kjun12

M4M site offline?

• Members
1 hour ago, kjun12 said:

Most of the people who joined in the petition don't care if it hurts his feelings.  He has brought it on himself with his arbitrary, dictatorial actions.

If the goal is/was to simply send a message, then that's fine. My point was that open criticism would not get him to take the action requested.

Latbear4blk is right about driving traffic though.

• Members
2 hours ago, kjun12 said:

Why do you respect him?  I really don't understand why you say that.

Good grief. The owner of the "other site" provides a service that many gay men enjoy. A few queens are addicted to it, including THE troll and his girlfriend Ann. And the service is FREE to most of the addicts, unless you fall for Daddy's donation trap.

I have no desire to invite B into my friendship circle, but I'm human enough to realize he's worth more to some gay men than a foot-stomped cockroach.

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

Good grief. The owner of the "other site" provides a service that many gay men enjoy. A few queens are addicted to it, including THE troll and his girlfriend Ann. And the service is FREE to most of the addicts, unless you fall for Daddy's donation trap.

I have no desire to invite B into my friendship circle, but I'm human enough to realize he's worth more to some gay men than a foot-stomped cockroach.

Obviously YOU are addicted to it as well TROLL, but you just cant participate because YOU have shown yourself UNFIT to do so...(or so I heard) and are BANISHED.   So stop putting up the fake front.  ALL the bullshit you are handing us is nothing more than you trying to convince "yourself" you are OK with it....   Even the most clueless person can see you AINT !!!!!!!   (need another box of Kleenex to cry into Rocky ?)     Oh, and by your frienship circle, do you mean YOU talking to YOURSELF in the mirror?  

• Members
7 hours ago, kjun12 said:

Why do you respect him?  I really don't understand why you say that.

Why he deservs respect is obvious to me, but I would be wasting my time explaining what is obvious to me to a group of people who have made their minds and are not likely to consider any reasons that may challenge their opinions. So I am not going to waist my time.

Let me add that to be a group as sophisticated as you think you are, you show an extraordinary lack of ability to move beyond personal quarrels and contemplate the whole picture.

Measured on traffic and influence, the other site is way more successful than this one. When you have that level of participation you should put aside your elitist aspirations and enjoy diversity. If you cannot deal with mediocrity, ignorance, and stupidity you are doomed to interact with a few like minded people.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Why he deservs respect is obvious to me, but I would be wasting my time explaining what is obvious to me to a group of people who have made their minds and are not likely to consider any reasons that may challenge their opinions. So I am not going to waist my time.

Let me add that to be a group as sophisticated as you think you are, you show an extraordinary lack of ability to move beyond personal quarrels and contemplate the whole picture.

Measured on traffic and influence, the other site is way more successful than this one. When you have that level of participation you should put aside your elitist aspirations and enjoy diversity. If you cannot deal with mediocrity, ignorance, and stupidity you are doomed to interact with a few like minded people.

Its possible to respect the finished product WITHOUT respecting its creator, especially when you have a negative personal history with that individual.  It took every ounce of strength and dignity I have to crawl back there after I was ousted "several" times... and I put my personal feelings aside to continue "entertaining the troops"  But my feelings for Daddy have never waivered. .

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

The changes to the Comedy & Tragedy forum were an enhancement, helping people to go right to the topic of their interest without having to wade through so much juvenile waste of bandwidth.

Well, that's one way of looking at it. I'm glad the new links bring pleasure to your reading habits, Lucky. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to end the "juvenile waste of bandwidth." One person's shit-reading is another person's entertainment.

I have no objection to organizing that makes good sense. Some of my favorite employees are great organizers. Certainly, getting theater reviews from the Ebert-wannabees out from the Lounge made perfect sense to me. I wouldn't have called the new forum "Comedy & Tragedy," but there are a lot of creative decisions made over there that I think are silly and amateurish.

When I read about "The Arts," I think one forum is enough. The audience and membership isn't large enough "over there" to warrant a tree structure of folder hierarchy.

Guest Larstrup
4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

When you have that level of participation you should put aside your elitist aspirations and enjoy diversity. If you cannot deal with mediocrity, ignorance, and stupidity you are doomed to interact with a few like minded people.

Elitist aspirations? Where did that suddenly come from? Isn't that a bit harsh and misplaced? Also, are you calling the members over there - mediocre, ignorant and stupid? 

How did we get here?

Guest Larstrup
4 hours ago, Suckrates said:

It took every ounce of strength and dignity I have to crawl back there after I was ousted "several" times... and I put my personal feelings aside to continue "entertaining the troops"  

This is something I do not understand, with all due respect, suckrates.  What is of value to you there, if it becomes secondary to your own personal dignity and requires you to crawl there with all your singular strength? 

Guest Larstrup
21 hours ago, Fluffypuff said:

The wording is definitely not defiant. Regardless, any petition sends the message "These people think you screwed up." That's the loss of face I was referring to. 

It appears that I'm the only one who sees it this way though.

I agree with you 100%.  Especially in hindsight, as to whom the petition was targeted. 

As I posted later Sunday evening , I should’ve made more inquiry and had a better understanding of Adam Smith‘s desire to return.

While I have known about this banishment  since August, ( hence the organ thread in support) it wasn’t until Adam’s post on Sunday about how much he missed the other message center, which prompted me to organically and without forethought publicly support him in a return to the message center via the petition.

It was a horrible idea and mistake on my part, especially upon learning later in the day of Adam’s true feelings about the board,  and his unequivocal desire not to return.

But I agree wholeheartedly @Fluffypuffthat most people do not respond well when they have to lose face publicly, which is exactly what the petition would have required, to reinstate Adams posting privileges. 

The caring heart is often a vehicle to unintentional and unexpected consequences. But at least it was there.

• Members
1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

Elitist aspirations? Where did that suddenly come from? Isn't that a bit harsh and misplaced? Also, are you calling the members over there - mediocre, ignorant and stupid? 

How did we get here?

No sir, what I said is that when you have a lot of people participating, some of those people are going to display ignorance, mediocrity, and stupidity.

Actually, it looks like you do not have to be a very crowded discussion board to deal with ignorance, mediocrity, and stupidity. 

Guest Larstrup
7 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

No sir, what I said is that when you have a lot of people participating, some of those people are going to display ignorance, mediocrity, and stupidity.

Actually, it looks like you do not have to be a very crowded discussion board to deal with ignorance, mediocrity, and stupidity. 

OK got it. So the people posting here are ignorant, mediocre and stupid.

I’m sure there was probably a better way of expressing that but I’ll just leave it here where it lies. :huh:

• Members
1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

This is something I do not understand, with all due respect, suckrates.  What is of value to you there, if it becomes secondary to your own personal dignity and requires you to crawl there with all your singular strength? 

I know it was a mistake and made me look weak,  but I do enjoy posting the pic galleries, and they get a good audience there, and viewers seem to be entertained, which was my goal, first and foremost.    I tried it HERE for a very long time,  but the audience, except for regulars like MsAnn and Axiom was NON-existent..  For me, that was a waste of my time.  So the lure of having my work viewed and appreciated was more powerful than my good sense.