Badboy81

Whats really going on in Rio?

• Members

State Governor Witzel has declared a state of emergency. Bolsonaro is in bull-headed full-on psycho-denial mode. That is going on.

We are trying to get out of the country at great expense and vacay sacrifice, so the idea of friends on the Board here trying to get in to take our spots is madness. 

Pay attention to USA and UK ‘foreign office’ advisories. Many LatinAmer countries shutting borders. Brazil is snubbing the action recommendations that are driving other nations, for now. Politics trumping science. A familiar theme. 

Your travel medical is likely nullified by insurance carrier. The number of cases here can spiral quickly in a state of denial. The microcosm of saunas is not a great indicator, as many guys are under-educated and just going to work like everybody else ... but that should drop off progressively more than the early indicators as described here already.

Sorry I cannot link the full piece ... look it up, and other related news articles.

Rodolfo (SP) is in no position to integrate all the info and act accordingly. Beware ‘conflict of interest’

If you care for my opinion ... take it or leave it ... do not come to Brazil. I would feel terrible if I had not admonished you and you ended up in a bad situation. 

DCC4C901-D829-4E71-8CB8-0CED231B4C08.jpeg

• Members

In other words, loosely translated ... we at 202 heartily accept your club fees and overall patronage, you can only transmit Covid19 if overtly symptomatic, do not share glasses or other personal objects, cocks and other body parts are exempt from ‘personal object’ classification ... it is only, for example, distal saliva say on a shared straw that poses a risk, we hope for a speedy recovery if you get this run-of-the-mill flu that will not hurt your older loved ones when infected, and if you are a beloved gringo tourist it is worth coming to Brazil for sauna fun and sex though your country may have no means to mitigate more severe circumstances that befall you ... dearest clients, on a scale of sinus cold to 9/11, this is a skinned knee ... why make such a big deal of it .. . You are not in China or Italy here ... listen to your ex-GdeP current broker ersatz epidemiologist/virologist.

——/

Stupid is stupid, ignorance is terrifying.

Another example: 

433D7E8B-9F54-4250-BC03-A2F1E9273B33.jpeg

Edited by Riobard

• Members
48 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am waiting to be close to my trip to cancel my flight and airbnb. :cry:

Play by ear is certainly OK, hope springs eternal. Airbnb is refunding even strict cancellation tier in Brazil. Pay attention to their window of dates. Similarly, airlines are flex now but may eventually expect folks to use common sense rather than rescue them from committed expenditures ... again, the allowances are date-bookended. 

I'm in Sp with a planned flight to Rio on Thursday.....the way the airlines are going (azul cxl'd 1 flt so I booked a different one) I'm not sure how long United will keep their flights?

I read that A/A cxl'd all long haul flights except for 3 routes. https://onemileatatime.com/american-airlines-cuts-international-flights-by-75/

Everytime I wake up , there are more extreme closures happening. I wouldn't come, if you make it who knows if you'll get stranded.

Airlines are going to be looking for a bailout and they say it will be easier to get  if  the government "forces" them to ground all their planes for a bit vs them to do it willingly.

I'm pissed because airlines are waiving change fees but still want to charge fare differences :mad:

• Members
32 minutes ago, Walker said:

The young healthy garotos can easily overcome the coronavirus themselves, but can pass on the virus to customers. Older people are more vulnerable to develop serious complications if infected.   Now, you can decide if you fall into the "older people" category :-)

Or you can decide if you have older people in your life to protect from yourself, regardless of your own age and degree of health robustness. 

• Members

I cancelled my trip last night. UK Government is today advising against all foreign travel - I think to avoid people being stranded overseas as repatriation flights may not be available.

Airbnb allowed me to cancel no problem.

Lufthansa I think allowed me to cancel and obtain full refund... was impossible to get through to customer services via telephone so used online portal.... keeps checking credit card to see it refunded!

Have heard guys are avoiding foreigners, particularly Europeans, and everywhere is closing down.

I hope it doesn't hit Brazil and its economy too bad.

Hopefully we can return later in the year.

• Members
6 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

CRAZY.

322652815_ScreenShot2020-03-17at5_51_07AM.png.c29128d7d684233ce4d8186b37025f4b.png

I am waiting to be close to my trip to cancel my flight and airbnb. :cry:

This is indeed crazy.

I was in Pointe last Saturday and it was not crowded at all. Sunday was my last day in Rio and I did not go to sauna. I am glad to be back home.

The perception of virus by garotos is funny. I stopped shaking hands in Pointe last saturday. 2 garotos understood and we only touched our elbows. But when they left, both kissed me on the mouth ...

• Members
2 hours ago, Walker said:

The young healthy garotos can easily overcome the coronavirus themselves, but can pass on the virus to customers. Older people are more vulnerable to develop serious complications if infected.   Now, you can decide if you fall into the "older people" category :-)

I am not sure that all young people can overcome the virus easily. Of course they can do better than older persons. From European experience, there are many deaths including in the younger population and 50% of people in extensive care units are less than 60 years old. 

• Members

Last week end ABC Bailao was kept open. ABC Bailap is the place in Sampa where young men meet older gentlemen. There are many older people there. 

They simply ask to avoid going there for people having symptoms (everyone knows now that you can transfer the disease even if you are asymptomatic). They also ask to avoid beijos (kisses) and hand shaking.

