ggobkk

November visit - Pattaya then Bangkok

Paulsf is a key part of the glue that holds a good portion of this forum together.  He has been coming for a number of years, stays for a many weeks at a time, and has met many, many of the Forum members.  He keeps in touch with private messages, etc.  

you got it right !

as for suitcase, good luck with one bought in Patpong, I bought 3 over years and none survived more than 2 trips, it's always handle that is broken , may be my bad luck !

while he hasn't yet made it to Twilight the buzz is about that the doyen of Twilight is about to appear.  Paulsf is a key part of the glue that holds a good portion of this forum together.  He has been coming for a number of years, stays for a many weeks at a time, and has met many, many of the Forum members.  He keeps in touch with private messages, etc.  He has a dedicated seat at Hot Male Bar, Divine Madman and I noticed that his check bin at the bar is marked #1.

Paulsf is also the godfather for the Vietnamese boys who populate the bars and gogos.  

Enough said...Van and I were finishing dinner when paulsf arrived and was quickly taken to his seat at Hot Male Bar, some of the boys knew I was there to meet pausf and came over to tell me he was there.  Van and I having finished eating, went and joined him, he came  over to Maxi's with us and joined us for some more food.  He talked with Van about some boys he was wondering about who seemed to have left Bangkok.  The conversation was interrupted by waiters and others wanting to welcome paulsf back.

Paulsf is back in Bangkok? Wow! Can't wait to say hi again to him next week.

He definitely deserves VVVIP treatment at Hot Male Bar.

My experience with hotels and booking is to keep trying and to use multiple booking sites.  Rooms are released at various times and some only to a favored site.  I've been told no one was available at The Raya, only to find it available on Agoda two days later.

That said, you are look at a high point in high season, good luck and have a great time wherever you settle.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't able to book a room at The Raya's website for an affordable price. But I managed to find it at Agoda. US$70 per night.

Jason I’ll only be here till the 21st. Then headed back to the US for Christmas and New Years. Then back in January.

A little Twilight update...X-Boys has lowered their drink prices to 350 this week. With 500 off Fees. Don’t know how long it will last or if anyone else will match.

Jason I’ll only be here till the 21st. Then headed back to the US for Christmas and New Years. Then back in January.

A little Twilight update...X-Boys has lowered their drink prices to 350 this week. With 500 off Fees. Don’t know how long it will last or if anyone else will match.

Shall look for you on 20th when i arrive!

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't able to book a room at The Raya's website for an affordable price. But I managed to find it at Agoda. US$70 per night.

Not sure how The Raya's booking decisions are made.  Last year, I was staying at the Raya before going to Pattaya.  Decided I'd stay at The Raya when I came back to Bangkok for a few days.  Checked the rate on Agoda, noted it, then went to the desk to see if they would match it...my thought was - hotel doesn't have to pay a commission so should match.  No, not the case, the reception desk held to a higher price and wouldn't match the lower price on Agoda, which I then  booked.  

y

as for suitcase, good luck with one bought in Patpong, I bought 3 over years and none survived more than 2 trips, it's always handle that is broken , may be my bad luck !

I don't expect Van will have a lot of luck with his suitcase.  It's the 2nd one I've financed over the past four years.  

That's this report.  Not terribly exciting but definitely enjoyable.

Thank you gogobkk for a most detailed and thoroughly enjoyable report of your latest trip. Damn kind of you to take the time to do this for your fellow board members benefit. No doubt you are now dreaming of the charming Laotian boy and thinking about booking your next plane ticket........

After checking out the limousine showrooms  at Paragon we head for the Hotel Kempiniski so Mac can show me the palace of the Princess that is situated in the park by the hotel.  (Landowners privilege, I guess).

Looking at the palace from the Kempinski, I assume? But I have read that the palace is open to public at certain times, but couldn't find out when exactly. I surely want to go!

Just a few years back, X-Size (do you mean X-Size or X-Boys?) hat a special drink price 200 instead of 300, and off fee 300.

More precisely, that was in Oct 2014 that I made use of their special 200 THB for drink:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/10/x-size-wednesday-08102014.html

Airport exchange rates are outstandingly good if you stroll downstairs to the airport rail link. Just over the threshold into the rail area are several booths & the competition seems to result in exceptional rates.

I lost just 0.4% from XE mid-market rates.

Airport exchange rates are outstandingly good if you stroll downstairs to the airport rail link. Just over the threshold into the rail area are several booths & the competition seems to result in exceptional rates.

problem with those is that  they seem to be open only when train is running i.e. 6-24 and lots of flights are landing past midnight