12is12

BKK - HOTEL? CAR?

• Members

That's a very good point, planetime. I was 39 when I first visited Thailand. I chose cheap accommodations. As I got older, I wanted more comfort. Dealing with the heat was tough for me, so I wanted a good shower and a comfortable bed. Then breakfast became more important, so I wanted the big buffet at a nice hotel. Now I look from Le Meridien down at my first hotel, and it really seems far away. The idea of going cheap when young is contradicted because my traveling companion was in his seventies.

(BTW- I did try the Raya last visit and was just not comfortable there. But I have stayed at a lot of hotels in Bangkok over 15 visits.)

It’s difficult to recommend hotels in Bangkok as the city is full of them.  Best of all some of the lowest prices for great 5 star hotels..  Your right Lucky as we get older our needs for more comfort and convenience becomes a bit more important than bargain prices.    

Thanks guys.

I'm not well acquainted with BKK's geography. I mean close to Soi Twilight, and Planetime mentioned Surawong. If I understand correctly the latter is a major street in the former... ?

I stayed at the Tartawan circa 10 years ago, but I've read that nowadays it has deteriorated and is problematic with visiting boys. Is that true?  

I AM looking for the comforts mentioned.

How about The Rose and Montien? I've read that until recently they were within a construction zone. Still true?

Meridian, Red Planet, Amari, Heritage, Trinity? Any recommendations or warnings?

I am looking for a comfort hotel, as close as possible to the fun, and no problems with visiting boys.

Thanks again.

PS - why does this thread not appear (at least on my PC) in the Asia forum?

You don’t mention what price range your looking at or how long your staying.     Tarntawan and Raya are closest to Twilight. Tarntawan is a bit tired, but functionable.  Rose and Montien are in the middle of construction zone, but navigable. Lots of high construction walls around the area.  All  will allow you to take company to room.  Red Planet is a 15 minute walk, quite basic and quite popular with younger Chinese.  Twilight is on Surawong.   Raya is 25 ft from Twilight. That’s the closet. 

Thanks a lot Planetime.

I'll be there 4 nights. I like to pay around $100, but if need be - for location I'll pay more. If Raya isn't noisy, I'll stay there.

May I exhaust your patience by asking venues, shows, rates, etc.?

I like them more than twinks but less than body builders; preferably very well endowed. 

Hey 12is12....

The chat we started having on that other site we can pick up here.... and hope that others will peek in and add comments!

Since I have a home in Bangkok, I don't use hotels any more but if you are only there for 4 nights, I would make a recommendation to you that I would not make to others who are staying longer.... location, location, location.... I myself like the ROSE Hotel.... i find it very well run, quite convenient, and you can stay out in the area late without having to deal with rip-off taxis and tuk-tuks who WILL overcharge you for any trip out of the Silom-Suriwong area. (For longer stays, I generally suggest that visitors avoid hotels in that area and consider a more genuinely "Thai" area, such as the one my apartment is in.... over on Charoen Krung by the Saphan Thaksin BTS station).

For your physical "type" I would strongly recommend the ARENA massage parlor

http://arenaspa-bangkok.com/

I have never had a bad experience there, and there is a great variety of gentlemen to choose from.

I, myself, do not like the bars/gogo bars in Soi Twilight - the drinks are overpriced, the staffpersons are pushy, and I do not enjoy the experience. I prefer to hang out at one of the terrace bars on the Soi and watch the world go by.... and then, perhaps, enter ONE of the bars briefly -- but keep your wits about you  - remember these are money-making establishments that employ guys who are out to make money!

Having said all this, Bangkok is one of my favorite places in the world. I luckily am close to fluent in the language... but be warned - English is not widely spoken/understood. My #1 suggestion to you - venture away from Silom.... and enjoy the street food.... it is the most delicious in the world!

Too much info?

Chok dee, krub.....!

Thanks NYNT; I PMed you.

You're right of course about hoping for others' comments. Please guys chip in with updates regarding also the following:

What's the going rate for offing in a bar? 
For a massage with full service or at least oral (not into HJ for HE]?
For a paid Grindr meet?

Which venues do you recommend for sex/y shows? 
How can I know in advance when the shows start, and when to come in order to get a good seat?

I used to frequent Hero Massage (not in Soi Twilight). I think it closed or relocated. Do you know of venues with similar setups?

I'll be in BKK from Friday evening to Tuesday noon. I'd like two sex experiences per day: night, and morning before sightseeing. Night isn't a problem, but do massage parlors and other venues cater to patrons in early morning?

• Members

What's the going rate for offing in a bar?  4 to 6 hundred baht
For a massage with full service or at least oral (not into HJ for HE]? 1,500 to 2,500 baht
For a paid Grindr meet?

Which venues do you recommend for sex/y shows?  None in Bangkok are worth your time and money.  Pattaya is the place to go for this.  The places on Soi Twilight have become a total rip-off.
How can I know in advance when the shows start, and when to come in order to get a good seat? Ask at the place but they will lie and tell you earlier than it will be but if you go when they say it will get you a better seat.

I used to frequent Hero Massage (not in Soi Twilight). I think it closed or relocated. Do you know of venues with similar setups?  Highly recommend Banana Massage on Sukhumvit Soi 23.  Very clean and well kept place.  Kelvin, the owner, will help all he can.  Arena on Silom has nice hot men but is a bit grungy for me.

I'll be in BKK from Friday evening to Tuesday noon. I'd like two sex experiences per day: night, and morning before sightseeing. Night isn't a problem, but do massage parlors and other venues cater to patrons in early morning?  No.  Not in the morning.  Usually they will not be open until 3 PM

Twilight becoming a total ripoff is your personal opinion.    My personal opinion is it’s not a ripoff. I hang out there 5-6 nights a week and have lots of fun.  There are sex shows at several places.     This is why I usually tell people that This is my opinion, but you should go see for yourself.  We all have different ideas of what we like.    Everything is close together so if not what your looking for, easy to just move on. 

• Members

Well, it's been years now, but once the bus for the River Kwai tour left too early, like 6 am. So we just hired a car. We got a nice Mercedes, a driver, and a guide. They took us around all day, including places not on the tour. Total cost $60.

Did you know that the movie The Bridge On The River Kwai is mostly bullshit? You learn that when you go up there.

Kju, thanks a lot for the detailed answers!

Planetime, since you DO enjoy Soi Twilight, could you please answer my question regarding recommended venues for sex/y shows, and when to go for a good seat?

Lucky, that's why I don't visit there; don't want to spoil my memories of the movie.....   :-)

On 11/30/2018 at 5:29 AM, 12is12 said:

Kju, thanks a lot for the detailed answers!

Planetime, since you DO enjoy Soi Twilight, could you please answer my question regarding recommended venues for sex/y shows, and when to go for a good seat?

Lucky, that's why I don't visit there; don't want to spoil my memories of the movie.....   :-)

There are usually two shows per evening... As i recall they generally all start about the same time - first show 10:30 or 11pm, next show around 1am - usually there is no problem getting a seat, and the guys generally "work" the audience as well.... the only issue is that you will be there during the very high season... another thing you should be aware of is that the Soi Twilight bars have become a popular stop-off point for Chinese (female) tourists, who seem to drink a lot and become rather loud and (to me) annoying. Just don't want you to be surprised.