• Members

There's one that I went to, but the information is in the archives at the other site that has closed down for the month.  See what's listed (if anything) at www.netgay.com.br for Curitiba.  Also, see if any information (via a search)  is available in the archives here.  Sorry, that's the best that I can do regarding your inquiry.

This is funny. I was just thinking about Curitiba as well, as possible place to go in January. I'll be looking at this space for some advice. 

My questions mainly are:

1. Are there enough touristic places to go to to sustain interest for possibly 5 days? Or is that too many days.

2. Are the saunas any good? Is it like the BH sauna (consistently good) or is it more like the Porto Alegre sauna (uneven)? Just thinking about the off-RJ and SP examples.

3. Other gay stuff to do. Gay clubs? Grindr/Hornet experience?

Thanks! Will report back as always.

Edited by numazu

Short answer is NO! it has cold(but scenic winters) the sauna on it’s best night is poorly attended, it is a majority white population of german, Polish and Ukaranian immigrants. A friend of mine visted last month and said he was bored by the second day,  sex wise one the worse cities to visit imho.

13 hours ago, numazu1 said:

This is funny. I was just thinking about Curitiba as well

Go to the Northeast, perfect weather year round and guys that typically don't travel to GIG or GRU to work....and cheaper.

Now that I've gotten your curiosity , when are you booking your ticket.....or did you already before you replied, lol

• Members
2 hours ago, lopesv2 said:

Curitiba is not a popular touristic destination and we joke in Brazil that natives there are kind reserved/cold.

If you are looking for a different place to visit I would suggest Florianopolis/Balneario Camburiu in Santa Catarina.

i al:ready visited Floripa a few years ago. No gay sauna with boys there. But many contacts from Grindr, including one guy that I met in the bushes above the nude beach ... 

• Members

Curitiba has been called the Minneapolis of Brazil. Orderly, white, a little boring, but "midwestern nice." The city has been written up in the urban planning field.  I remember an interesting environmental park and a compact, pleasant downtown. I took the train trip twice and was socked in by fog both times - zero views. The town at the end of the train trip is cute, but the famous barreada dish everyone recommends just seems like a salty mess to me. The sauna (I think it was 520) was mixed, with the non-professionals vastly outnumbering the pros. I was glad I checked ctba out, but the frisky business was disappointing, given the many stunning curitibanos in SP and Rio. All the best produce gets exported to the big cities up north!