reader

Cops raid Oskar's bar

From Pattayaone

raid-2.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024

At 3:00am on August 27th, Pattaya police continued the bar raids in Pattaya, this time it was the turn of Oskar Karaoke Bar.

Police had earlier received reports from locals in the area who had been having problems with the bar playing loud music well into the early hours from some time now, causing loss of sleep as well as other issues.

Police made their way down to the bar, and were able to confirm the reports. Inside was a mix of Thai men and tomboys working, as well as a handful of young female customers.

http://pattayaone.news/en/pattaya-bar-raids-continue/

You're all saying "well done to the police if it was noise related etc" as if the police "actually" give a shit ! When as always it's more likely that the owner has stopped or reduced their tea money payment or the police are trying to increase their request or some one else has paid the police to go and sort of their annoyance, hell if the police really cared they'd be closing bars all over Pattaya on a nightly basis.

Difficult to disagree, but I did say if it's noise related.

Also, I believe the police do not require money from legal businesses like hotels (that's what the owners say). So there is probably some kind of non-compliance, even if tea money is a factor in raids.

Cant say much about police corruption in thai, i have yet had to deal with them, but we do have some corrupt police here in KL but that doesnt mean all police are corrupt. But in some area, businesses are controlled by mafia/gangsters that is directly sponsored or protected by these corrupt police. So at least in these area, no such raids will happen. And usually these corrupt police have corrupt politicians backing them. I am pretty sure that is how it works in any other country where corruption is rampant. From time to time, when it was exposed, some of these police do get caught, but usually those who get caught are black sheeps, who are low rank officers doing their high rank officers bidding.