. What it needs is more infrastructure, better transport connections with BKK, intelligent regulations geared towards good sex trade with minimum criminality. Foreign sex tourism should be welcomed.  Good schools and institutes of higher education, classical dance schools, gyms, that would attract the youngest and most beautiful to the area and provide them with convenient sources of income in the sex industry.  Real estate developments that offer decent living conditions to people who like to be the closest to the action, and quality hotels who offer original experiences to tourists of both inclinations and genders, maybe with a variety of sensible all-inclusive packages.

HAHAHA... It does not cost anything to dream :)   Maybe one day in a more progressive world...

Guest abang1961

Well the bar boys may be the only ones wearing jeans when I arrive in Pattaya in less than 10 days' time.

If you guys happen to see someone wearing short shorts, come over and give me a hug.

Seobean-brand-sexy-male-pajamas-mens-sle