jar1999

Tip Amt When Guy Sits Down

Hey guys, thanks again for your advice so far!  One last question.  When you go into a bar, and a guy sits down with you, and you buy him a drink, you're supposed to tip him, too, right?  If he sits down, do I just hand him 100baht and offer to buy a drink?  For example, in Moonlight, maybe I should give him 200?  But at BoyzTown maybe 100 is okay?

Also, do you have any tricks for avoiding answering all the questions guys ask about your name/place of stay/length of journey?

Many thanks!  I'll write up a report when my trip is over!

Yes, hank cover most of the things. As always, lower tips is still better than no tips at all. Money is money. If u sit with the boy, drinks ordered, some chat but u decide to off him, i do think no further tips is required. If boy says he dont need a drink (maybe your regular or he preferred tips) i definitely will tips boy more than 100. Any indecent touches also warrant extra tips in my opinion. U can also tips with another drink if u see the boys likes drinking. Sometimes i tips boy when they perform on stage or simply because i like him or he come to me during big cock show, in exchange for a "hand shake", but then i might ask few brief question (like long time ok nor not or top or bot) after without them sitting, so i usually didnt tip anymore for that chat, especially if it didnt result in him sitting next to me nor being off by me.

On avoiding questions, i guess i never have reasons to hide where i stay nor how long ill be in bkk, but i guess u can answer vaguely, like ill be around for a while or if u see me here im here. Most likely they wont follow up with a different question.

Most welcome. Actually the question I dislike most is if boys ask for my Line. I’m always in a quandary if I should lie and say  I do not have Line (but - I do add a very few, and sometimes they are friends so they will know it is untrue). But vice versa I do not like having to ask a boy for his Line, it makes me feel he is uninterested in me as a customer! Overall though I only have a handful of boys and one mamasan. 

those questions guys are asking are their way of keeping conversation going , not really because they are that curious although some answers my reveal something precious to them , for example if you tell them it's your first time in Thailand they  may see you as easy prey for higher tip because you don't know rates but at the same time it's warning signal for them that you don't know rates and may be unwillingly too stingy.

I never thought about this but was told by a guy that some new arrivals  don't know the rates and are tipping too low.

Revelation of hotel you are staying may , in boy's eyes , reflect size of you wallet.

You give tip to boy when you are sending him away, this is compensation for losing earning potential when he was locked with you. Sometimes I know for sure I will not be offing and take guy to sit just to have somebody warm beside, in such case I tell them right away so they know they can go back to the stage whenever they want.

If you like boy  but are not offing him tonight, heed hank's advice above and tip him more generously to stay good in his books for next time but don't over do it as they may label you easy prey and next time you may have more admirers you can handle, each one with palm stretched out for more. Happens very rarely but it does and it may be annoying.

Don't avoid answering their questions but feel free to embellish the truth if you think they  are too nosy. They are not but their English is limited  and so is scope of conversation.

Jar, you are getting good advice from people who know the system. I tend to only take guys I am interested in and usually know in 5 minutes if I am going to be with them or not. I always tip at least 200 baht but if I know I want the guy on a future date, more is good too.  I do the same no matter the city or venue. Often if I like someone and just want them to hang with me I'll tell them I'll stay through the show but can't take them home but will tip 500 baht if they want to stay with me for a bit. I never get that offer refused. But, it could be possible if the guy is looking for an off.  With guys I have been with many times, I often have them over for a drink and I tip them better than mentioned above depending on how much I like them. Some guys I know from Pattaya and I always tip 500 or 1000 to "help" them out and to catch up on old times. In the end, it is up to you but just be kind and fair and all the boys will know you are good.

1  I see no problem telling them my name.  First name only, not full name & address.   Although some of the ones I have seen many times know my full name and have seen my house on Google maps.

2  Telling a bar boy where you stay also has near zero risk

3 I don't mind telling them how long I stay.   If asked "how long you stay?", I quote the entire trip length (4 weeks or whatever). Often they don't ask anything else.  Sometimes they ask when I go home.   This is more awkward, as some don't perform as well if they know it's your last night & there are no more offs to be had in the short term.  Although others make more of an effort.

4 You can say you don't have Line, but if the boy interests me he is welcome to my Line ID.  If he misuses it, he gets blocked.  Very quickly.  I prefer giving him this to my phone no or what's app, since line is easy to block and I keep complete separation between bar boy talk on Line and talk with friends on What's App.   No chance of sending a message to the wrong person.

My phone also has "do not disturb" mode on overnight, so no 3:00 am calls from bar boys.

5  I have boys sit with me with a view to an off.   If we establish that it's not going to work within 10 minutes or so, I tip him 100.   If he does stay longer and sits in contact, 150.   There may be special case higher tips if something else happens in a bar, although I cannot remember when that last happened.

If a boy sits with me uninvited & unwelcome, he gets no drink and no tip.   Be prepared to deal with this in places like Winner.

Most of the time a boy who sits with me gets offed, so the only tip is paid in the hotel when he is about to leave.