Guest jones

Screw Boys 14th November

The Viet you refer to...37 in Screwboys is actually not a bad guy IMHO (20 years old, lightly muscular build) but bit like PaulSF said about Viets in general can be a bit hard work at first.  I spent quite a bit of time with him and some of his pals (4 different Viet guys) over Xmas & NY and had a good time tbh...it helped I knew 2 of them from before though.

Its definitely the same guy as I recognized elements of your description...likes listening to Viet pop in the room...likes to borrow your phone as does not have one of his own currently, I would agree he's not Gay though...but more Bi / Str8.

Although we all read with interest the reviews posted here, the only ones that really count are the ones we actually have.

and we need to remember it works both ways, our recommendation may be confirmed by others but also prove to be complete disappointments for them for multitude of factors. It doesn't mean we or other side is wrong , it's just different experience.

But bad experience is bad experience , whether reason for spoilage  is within us or external , we tend to dwell on it. 

Similarly to Reader...I can only say the 4 guys I was 'playing' with were honest and fun also, although it might have helped a bit that they were 2 pairs of brothers.  They appreciated if I made an effort to give them a good evening...took one to DJ one evening...took another to the Khao San Rd another evening etc...in return they gave me a lot of fun & good times back.

After one nice LT session woke up to find 'B' cooking me Pho for breakfast in the condo i was renting that morning (made a run to Foodland the night before) as he knew I had to get a taxi at 11.00 and wanted me to eat something first.

Their Tip expectations are acceptable IMHO for BKK and inline with the middle end of Soi Twilight level / areas tips.  Because I was essential seeing 2 x 2 sets of Viet brothers I just found it was important to treat them equally to avoid any jealousy...I told them this and they fully understood.

There was a bit of gentle rivalry between the 2 sets of brothers but nothing more than that.

You can do as you wish, as the other posters have said...everyone experiences are different I have no issues with the Viets and look forward to seeing them all again soon.

Ironically since I have been home I have had 2 requests from other 'playmates' for help with funds...and both those requests came from Thai's...no such requests from the Viets to date.

But what are their tip expectations?

My massage tipping practice over the last few years, irrespective of nationality:

One hour oil: 1000-1200 (1200 if he showers with me after or if he provided above-average service)

90-min. oil: 1500-1700 (based on same factors above).

Can't recall an incident where it wasn't gladly accepted.

Have tipped less for below average massage (600-700) for 1 hr. But that happened only twice.

Regarding their expectations, it doesn't affect what I offer.  They are free accept or reject. I don't take a rejection personally but I would not choose them in future.

A couple of points to reply to here.

Vietnamese Boys.
It's good to see that some members ARE reporting good experiences with them.
As far as I can recall, the only time I got one as far as my hotel room was in Singapore about 9 years ago.
That includes about 11 nights in Vietnam. Incidentally, all the street hawkers were much more pushy than their counterparts in Thailand, Laos & Cambodia.
I'm not sure if that's a cultural thing, which may extend to other areas, including money boys negotiating payment. Or not.
Eventually I may find out, but it may take some time.   On the most recent trip, the offs were again from Thailand, Laos & Cambodia.   I'm certainly not trying to avoid Vietnamese lads.

Massage Tips
I think that's almost a topic for a separate thread.

Surely the tip must depend on the type of service received ?

So the service provided needs to be specified when discussing the tip, otherwise it is unclear..

I tend to go for the type of massage that actually includes a massage & if I'm in the mood, it may often include a happy ending. Where the masseur has raised the subject of the tip before the happy ending, he's asked for 500~600 in Bangkok (no negotiating on my part).
So to pay 1000 for that kind of service would clearly be way over the top.
Also, if he's done a professional massage that part is already paid for & a modest discretionary tip may be added.  If he's just done hand relief on top of the paid for massage& possibly dropped his trousers, we're not yet into full service pricing.

On the other hand, if going to a gay massage place & getting full service, sex, kissing etc, then larger tips are in order. Since the service is comparable with that provided by a money boy, the tip should logically be comparable.

So I guess it is like:

1 Normal massage, no extras:  Min tip = 0, although perhaps up to 200 baht may be paid.

2 Hand relief (with or without stripping)  5~600 baht   (that's what they ask for)

3 Full service, sex, kissing, same tip scale as bar boys ?   

I tend to go for the type of massage that actually includes a massage & if I'm in the mood, it may often include a happy ending. Where the masseur has raised the subject of the tip before the happy ending, he's asked for 500~600 in Bangkok (no negotiating on my part).

I assume that you're referring to what you pay above and beyond whatever minimum tip structure applies at that particular shop.

The tips I posted above represent the total tip I pay, inclusive of any minimum.

my massage tipping practice is similar to reader's

normal massage = cost of massage

1 hr =1000 unless  higher minimum tip is indicated i.e. Senso at 1200

1.50 hr = 1500 unless  higher minimum tip is indicated i.e. Senso at 1800

2 hr =2000 or whatever minimum tip is but no less than 1500

of course we are talking about massage by naked, fully accessible , man

In Pattaya I'm ruining market by tipping the same

In regards of shower I'll go along with local practice, few times but literally few I needed to offer an inducemet of 100-200 for boy to shower with me 

never had massage bad enough to warrant above tip reduction although on few occasions I offed boys providing very good massage service and they turned duds in the room but that's another story  

Their tip expections are no different than any other nationality.

alex303: Their Tip expectations are acceptable IMHO for BKK and inline with the middle end of Soi Twilight level / areas tips.

