sglad

Sawatdii pii mai!

Hey there!  I've been in Chiang Mai for the last 3 1/2 months on student exchange and like you guys have got Thai fever!  In my case literally after that first day of Songkran and I'm now back in Singapore for some rest and home-cooked food.   I really like the chilled and fun atmosphere of this forum and I wish I had joined when I first arrived and ignored the dire warnings from elsewhere.  I look forward to sharing some of my experiences and impressions of life in Chiang Mai but I probably won't post as regularly as some of you guys.  Anyway, a belated happy New Year to all in Thailand and a happy Easter to all who celebrate! :)

Thanks, Alexx!  Good Friday is a public holiday here in Singapore but Easter Sunday is not a national holiday which means we don't get Monday off.  That said, many people would have either taken Thursday or Monday off so that they can have an extra long weekend and go off somewhere.  Most of my friends have and that's why I'm sitting in front of the computer today.  Chiang Mai is loads of fun and the easy life of an exchange student can get pretty addictive but occasionally I get this weird feeling of...I don't how to describe it...of being in a fish bowl, like a nuclear war might be happening out there and I might not know and not even care about it...does that make sense?  This trip home has been good as I've been feeling a little homesick as silly as that sounds with Singapore being under 3 hours away.

A lot of other guys have heard that story before. What is so surprising is that he is using the same "name" and the gist of much of what he writes is the same. He sure is no student and it was proved he doesnt come from anywhere remotely near Singapore. The owner of SGT Surfcrest banned him on February 20 advising members

Sugargrandpa and sglad have been banned as they are one and the same poster...or a hydra.

Singaporean exchange student in Chiang Mai? I have heard that story before:

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18348-Hey-there!

(for those who don't read SGT: sglad was outed as troll and banned there)

Hi Christian

Thanks for your post.  For the avoidance of doubt, I'm the same sglad who posted on Sawatdee Network (SN) earlier this year.  You're partially right in your comments.  Yes, I was banned, after I had stopped posting on that forum.  I stopped posting for two reasons.  Firstly, participation on that forum, as with this one, was never meant to be a regular, consistent affair.  I post for the fun of it and usually when I have nothing else to do.  For example, I was relatively free yesterday and I made six or seven posts here.  Secondly, I got tired of posting on SN as I was consistently being stalked by a poster who seemed to follow my every post and hang on to my every word while goading me, taunting me and provoking me on the forum which is there for all to see.  I ignored him as I figured he would eventually go away and leave me alone but instead he launched a campaign to get rid of me with the forum moderators as well as with other members for "trolling" which brings me to my second point.

You said I was "outed as troll (sic)."  This is incorrect.  As I understand it an Internet troll is someone who seeks to sow discord or disrupt normal discussions to the extent of endangering the online community itself for the sake of the troll's own amusement.  Goes without saying that the use of the term troll is subjective depending on how sensitive one is.  A particularly sensitive person might consider a post as trolling (perhaps because it hits them directly on the nose).  Another person might see the same post as legitimate if albeit controversial.  Obviously, the use of the term troll is easily abused and can be used as an ad hominem attack simply because you don't like what a poster has to say or, as I said earlier, because it hits you directly on the nose.  Christian, since you repeated the use of that term on me here, I wonder if you could do me a favour.  I think I made about ninety posts on SN; could you point out one post that I made that can be described as disruptive or attempting to sow discord so much so that it was endangering normal discussions on that forum and by 'normal' I mean what can be described as normal for SN?

It's been almost two months since I was banned on SN and longer than that since I stopped posting and my stalker was still talking and obsessing over me as recently as yesterday.  It wasn't enough that he waged a smear campaign against me, called me a liar and other names, made accusations against me that were not true and kept harassing the moderators to get rid of me - even after I was gone he had to keep me 'alive' in some kind of daily masturbation ritual.  I have things to attend to this week but at some point I hope to address his accusations.  It's just that the very idea that I have to address accusations made over an anonymous online forum is just so silly - it's just a forum FFS!  What was meant to be a breezy, fun endeavour has turned into a cyber inquisition because I had a stalker with too much time on his hands and, like a woman scorned, simply couldn't let go.

Secondly, I got tired of posting on SN as I was consistently being stalked by a poster who seemed to follow my every post and hang on to my every word while goading me, taunting me and provoking me on the forum which is there for all to see.  I ignored him as I figured he would eventually go away and leave me alone but instead he launched a campaign to get rid of me with the forum moderators as well as with other members for "trolling" which brings me to my second point.

