TMax

Airport LimoBus Express service launched

For me it looks good, at the time I arrive at swampy the trains to Sala Daeng are packed like sardine cans and with a main bag and the carry on makes it a bit hard

Nothing new here.

That bus-exactly the same as on pic, already runs-ev 2 hrs-from DMK, since at least 4-5 yrs now, and for the same pirce 150 bt.

What is new that apparently they now also run from Swampy, but that is in competition with BMTA=citybus, which runs the S1 and S2 on the very same routes for 60 bt, about hourly (but without any published timings) and in normal AC-citybuses, thus less comfort-but many more stops (assuming you know enough of BKk about that), always nice ticket-ladies too.

By ARL +taxi to around Banglamphu is 45+80/85 bt, thus less as this bus (and yes, with serious overcrowding and sorry-pity feelings for all the Thai who have to live with that going to work in the mornings.

DMK is very well served by the now about most frequent BMTA busline: A1 from Mochit BTS/MRT direct via tollway. 30 bt.

Of course it is always good to have choices, but this seems not a viable option. Why would I forego the convenience of door-to-door service by Taxi for the negligible saving of maybe around 200 Baht (to Silom area)???? The only REAL competition IMO is between Taxi and ARL, but not because of price but because ARL avoids the traffic. The Limo does not, stuck in the same traffic as the Taxi (OK, granted, the meter will continue to run even when stuck in traffic, but big deal). Off-peak taxi is the only option I would ever consider. Have to consider inconvenience of getting to final destination from Limo's end point, too. Thanks, but no thanks. 

Have to consider inconvenience of getting to final destination from Limo's end point, too. Thanks, but no thanks. 

This has always been the issue to me. About 30 hours from my door to my hotel. An expensive air flight with, at least, one connection and when I arrive what do I do? Well, I don't book something that takes me to a central place in the city, from which I now, exhausted, have to get to my hotel.

It reminds me of my first trip to Pattaya. I was in Bangkok with a friend who arranged our trip down to the Ambiance, circa 1994 or thereabouts. He booked a shared van. honestly, we spent as much time driving around Bangkok picking up other passengers as we did on the road to Pattaya. This was pre-Sky Train days so the traffic was worse than young posters here can possibly imagine.

This Trip the Poseidon is picking me up and I will doze!

I'm mostly in line with Anddy on this.

From BKK
Airport Rail Link Advantages:

• Avoids the traffic
  • I do not have to deal with the taxi driver sharks
  • It's cheaper
  • I would go downstairs in the airport anyway, as the foreign exchange options are so competitive in the airport station.

Disadvantages:

• BTS is packed these days. I can accept that with one large rucksack.

Coming from DMK, the bus could be a much more interesting option.
As it is, I usually get to DMK by riding to the end of the BTS line and then taking a #29 bus. A bus all the way might be easier, but there is still a risk of more traffic problems.