floridarob

In Bali Again

Having fun ,even went to the beach a few times (I'm like a vampire). Lot's of guys on Grindr, still gotta watch out for photoshopped and fake pics...but 10-20 usd is the ballpark that most MB are asking for, a few higher but they drop down after you say too much. I'd say 60% MB and the rest looking for fun or possible BF.

I feel like Indonesian guys are how I remember it being in BKK 15-20 yrs ago.....even with MB, it doesn't feel so transactional. No discussion of long time or short time, if you get along with each other, a dinner or movie ...there's no further discussion about more money or buying them things (cell phones, laptops, motorbike). No stories about mother or the family cow dying either.

in Bali there are 4 gay bars next to each other and a number of massage places...beach restaurants/bars are open until midnight, so nice listening to music and watching the sunset into the night sky on the beach.

Lots of great restaurants, many Italian with amazing food.

I'm spending 1/3 of what I spend in Thailand and still having as much fun and sex (maybe more). 

Thanks Floridarob.

1  Is the 1/3rd spend just for the sex & fun part of the budget ?   Or the whole lot.  I have not yet been to Bali, but in some of the poorer Asean nations, food, drink and sometimes boys cost less, but I need to spend more on the hotels than in Thailand.   

2  Am I doing something stupid ?   Every time I use the Grindr travel feature, it works for most places but not Bali.   Grindr also seem to have somehow stopped itself working with Fake GPS, do that is no longer an alternative.

Screenshot_20200203-175317.png

50 minutes ago, z909 said:

Thanks Floridarob.

1  Is the 1/3rd spend just for the sex & fun part of the budget ?   Or the whole lot.  I have not yet been to Bali, but in some of the poorer Asean nations, food, drink and sometimes boys cost less, but I need to spend more on the hotels than in Thailand.   

2  Am I doing something stupid ?   Every time I use the Grindr travel feature, it works for most places but not Bali.   Grindr also seem to have somehow stopped itself working with Fake GPS, do that is no longer an alternative.

Yes,

• It seems that Grindr has a Fake-Gps-Detector and you cannot search when the fake gps is on.
  • The travel feature in the "free version" is of no use anyway because you can see the profiles but you can't write messages.
  • No profiles in Denpasar, Seminyak, Jakarta, it seems like whole Indonesia is blocked by Grindr.

Therefore as a preparation of my next holiday (Java) I mainly stick to BlueD and Hornet using fake gps, getting more messages than I can handle; seriously, it's almost too much of attention I get.

Not sure why, but i dont have issues using grindr and fake gps to see profiles available in bali (seminyak specifically). And im using free version of grindr. I didnt try the travel features on grindr though as i cant text anyone with it. But fake gps still works with my phone. What version is your grindr? Mine is 5.23.1 build 64628. I realized my version is not the latest so i guess thats why mine still working. U can try downgrading the app version and see if itll work.

I have version 6.1.0 of Grindr.     And the GPS app is called Fake GPS.   Grindr consistently fails to refresh the screen when I have a fake gps position.   This never used to be an issue, so perhaps it is the later version that blocks it.   Obviously the fake GPS allows users to work around some of the restrictions on the "free" version, so I guess it's deliberate.

Fake GPS is still OK on Hornet, but perhaps I should not be so keen to update the software.

4 hours ago, z909 said:

1  Is the 1/3rd spend just for the sex & fun part of the budget ?   Or the whole lot. 

I'm in an Ibis , basic hotel but is very nice. I know many people rent villas, my room is 19 usd a night with all taxes. Clean, SUPER convenient to gay life and beach, good a/c...wifi can have its slow moments, both times I've stayed here , no problems  with guests.

So the answer is 1/3 of my total budget. I did bring my own Bacardi, a 750ml is $60usd- Thailand is't too much cheaper $27 usd.

Re harga (=price): on the average for the things a normal tourist wants a lot to bit lower as TH. Alco is more ikspinsip, smokes less, but the horrible kretek smelly. If you speak it and go local, it can be much cheaper as TH, but I would not rec that to anyone. And then realise Bali as a whole is much pricier as  rest of Indo. Sad thing is however, that Kuta is about the only such gay place remaining in Indo, it used to be (80/90ies < 2000) nearly anywhere like that. However do not really expect to meet many real Balinese, its mostly domestik turis/workers and MBs from Surabaya or Jakarta.

Major drawback for the quite developed part of Kuta etc. is the bad infrastructure-narrow gangs (=sois) and also roads, jammed with loud traffic D+N, sepeda motor=motosai, TRanspoRt screamers anywhere, in the (now on) rainy season muddy or overflooded. I speak the lingo so that helps a lot-but dont fear in these touristy parts anyone speaks Strine (english with the OZtwist for those not knowing). Also not been there for a good many yrs now-many more Koreans/Chinese reported, but as for now ban on CN.