I just wanted to add that I did receive a couple of PMs from a couple of well-meaning SN members advising me to file a complaint against my stalker for stalking and harassing me.  Apparently my stalker has a history of witch-hunting (and calling them trolls) posters whom he disliked for some personal reason or other and wouldn't let go until he has successfully driven away said posters from the forum.  I didn't take their advice as I felt it was all too over-the-top for what was after-all a virtual forum comprising of people I didn't know and unlikely to meet in real life.

Sglad, you have told us you were banned but you haven't told us why. As I recall, you were banned for using two handles - sglad and sugardaddy. It was not because you were considered a " troll." Trolling over there is ok.

If SN is going to stand by its recent re-affirmation that they do not believe in banning members, then you should be able to return there. (Whether you want to or not is a different matter.) You should have the support of a small number of members who also believe that banning is unacceptable, although I don't recall them jumping up and down when you were thrown off the board.

I have no idea if you are a 24 year old student from Singapore studying in Chiang Mai - I have my doubts - but lying on SN is acceptable. I doubt you'll get away with it here for too long.

It's always best to just stick to the truth. Sooner or later you'll get outed if you don't.

You said I was "outed as troll (sic)." This is incorrect. As I understand it an Internet troll is someone who seeks to sow discord or disrupt normal discussions to the extent of endangering the online community itself for the sake of the troll's own amusement. Goes without saying that the use of the term troll is subjective depending on how sensitive one is. A particularly sensitive person might consider a post as trolling (perhaps because it hits them directly on the nose). Another person might see the same post as legitimate if albeit controversial. Obviously, the use of the term troll is easily abused and can be used as an ad hominem attack simply because you don't like what a poster has to say or, as I said earlier, because it hits you directly on the nose. Christian, since you repeated the use of that term on me here, I wonder if you could do me a favour. I think I made about ninety posts on SN; could you point out one post that I made that can be described as disruptive or attempting to sow discord so much so that it was endangering normal discussions on that forum and by 'normal' I mean what can be described as normal for SN?

I used the word troll incorrectly. None of your posts were "disruptive or attempting to sow discord", but most of what you write is difficult to believe. However, I'm a scientist, I don't believe, I know or I don't know, verify or falsify facts. But I can't verify everything, especially if logic is working against me. If I meet you in Chiang Mai that proofs that you are there, but if I don't meet you in Chiang Mai that does not proof that you are not there. It's very easy to proof that someone is who he claims, just meet an established forum member. It's difficult, close to impossible, to proof that someone is not who he claims.

Welcome to gaythailand, try your luck here! Share your experiences, ask your questions, let's see what others think. I'm certainly willing to give you another chance.

If a poster is banned from one forum I do not believe that is reason to ban him from another, unless he breaks rules. Its probably some sort of badge of honour to be banned from a board like Sawatdee! :good:  As one of its regular posters recently wrote, theres a nest of vipers over there.

But its always interesting to know why someone might be banned. In the case of sglad this is not so easy to find out because he is no longer a member. But his supposed alter ego Sugargrandpa is. A quick check on his posts leads to one thread which leads to another. From these its pretty sure sglad has spouted a bunch of at best untruths in post #6 of this thread.

The poster he says was stalking him goes by the name of Fountainhall. I know he has posted quite a bit for many years. If anyone knows him personally they can verify the facts at first hand if they want. He does appear to have long experience of Asia and knowledge of the region.

What Im not sure is why he and sglad got into a pissing contest. There are some posts from Fountainhall welcoming him. But one thing becomes clear. Sglad soon blasted his comments about Chinese attitudes and customs with very rude, snide references to his being just a colonial type who knew little about the Chinese. There is more but thats irrelevant here.

Then Fountainhall wrote he was surprised a young gay Singaporean would be interested in a Thai chat room inhabited by posters way older than him. The more so when there is a Singapore based gay chat room with many more much younger members as well as threads including extensive information about Thailand. He then said he felt sglad was just blowing wind.

Sglad failed to respond. Busy with his studies? Fountainhall repeated the post. No response. Eventually sglad’s hydra Sugargrandpa made one of his rare posts.

Fountainhall, could you tell us more about these Singapore-based forums with "extensive information about Thailand and all parts of Asia"? A few links would be helpful. They might be useful to us too if not directly relevant. More information is always good, especially from the perspective of Asians which I find seriously lacking. Asians speaking for themselves.

