reader

Vietnamese Boys

I talked to a few long timers before they left for New Years. Some said they were not coming back. Police are still giving them problems in Twilight. They can be waiters in street clothes but can’t be on stage. It’s been going on for a couple months now. Much longer than normal crackdowns. Also, they are aware of the impending closure of Twilight.

But last night a few of the boys started showing up. About 5 showed up and they said that many more will leave Monday or Tuesday, after the weekend. They all say they came back because they need the money. Some of their friends said they were not coming back, but they think as money runs out and no jobs to be had at home, they will start to show. Time will tell.

There were about 50 Vietnamese boys in Twilight before New Years. As of last night, about 10.

For those hunking for VN guys: hurry up and go to JEY spa, end of Sukhumvit soi 39, where they sudenly have turned up in big nrs. One is working there longer time, I had one late '17 but the usual, as also reported here so often, lower quality applied. He spoke good english and explained that for them/him SINgapore was the very best place to work: plenty of higher paid jobs and much less hassle from police. In that respect KUL was rated worst. JEY makes the pictures on show himself on the tabelt, so there is at least no fotoshopping possible.

Report on another thread in this forum: the new place in soi 4/Silom (nakarat or so) apparently only had VN guys, was raided by the BiBs recently and they were either arrested or at least taken off work there.

Report on another thread in this forum: the new place in soi 4/Silom (nakarat or so) apparently only had VN guys, was raided by the BiBs recently and they were either arrested or at least taken off work there.

Not exclusively VN guys but a fair number were.

I am hearing reports from my small tribe of Viets that the cops are intensifying their 'hasstle' of them thru April, a few have gone home until May already.  One Viet guy I know from Screwboys has been busted 2x, sounds like they came into the bar whilst he was working and took him away.

Does anyone have any other updates? I'm there next month so hoping its calmed down a bit by then.

The police have been hasseling them for the last 3 months. It’s been better for the last couple of weeks. I was with several of my Vietnamese friends last night and they didn’t mention anything new happening. I’m headed out now for the evening and will ask around. But I haven’t seen any evidence of boys heading back to Vietnam.

Uyn, a Vietnamese I've offed twice in the past when he worked at Screwboys, sent me a text yesterday.  Due to the problems the Viets were/are having with working in Bangkok, Uyn had gone back to Vietnam.  The text began by saying hello, asking how I was, etc.  

Since, I liked him a lot, I replied, sort of wondering if there would be a $$ request along the line.  No, rather, he wanted me to know that there was no/little work in Vietnam and he was now in London seeking work.

I refrained from asking what kind of work.  

If he's still in London when I get there later this summer, I'll check on his line of work.

At least the crackdown is broadening the travel industry.