Boy69

Zing Vs. Agate

Zing is value for money for their low season rates. Efficient cleaning team and a good pool. There's added security in the form of a barrier placed at the large entrance to the gym/ pool/ lift in the evening/night that access for guests is only through the lobby. I've often got upgraded to pool-view rooms .

Zing is value for money for their low season rates. Efficient cleaning team and a good pool. There's added security in the form of a barrier placed at the large entrance to the gym/ pool/ lift in the evening/night that access for guests is only through the lobby. I've often got upgraded to pool-view rooms .

I didn't decided yet because the rate of super delux room at Zing is the same of standard one at the Agate, Zing is really a very good value for money but negative experience from some of the forum members at Zing discourage me of making a booking. I will make a decision short before my trip.

I am staying at the Z by Zing in Jomtien at the moment for a week. I tried the Agate first but it was fully booked.

There are two hotels of the Zing group: one is the Zing Hotel in Pattaya, with pool, etc... and the Z by Zing in Jomtien.

I must say that I was happily surprised by the value for money in this Z by Zing.

For two big rooms, with shower en suite, Tv cable channels, broad-band wifi, safe, fridge, kettle and powerful air-con

we are paying THB 6,237 (some €160) in total; that is for the two rooms for 7 nights.

I must say that the place is a bit down the beach road, but at only 5 minutes walk to the beach.

The rooms are very clean and modern, basic but spacious.

I guess it is gay friendly if you bring someone for ST, but I haven't tested that yet.

Basic for one is comfortable enough for other,

I'd not call room with shower en suite, Tv cable channels, broad-band wifi, safe, fridge, kettle and powerful air-con very basic. 

Just a bed , shower and fan is very basic for me but  with other attributes listed,  what more one, whoring in Thailand really needs ?

Yes that’s certainly true Vinapu. Hotels in Thailand are great value particularly in Pattaya where competition forces prices down. I stayed at the Agate during part of my September trip and the cost I would estimate was about a third that of an equivalent hotel in the UK, which is expensive partly due to the VAT tax of 20%.

Mind you my expenditure on rooms was much less than that on boys. Taking into account visits to the bars, off fees, boys tips, condoms/lube and a few presents it would be something like an average of 4500 baht per day. This is probably twice what I spent when I first visited Pats 16 years ago, and even more in GBP bearing in mind the depreciation in the pound.

I would certainly stay at the Agate again but still spend sometime in one of the BT Hotels. It’s very gay friendly rather than 100% gay.

In addition to a bed (double) of course, working shower and aircon, good reliable broadband is important.

The Venue seems very nice boutique hotel but its prices are fifty percent more than the Agate and without inclusive breakfast ,not a great deal apparently.

When I stayed there recently the Venue was 1/2 the cost of Agate...having stayed at both places would chose Venue again easily, both places were good though