So Sugargrandpa for one cannot be Asian and cannot be Singaporean. Therefore sglad cannot be Singaporean Chinese. The trick Fountainhall played and later revealed was that “Blowing Wind” is the name of that Singapore chat forum. Every young gay university student there at least knows about it even if not a member. That much is easily checked.

So sglad, welcome to this more friendly and gentlemanly forum. But as a447a has said above, best to forget the lies about being a 24 yr old Singapore exchange student and about being stalked. Anyone can go to Sawadee to check. If you want to be believed, just start over with a new identity.

Then Fountainhall wrote he was surprised a young gay Singaporean would be interested in a Thai chat room inhabited by posters way older than him. The more so when there is a Singapore based gay chat room with many more much younger members as well as threads including extensive information about Thailand. He then said he felt sglad was just blowing wind.

Sglad failed to respond. Busy with his studies? Fountainhall repeated the post. No response. Eventually sglad’s hydra Sugargrandpa made one of his rare posts.

So Sugargrandpa for one cannot be Asian and cannot be Singaporean. Therefore sglad cannot be Singaporean Chinese. The trick Fountainhall played and later revealed was that “Blowing Wind” is the name of that Singapore chat forum. Every young gay university student there at least knows about it even if not a member. That much is easily checked.

So sglad, welcome to this more friendly and gentlemanly forum. But as a447a has said above, best to forget the lies about being a 24 yr old Singapore exchange student and about being stalked. Anyone can go to Sawadee to check. If you want to be believed, just start over with a new identity.

Welcome to the board to you too, Stalker.

Are you still on about this so-called trap that you laid for me which I allegedly fell into because I couldn't/wouldn't cite a Singapore gay forum? You don't think I could have used google and do a simple search of "Singapore gay forum" and therefore needed your help through my so-called alter ego?  Try googling "Singapore gay forum" and see what comes up.  Do you seriously believe that other people can't make use of the online resources easily available to them and need to resort to you?  The best part of it is that you got it wrong. Blowing Wind has been around a long time  but I think Trevvy is more popular among younger Singaporeans and you didn't mention Trevvy at all.  And the former name of Trevvy is sgboy which is the inspiration for my online handle.

The notion that I should visit a Singapore chatroom because I'm Singaporean is just bizarre!  If that were the case, then the witty Nirish should be confined to Irish chatrooms and the lovely vinapu to vinapuland and we would have all been the poorer for it!  And you're wrong to say that there is extensive information on Thailand in the Singapore gay chatrooms.  There are bits of information here and there for the average three-night, sauna-shopping-Silom weekender but nothing much about long-term stay, Thai society, culture and politics and certainly not in comparison to SN, Gaythailand and Gaybuttonthai.  As a student of Thai language and culture who is likely to have a long-term involvement with Thailand AND as a lover of Thai guys, the latter "niche" forums would be far more relevant to me.  And I don't know why you keep carping about age.  I don't know how old the average poster is on these forums and I don't care how old they are.  Why are you so ageist?  What I do see is a group of people who are mostly having fun, who love Thailand and who also occasionally bitch about Thailand (which is also a sign of love when you think about it 555).  The opposite of love is indifference, not hate, and indifference is something you have difficulty grasping because you still don't get it that I have been ignoring you both on SN and via PM because you don't matter to me.  I find it ironic that you, who love to brag about young Asian hunks throwing themselves at you "for no money" have such difficulty accepting that a young Asian might be interested in these forums.  So which part have you been lying about?

And please stop using this thread to bash SN.  I know you and your buddy above are bitter about not being able to strong arm the moderators there to do your bidding and have left in a huff but please do not unload your venom here.  Please do not turn this into an "us and them" feud when it is really about you and your need for control.  All three forums can exist peacefully and in a collegial fashion - occasional ribbing and rivalry is fun and to be expected but let's not turn these boards into turf wars for your personal ego.

Whoa! With sglad getting worked up I have no intention of writing more except to note theres a Sugargrandpa member here. Is that odd?

Everything I wrote is based exclusively on written posts I found on Sawadee. Theyre quire easy to find. I will post them if members want or anyone can pm me for the links and judge for themselvse. If what was written was wrong in any way it is only right that sglad responds. But Im sure this forum does not like pissing contests particularly when they relate to another forum. Much better he takes these issues up with the Sawadee owner.

