Jimbillp

Bangkok Gogo show bars - report and questions

I was interested by a447a's comment about the guy he fancied "acting femme". My experience is that it is not unusual for otherwise straight-acting guys to behave like this in a bar. Once they have their client, they revert to  their more natural style. While on show, they play the perceived role of a gogo dancer, at least in a bar like Hotmail. I suspect that in some of the other bars that cater for muscle-guys, the  gay plays it straight.....but of that I have personal experience.

I had a similar experience like a447a’s in June.

I was shopping at Bang Rak Bazzar, near Shangli-la hotel one evening and noticed a smiling Thai guy walking towards me.

The guy was a Jupiter boy who appears in Muscle guy type show.

I knew he was gay because he told me that he fancies a straight Jupiter boy in the bar a few days ago but otherwise I wouldn’t have noticed him being gay.

He was day off work and he said he lives near by.

To my surprise, he was acting very femme so I realised his straight acting in the bar wasn’t his natural behaviour.

I wondered if his straight acting was due to the fact he has some female customers.

Usually thats what customers wants. Muscular guy being manly and twink guy being femme. Sometimes it depends on their friends and mamasan too. If most of their friends are femme, they probably want to fit in and acting similarly and vice versa.

350 for his drink

500 off fee

2000 for boy

I also bought drinks for host and another model (who I saw at KFC at 2am after his shift. Awk-ward.)

P.S Now I get why some guys have “budget days”. I blew through 500 USD easy on drinks and massages and boys and food in 24 hours. And I consider myself frugal! I guess I just got caught up in the excitement! Bangkok = Heroin

$500 US spent in one day is equivalent to around £400 GB pounds or 17000 baht.

For my budget I could pay one week's rent, eat every day and have a massage with sex every day for a week and also have snacks and drinks on the beach and still have change.

For my four weeks stays in Pattaya I spend around £1200.00 which includes accommodation and all expenses.

I guess I am what you millionaire a call a cheap Charlie - lol

But I still really enjoy my 3 X 4 week holidas a year.

A few thoughts, questions and debate. Welcome feedback as it used to help me decide and be informed. So hopefully helps others as well as me.

All this is on limited visiting this time but enough to get a feel. So here goes:

1. Jupiter is clearly now the big daddy of them all. This Sunday night pretty full, say had 150 ish in over whole evening. 350 entry with drink included and second drink just 150. So you can have 4 drinks for 800 which is really very fair given you get a show as well?

2. Show very similar to previous visits [for me 1 last August and 1 in april). The song starts up and you know exactly what you are getting. They also drag out the time between routines. Lost almost half attendees by interval. Certainly great looking model boys but really quite chaste. I do like more clothes and tease but this is really vanilla now. Is that reflecting Asian audience preference or what good looking boys/dancers will do? - I think Jupiter wants to be different to other go go bars and most of their customers are ladies on my last visit that's why their clothes is not that revealing, just a thought.

3. Only briefly in soi boy. Ate at maxis. Full. Soi Felt lively on Saturday night. Streams of Chinese heading to dream boy. Big sign up saying ‘not closing’. So I guess carries on for foreseeable. Anyone have recent intel? - Actually its bcoz of the rumor that Soi Twilight will close and the owner of Dream Boy will retire soon which is entirely not true. In fact, they will celebrate their 20th year anniversary this month. I saw a sign on it when I offed my most favorite go go boy there and he's already practicing their dance for the event.

4. Also made me think is there a Chinese site like this one that raves about dream boy and other places. How does the marketing reach target audience?

5. Went late night - 1.20am ish to screwboys. Only because stayed out watching live premier league. Hated it. Show was just drag queens, and poor at that. And then big rotation of mainly twink types. Expensive for one drink at 450 imo. Do they have any boys show? Does it have redeeming feature or is it just the late licence place?

5. Moonlight best all rounder for me. Mixes Jupiter with sleazier stuff. Have done separate post update. Pricing good. Model show gone or on hold? - will definitely go there on my next visit