It's a number.

I still clearly remember the Vietnamese boy from Fresh Boys or Beach Boys in 2012 (?) whom I gave 1500, who insisted on 2000 and whom I had to kick out with 1600.

2000 is the going number in Bangkok, especially Twilight. . So he didn’t ask for more than any other nationality would.

I wouldn’t consider offering only 1500 . Sounds like you didn’t communicate fee before session. I’m on boys side here.

$60 usd is the going rate in my little state of Delaware. I sometimes get a message on the apps from a guy looking for a "generous" partner. When I ask how much the reply is often $60 or less.

The apps may be offering enough competition for many not to travel away from home for some slap and tickle with 18 and up hot guys.

I still clearly remember the Vietnamese boy from Fresh Boys or Beach Boys in 2012 (?) whom I gave 1500, who insisted on 2000 and whom I had to kick out with 1600.

I remember you telling us that story and yes , at that time 2000 ST was considered  high even for  Dreamboys's , Tawan's or Jupiter's boys

2000 is the going number in Bangkok, especially Twilight. . So he didn’t ask for more than any other nationality would.

I wouldn’t consider offering only 1500 . Sounds like you didn’t communicate fee before session. I’m on boys side here.

You know better , I also agree that greed doesn't go by nationality, rather by popularity and good look.

It's hard to blame boy who is offed nightly , sometimes even twice nightly for asking / expecting  more than his friend whose  last off was   Thursday last week.

I would still try with 1500 , after all this was what I was asked for last time I offed ST from soi Twilight  in Dec 2016. Possibly boys discounted me because it was almost closing time and I took two of them at once at their suggestion.

I'm one of those who likes  to set fee before  marching down the soi as I think it's of  benefit for both sides, others may think and act differently though.

Before this back and forth gets nasty. It is impossible to compare proper rates of 5 or 6 years ago with current rates.

2012 was a very long time ago by moneyboy standards.

how turning nasty  would be possible if such pillars of community are taking part in discussion ?

While  it's correct that boy who was stunner back in 2012 now may be developing Singha muscle and greying hair  sure rates can be compared.

Still we may arrive to different solutions as not only nominal amount in baht counts,  boys will be considering rise in their costs like food or rent while we will be looking at exchange rates of our domestic currencies and our own earning power which may cloud but also rosify our assessment of how dear / cheap tips become.

$60 usd is the going rate in my little state of Delaware. I sometimes get a message on the apps from a guy looking for a "generous" partner. When I ask how much the reply is often $60 or less.

The apps may be offering enough competition for many not to travel away from home for some slap and tickle with 18 and up hot guys.

correct in pure monetary terms abut trip to Thailand comes with bonus  on being on vacations not to mention weather behind the window ( is raining already 6 hours here and it just +2  Centigrade )

Agree with PaulSF...2000 is the expectation for Twilight for ST these days...my 'base' Tips before any adds ons were 2000 ST and 3000 LT (overnight)...all the guys were happy and tbh the cute Myanmar guy I offed from X-Size asked for the same when I enquired in the bar so it not like its a Viet thing...

2000 is the expectation for Twilight for ST these days...my 'base' Tips before any adds ons were 2000 ST and 3000 LT

With those prices most farangs can just get what they are looking for cheaper and more convenient closer to home than travel to Bangkok and Soi Twilight.

Oh wait, that's just what most non-chinese do theese days.

Agree with PaulSF...2000 is the expectation for Twilight for ST these days...my 'base' Tips before any adds ons were 2000 ST and 3000 LT (overnight)...all the guys were happy and tbh the cute Myanmar guy I offed from X-Size asked for the same when I enquired in the bar so it not like its a Viet thing...

Just because they ask for 2000, it does not mean that is the expectation.

Asking for a higher figure is often a negotiating ploy.    If you counter with a lower offer & they gratefully accept it, clearly the lower figure meets expectations.

I remember one Planet Romeo boy in Bangkok asking for 3000, obviously not serious.     I countered with 1000, expecting to settle at 1500, but he immediately accepted the 1000.   [The next evening, I saw the same boy on the stage in a gogo bar].

At no point could we say he expects 3000, even though he asked for it.  This is just an opening point for haggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA

At no point could we say he expects 3000, even though he asked for it.  This is just an opening point for haggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA

For me I'm afraid this type of haggling would take a bit of fun from the whole thing. Is one thing to haggle  nickle and dime for some goodies but it sounds like chore when compensation for intimate encounter is discussed.

I'm not saying I'm not guilty but when boy expectancy is too high  I try to make it max 3 step thing : his price, my price , yes or no.

If he start with asking 'how much you give me" it's even shorter , my offer, yes or no.

Not always but mostly it works to mutual satisfaction.

I don't have a problem with the guys trying it on by asking for extra large compensation. From their point of view, we're rich and they're poor. I'd probably do the same if I were in their position.

Like vinapu, I also don't get into long bargaining sessions. One of us mentions a sum, there will be one counter-offer and a final yes/no.

Unless I'm especially keen on the guy.

And at the end of the day, no matter how much they ask for, it's still a bargain compared to what I pay at home.

And Bucknaway, $60?? Really? That's cheaper than Thailand.

Lucky you!

Just an fyi. I don't pay for sex here in the USA. No need, so many are giving it away for free.

Even in thailand I rarely off anyone and seldom pay for sex. But I do inquire about tips with the guys just becasue.....

But I prefer random meetings and I have given 500 baht here and there to online guys who come to my room for sex.