pong

GAY sundays in Maggy Choo bar/Novotel Silom/BKK

Chosen as one of Bk-magazine's top 5 Silom bars- it has apparently gay themed sundays with bare sixpack-men showing off. The last Issue of Brunch of the BKK-post weekend magazine showed sunday 26/11 was its 3d anniversary-with a cabaret show by a katoey.

Opening times of that bar are from 8.00-till 2.00-but its unclear when the gay thing should happen-some say afternoon, but the show was evening.

Could be a nice spot to meet non-MBs, anyone has been?

(PS; do not confuse with JIMMY Choo-which is in fact an expensive lady-shoes brand).

I haven't been in quite some time (almost a year maybe), but as far as I remember from the various times I haven been it gets busy reasonably early (10 or so). The highlights are the drag show(s) and the trivia questions for the audience. The host drag queen asks questions and the person giving a correct answer gets a shot of vodka (or something). It's all done in a high energy kind of way and the host kind of doubles as a comedian.

8 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Digging up this old thread. Hoping to get some info from forum members.

shall be visiting Maggie Choo next Sunday for first time.

what is a good time to enter? What’s the highlight of the night?

If you can plan ahead you can usually contact G-Spot Entertainment and reserve a table.  recent contact info is in the picture below.  For big parties the cover charge is higher.  Chinese New Year it's 500 but you get 2 drinks.

In my experience there's usually a line to get in by about 10:00-10:30.  After 20 years of clubbing in NYC, I quit waiting in lines like this so I usually try to get there earlier.  There's usually a nice crowd for the 9:00 show, so if you do get there at 9:00 it's not like the club is empty with only a few oldies like me.  

But as is so often the case for clubs anywhere, waiting line can be a great place to hang out, smoke and meet people too.

Go.  If you don't like it the next drink is on me.  (Offer limited to Jason1975)

82357379_3650588791648014_1784118724584800256_o.thumb.jpg.23f960494bcfae00b1ff9b9ee449c20e.jpg

11 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

If you can plan ahead you can usually contact G-Spot Entertainment and reserve a table.  recent contact info is in the picture below.  For big parties the cover charge is higher.  Chinese New Year it's 500 but you get 2 drinks.

In my experience there's usually a line to get in by about 10:00-10:30.  After 20 years of clubbing in NYC, I quit waiting in lines like this so I usually try to get there earlier.  There's usually a nice crowd for the 9:00 show, so if you do get there at 9:00 it's not like the club is empty with only a few oldies like me.  

But as is so often the case for clubs anywhere, waiting line can be a great place to hang out, smoke and meet people too.

Go.  If you don't like it the next drink is on me.  (Offer limited to Jason1975)

82357379_3650588791648014_1784118724584800256_o.thumb.jpg.23f960494bcfae00b1ff9b9ee449c20e.jpg

Thanks for the info and updates. I am pretty sure that I will like Maggie Choo so you don’t have to buy me a drink @DivineMadman 

in fact, I should buy you a drink for alerting me about the queues starting from 10pm onwards.

Actually, I don’t mind queueing but my boyfriend hates waiting so i shall arrange of us to go at 9pm and make reservation for a table.