Gay Asia

Gay Bali, Gay Cambodia, Gay China, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau, Gay Laos, Gay Malaysia, Gay Myanmar, Gay Singapore, Gay Vietnam, Gay Philippines

This is the place to post information on places in Asia but outside of Thailand. There are many great destinations in Asia outside of Thailand. Share infomation and get advice on these places here.

Not my rules, the forum rules.

Nothing wrong with FH's report; you are the one that posted it herein, not him. FH left this forum sometime ago after a disagreement with management.

However I will include a post in the Comments and Suggestions Forum.

Which according to you is where you should have posted it in the first place. The bottom line is you are the only one who cares and even you are not consistent as there are multiple threads in this forum that could have been posted in other forums , none of which you commented on. The post on Taipei has been enjoyed by many and where it is posted does not matter unless it matters to Scooby which evidently it does not!

Guest abang1961

OK peeps..why should we be squabbling over this trivial matter?

Grow up and stop throwing mud and wasting time fighting over something that is so minor.

If the moderators want to move this to another forum, he should and will do it,

We are mere users and we should concentrate on the well-being of those who visitedvisiting Thailand and all other Asian countries as a whole.   We should ignore our differences ..the world will become a better place.

If the moderators want to move this to another forum, he should and will do it,

We are mere users and we should concentrate on the well-being of those who visitedvisiting Thailand and all other Asian countries as a whole.   We should ignore our differences ..the world will become a better place.

What moderators? Always has been a mystery who are the moderators and owners of this forum.

The bottom line is you are the only one who cares and even you are not consistent as there are multiple threads in this forum that could have been posted in other forums , none of which you commented on. The post on Taipei has been enjoyed by many and where it is posted does not matter unless it matters to Scooby which evidently it does not!

Firecat, the bottom line is you post where you want to draw attention to yourself regardless of the rules of this forum. In your opinion anything posted by you deserves to be up front no matter the content. As for Scooby, rarely have we heard from him as if he ever cared or even read these posts. Unless maybe you are Scooby?

However you are right, I did not object to Michael's post about Best Coffee Pod System in Thailand which should have been posted in the Beer Bar. Shame, shame Michael, Scooby will be upset with that post.

I will post my suggestions and see if any action will be taken.

You are making a fool of yourself. I posted what a former esteemed member posted on another site .

How does that draw attention to me? Rather it draws attention to FH and Taipei.

Under that rule your constant ridiculous posts about which Forum something should be posted in are being done to draw attention to yourself .

You constantly post about how you think the Board should be run. Rarely do you contribute anything as an OP.

This is really pathetic, not least the repetitive to and fro and insistence on having the last word. Same people involved too.  Seriously guys.

It is not uncommon among normal decent people that discussions become confrontational and some bad feelings come to light. This would not be so bad and could easily get buried in the flow of comments if it were not for some who enticed by the slightest conflict come out posting as sanctimonious pacifists to make a big calls of "pathetic". With this they unfortunately add their own bad feelings to it.

OK peeps..why should we be squabbling over this trivial matter?

Grow up and stop throwing mud and wasting time fighting over something that is so minor.

What is trivial for some, is not so for those who find themselves in a discussion.  It takes some growing up to realize this.  

I found Taipei almost uninspiring as Kuala Lumpur and despite a good reputation Food was pretty disappointing too. Although I must admit that Din Tai Fung's Xiao Long Bao was rather tasty.

I also think Taiwanese boys are not so attractive and I much prefer Thai boys.

Perhaps I love Bangkok too much.

So did i till i visited Taiwan. I was fortunate on my first trip there to meet a very attractive guy who took me to places all over the city and outside for food and sightseeing. We shared all costs and he kept meeting me on subsequent trips until he left to study in Europe. It certainly made a difference to my experience in Taiwan by hanging out with a local compared to being alone.

The apps are the best way to make contact for new friends and dates. It can be a bit difficult to start a chat with guys at bars or nightclubs as they tend to go out in groups and stick together most of the time.

If you love Thailand and it's attractions you may find Taiwan boring but the best thing i ever did was to break free from just visiting Thailand and travel throughout Asia.

I also think Taiwanese boys are not so attractive and I much prefer Thai boys.

I also find Bangkok a most lovable destination since it is a Mecca for sex tourism second to none (my apologies to religious believers for my ideas of what is sacred).

Still I appreciate Taiwanese boys since they are Asian, and my libido is uniquely tuned to Asians.

Ten years ago I visited Taipei in a last leg of a trip that included Manila, and coming from there the city of Taipei shined, although my experience with Philippine boys was as good as with the Taiwanese. I stayed in the area of Taipei where the gay scene is and visited all their gay saunas and other places. Not a bad experience compared to what I have at home.

Now that I am a little more savvy in gay life I want to visit again, if possible during their famous Parade in October, my fantasy stimulated by the new sauna Aniki Wow and other improvements, and I'm confident I can find what I like :)

One small negative: I recently booked a flight to BKK on EVA with one stop in Taipei.  If instead of BKK I fly only to Taipei, the cost of airfare is... like 40% more expensive (!!!!)  Prices of air travel are crazy.

One small negative: I recently booked a flight to BKK on EVA with one stop in Taipei.  If instead of BKK I fly only to Taipei, the cost of airfare is... like 40% more expensive (!!!!)  Prices of air travel are crazy.

Also found flying in and out BKK (on most major, international carriers) is nearly always cheaper and then relying on a low-cost regional carriers to visit other east Asia destinations.  Fare structure certainly encourages travelers to use BKK as a base.

So from your experience, which of the gay dating apps work best in Taiwan?

Not one app.I have had great success with Grindr, Hornet and JackD so they are all on at the same time on my phone. I have met some guys from Planet Romeo and lesser so Manhunt. Blued works better for me in mainland China but not in Taiwan. I still check Blued occasionally.

Usually the guys message me although some are shy and wait for a message. If they speak zero English then they usually say it is too difficult to meet. When they are working or at University it can be very quiet on the apps. Holidays and weekends are best but i have met guys during the week too. It pays to move around the city and see who is online in different areas.

Taiwanese are mostly reliable and use real photos or will send photos and will arrive on time as best as they can. All the guys i met could speak some English language. I send a photo of my hotel's contact card in Chinese and a map. Make it easy for them and stay near the MRT train system.

Nothing wrong with FH's report; you are the one that posted it herein, not him. FH left this forum sometime ago after a disagreement with management.

However I will include a post in the Comments and Suggestions Forum.

No, he left the forum when he had a disagreement with me.  Scooby was the owner then, not me. It was not a management dispute.  Go back and read the thread in question as it was only a disagreement. 

You are right Michael, the disagreement was with you,not Scooby.

kind of like the Holy Trinity, Michael, Firecat and Scooby, not quite sure who is who?

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold") holds that God is three consubstantial persons or hypostases—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit—as "one God in three Divine Person

You are right Michael, the disagreement was with you,not Scooby.

kind of like the Holy Trinity, Michael, Firecat and Scooby, not quite sure who is who?

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold") holds that God is three consubstantial persons or hypostases—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit—as "one God in three Divine Person

It is OK. I absolve you of your sins.  Now do, 5 Hail Mary's and 7 BoyzBoyzBoyz.