Shonen

Buying boys drinks

They get about 50 baht for each drink that’s bought for them. So they try to get another drink after about 45 minutes from me. I try to discourage it and tell them I’ll leave them more in a tip. Which I usually do.

When I explain to them that I’d rather they get the money than the bar they seem to appreciate the gesture. I leave them anywhere between 100 and 3 or 400 baht. The bar bill is usually about 600 baht on average anyway so the bar is making out with me at least. And at Winners I asked if I could get 25 ping pong balls for 400 baht instead of 500 baht, as they go quick and I had already spent 100 baht for five. The staff was insistent on 500 baht. Geez, give a big spending customer a break I say.

Its getting the balance right, the boys appreciate the tips, the bar the drinks and that balance needs to be maintained for both to survive. 

If a boy sits and chats with me, I will buy one maybe two drinks and then leave him with a tip - maybe 100 baht? That way (I hope) the boy is happy and the bar is happy. 

I sometimes give  bigger tips - but I need more from the boy to do so - depending on the bar of course.

Last couple of times I was in Winner Boys the place was almost empty of customers and the boys were clamouring for attention - so a flash of their cocks got them a drink - but drinks there, even boy drinks, are comparatively inexpensive so it wasn't a hugely expensive gesture, and I also got to see a lot of cocks! LOL

Good point, I forgot about a possible quota. Maybe they realize that their job security depends on the bar selling drinks. I always am a little surprised when a boy I didn’t drink with or tip is so thankful to me on the way out, even though he received nothing from me.

I am not aware of how widespread any drinks 'quota' is in boy bars, but I am sure it happens?

Certainly in many girl agogos there is a monthly salary, and a drinks quota (and sometimes also a barfine quota) and if the girl fails to make that drinks quota she is 'cut' from her salary that month. Harsh but explains why they are often so pushy for drinks, especially in low season. 

Easy for the popular ones, but hard on the less popular ones who rely on their salary to pay their room rent, etc.

I was going into places like Cupidol last August and finding myself the only customer and having a stage full of twenty or more lads desperately trying to make eye contact in the hope that I would pick them. Sounds idyllic I know, but actually I find it quite intimidating as I feel so guilty for the ones I don't call down for a drink.  But sadly my pockets are just nowhere near that deep, especially at Boyztown prices.

While it makes great sense to tip boy 100 or more instead of buying him another drink for which he may get 20-50 they may actually have a weekly / monthly quota of drinks they are supposed to extract from customers so we should keep this in mind.

Indeed. I give them the choice of a second, or third, drink or a tip for each which exceeds their cut from the bar..

They can then make their choice ...

While it makes great sense to tip boy 100 or more instead of buying him another drink for which he may get 20-50 they may actually have a weekly / monthly quota of drinks they are supposed to extract from customers so we should keep this in mind.

Apologies fir my ignorance I assume When BMs on here refer to offing this means barfining yes ?

If boy is sitting with me I buy him 1 drink and just one but only if I invited him to sit beside , if he plants himself usually i decline unless he is attractive enough. Tip 100 unless I keep him beside for longer than 1/2 hr or length of show, That's for sitting . If some discreet survey of goodies is involved or God forbid public kissing , I add another 100-200.

If I will be offing him , no tip , just a drink. For semi-regular boys ie. offed already at least 2 times so bar had my of fees already , I have a tip but don't buy them a drink and tell them I'm not offing you tonight so they are free to pursue other options.

I follow the same rules explained by Vinapu & Christian.

The only time where I might make an exception is when a boy decides he's sitting next to me AND we've had a successful off previously, I might just buy him a drink. Normally only boys who I ask to sit next to me get a drink.

Like Christian, I never sit with a boy long enough to buy him a second drink. The most common outcome is to pay the off fee and we leave the bar before he's even finished his drink. Sometimes it doesn't work & I either try another boy or leave the bar.