I don't really know what this is all about, but one thing I am certain of is that sglad is someone whose first language is English in which he or she has been educated to a high degree. Even well-educated English-speakers don't know what the subjunctive is let alone when to use it - nor do they put hyphens between their compound adjectives. The perfection of his composition betrays him. But as I said, I don't know what the significance of that might be. Perhaps he could share his CV with us.

Bottom line is who cares about SGT. I don't and I don't care what happened there . If he breaks the rules here I am sure he will be shown the door. If he proves himself to be a Troll he will quickly run out of members who reply to him (I Hope).

Very few get banned here but it has happened in the past and I am sure it will again if need be.

Let's see how he proceeds and not bring up anything that he did or did not do on another Board>

Whoa! With sglad getting worked up I have no intention of writing more except to note theres a Sugargrandpa member here. Is that odd?

Everything I wrote is based exclusively on written posts I found on Sawadee. Theyre quire easy to find. I will post them if members want or anyone can pm me for the links and judge for themselvse. If what was written was wrong in any way it is only right that sglad responds. But Im sure this forum does not like pissing contests particularly when they relate to another forum. Much better he takes these issues up with the Sawadee owner.

I didn't bring up SN and my posting history there when I started this thread.  Neither did the owner of SN.  You, a447a and ChristianPFC did and I responded accordingly.  My purpose for starting this thread was to introduce myself which I thought was the polite thing to do being a newbie.  My posts after that were in response to what you, a447 and ChristianPFC said.  I'm also not responsible as to who-signs-up-where and posts-on-what-forum but from what I've seen it's not unusual for people to register on all three gay-Thailand-related forums.

My apologies to forum members - on whose behalf my stalker has generously spoken  - if my posts are boring you.  I shall confine any references to my posting history on SN only to this thread if they are raised by others.

I don't really know what this is all about, but one thing I am certain of is that sglad is someone whose first language is English in which he or she has been educated to a high degree. Even well-educated English-speakers don't know what the subjunctive is let alone when to use it - nor do they put hyphens between their compound adjectives. The perfection of his composition betrays him. But as I said, I don't know what the significance of that might be. Perhaps he could share his CV with us.

If you don't know what the significance of something is, why bring it up unless it is to stir the pot?  And why should I show you my CV; is that a pre-requisite for participating in this forum?  Has anyone else?  And if I show it to you, would be I then be subjected to another inquisition as to its veracity?

The perfection of his composition betrays him.

Thank you.  I take pride in my writing.  But what exactly does it betray?

My purpose for starting this thread was to introduce myself which I thought was the polite thing to do being a newbie. 

From my humble experience best way of introducing oneself to the board is to place trip report or visit to one of the bars of massages report.

Turf wars are not necessary and not welcomed I guess and I personally don't see need of detecting and chasing trolls,  hydras etc away as long as their posts are civil and  sticking to the subject or initiating new interesting one.

So sglad keep posting  / and getting intimate with boys/  but spat between you and PeterRS may have very few followers here so can be securely moved to PM level if desired to continue.

From my humble experience best way of introducing oneself to the board is to place trip report or visit to one of the bars of massages report.

Turf wars are not necessary and not welcomed I guess and I personally don't see need of detecting and chasing trolls hydras etc away as long as their posts are civil and  sticking to the subject or initiating new interesting one.

So sglad keep posting  / and getting intimate with boys/  but spat between you and PeterRS may have very few followers here so can be securely moved to PM level if desired to continue.

Thanks, vinapu, I'll bear that in mind.  From my humble experience, a brief introduction of oneself is not out-of-place in any new social situation and the "spat" you refer to wasn't started by me and I had to respond to it before I had a chance to write about anything else.  I did visit a few bars in CM which I will write about shortly (I have a paper due at 5 tomorrow) and also managed a two-night trip to Pattaya last month largely based on the reviews I read here, SN and Gaybuttonthai.  But don't shoot me if my reports aren't as colourful or as sexy as yours or numazu's as I'm very matter-of-fact in the way I write!

Welcome to the site! What happens at SGT stays at SGT.  I could give a rat's ass what went on there.  I don't have the time or the desire to read threads on another site about feuds. All are welcome here to participate as long as they stay nice and friendly.  And, if they contribute some sexy photos or hot trip reports, amazing.  And, if they have a few good places to eat and share some insight others don't have, fabulous.