20200313_234249.thumb.jpg.8760860aa98e285f6afb036de7c80344.jpg

This attitude was very much criticized on the social networks

20200317_171723.thumb.jpg.db221772fa1c39848fc9e6378943401a.jpg

"It is sad to see the lack of resoect with the public in which most of people are older people. Not to be able to close putting people at risk. Money cannot be more important than the well being of persons"

Next week end ABC Bailao will be closed and I guess it will be the same with saunas.

20200317_171548.thumb.jpg.735f438bb0e33e9d6b2b7ef6cb8638fa.jpg

• Members

If you want to read smart, synthetic and updated information on virus have a look at Tomas Pueyo daily publications. I follow him since approximately 10 days. It is really amazing. It started only in English with 20 K readers. Now it is above 30 Million readers and it has been translated in 30 languages. Amazing.

20200317_184150.thumb.jpg.c14281ba79075694a73014af0d703ecb.jpg

• Members
2 hours ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

This was helpful to listen to.

Dr. Drew exclaims here that people are overreacting about COVID-19, and should just listen to CDC and Dr. Fauci, instead of journalists (who, incidentally, interview Fauci and CDC officials). Well, Dr. Fauci has made it clear that Americans are not taking this pandemic and the risks seriously enough, and has sounded the alarm that it is going to get much worse in the USA before it gets better. CDC officials have stated that the discouragement or outright outlawing of gatherings of 50 persons or more recommendation given by the Trump administration is not going far enough to reduce or slow down the spread, and that a better recommendation (even a temporary mandatory requirement) would be no gatherings or events of more than 10 persons.

About 375 people in Italy are dying of COVID-19 each week. In Spain, it’s almost reached 300 weekly. These countries each have about only 1/5th the population of the United States.

How was that helpful to listen to?

• Members
40 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

About 375 people in Italy are dying of COVID-19 each week.

Yesterday only 349 people died of covid19 in Italy.

In some regions (Bergamo) the local papers are full of obituaries (8 pages !) and the mass blessings of tens of coffins is impressive 

5 hours ago, redxs said:

I hope it doesn't hit Brazil and its economy too bad.

Hopefully we can return later in the year.

The country already has a weekend economy but they will do something to stimulate it in the future...

We will definitely go back in the future months when things are more calm...

• Members

Bolsonaro slams virus 'hysteria' as Brazil confirms first death

President Jair Bolsonaro condemned what he called "hysteria" over the coronavirus pandemic Tuesday, as Brazil confirmed its first death and Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro declared a state of emergency.

Flying in the face of mounting global alarm over the pandemic, the far-right president lashed out at containment measures he said would hurt the economy.

"People are acting like it's the end of the world," he said in an interview with Radio Tupi.

The economy was doing well, but now some governors are taking measures that are really going to hurt it... It's not like having groups of people here and there is the problem. What we need to do is reduce the hysteria."

Bolsonaro has sparked controversy with his response to the pandemic.

He had already drawn criticism for shaking hands and taking selfies with supporters at a rally Sunday, ignoring the recommendation of his own health ministry, which said he should remain in isolation for two weeks after being exposed to several officials who tested positive for COVID-19.

His latest comments came after the South American country confirmed its first COVID-19 fatality: a 62-year-old man with diabetes and high blood pressure who died Monday in Sao Paulo, authorities said.

"Unfortunately, this shows how severe this pandemic is, despite what some would like to believe," Sao Paulo Mayor Bruno Covas told CBN radio.

- Landmarks closed -

The emergency measures in Rio included closing the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue and the cable car to Sugarloaf Mountain, two of the city's most famous attractions.

Sao Paulo granted city authorities the right to requisition goods needed to contain the virus from businesses if necessary.

Rio ordered restaurants to reduce the number of tables by 70 percent to increase distance between patrons, closed stores in shopping malls and halved the number of public transport vehicles in circulation, calling on people to remain home when possible.

On Friday, the state had already closed schools, theaters and cinemas for at least 15 days.

Rio Governor Wilson Witzel has also ordered people off the city's beaches.

The federal government meanwhile announced 147 billion reals (nearly $30 billion) in emergency spending to fend off the economic impact of the pandemic.

- 'Crime against public health' -

Brazil -- the biggest country in Latin America, with 210 million people -- has confirmed 291 coronavirus cases, concentrated in Sao Paulo and Rio.

Health officials are working to convince the population to take the threat seriously, but some Brazilians remain skeptical -- not least Bolsonaro.

The man dubbed a "Tropical Trump" has at times caused outrage with his response to the pandemic, both politically and personally.

He tested negative for the virus last week, news he announced on Facebook accompanied by a photo of himself making an obscene gesture.

But under health ministry protocol, he needs further testing to confirm the result, and is supposed to remain in isolation in the meantime. He took a second test Tuesday and is awaiting the result.

Influential Sao Paulo state lawmaker Janaina Paschoal called on him to resign.

The president's decision to defy health authorities and participate in Sunday's rallies by his supporters was "a crime against public health," she said.

"The president does not seem to be taking the outbreak seriously," newspaper Estado de Sao Paulo said in an editorial.

Bolsonaro was unfazed, saying in his radio interview that he would hold a "small party" to celebrate his 65th birthday Saturday, even though health experts have recommended against such gatherings.

"Life goes on," he said.

Shop sellers wear masks in the Brazilian city of Sao Paulo, where a state of emergency has been declared over the coronavirus pandemic

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has come under fire for taking selfies with supporters at a rally, even after his own aides recommended he remain in isolation