Latbear4blk

TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S

I have never had their 'food'. 

But, it's fast food. It's just another variant of greasy crap. I can get that anywhere. People praising the joys of chick-fil-a or any of that stuff is a lot like somebody trying to tell me that Bud Light is some amazing beer. It's prime value is in ensuring that I don't trust said person's culinary choices.

I find it baffling that somebody would give these people money that they use to try to kill us in exchange for greasy crap. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, caeron said:

It's prime value is in ensuring that I don't trust said person's culinary choices

I love this line. Reminds me of my disdain for people who recommend restaurants based on reviews they found on god-awful TripAdvisor.

• Members

If I can support the 1st amendment rights of the KKK and Nazis, I can deal with Wendys and Chick Filet supporting who they want ( how they treat their workers is a different matter). Free Speech is one thing that does make America better than most other countries.

• Members
21 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

If I can support the 1st amendment rights of the KKK and Nazis, I can deal with Wendys and Chick Filet supporting who they want ( how they treat their workers is a different matter). Free Speech is one thing that does make America better than most other countries.

I do not think the friends here question their freedom of speech. They believe in the power of their shopping decisions. I do not. Actually, their sells went up immediately after the boycott, and have stayed up, and the chain is expanding. 

I believe politics is played in the political arena, not in the shopping cart. They had to change their politics because of social and political backlash against their homophobic stands, we did not need that boycott, although I am sure the controversy around it helped the cause. 

• Members
35 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

and the chain is expanding

So is Trump's waistline. So are the waistlines of his voters. When your life is miserable, and you voted for the wrong guy, a politician who hoodwinked everyone, you tend to eat more junk food because your life really isn't getting any better. Boycotts have a way of energizing the opposition, depending on the fight. Just because sales went up, doesn't mean the boycott won't ultimately work.

Now in the age of Trump, a lot of asshole business owners are going to think that "all publicity is good publicity." My gut is telling me, no smart business should invite a boycott. That's why I believe that business owners would do better to keep their mouths shut on controversial subjects. It's just smart business practice at its most basic.

• Members
19 minutes ago, caeron said:

Darling, everyone knows the best seat there is near the restroom. Because the time is so short between the eating and the urge to visit it.

But the turnip greens and ham hocks is so complex and tantalizing to the palate.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:01 AM, Latbear4blk said:

Chick-fil-a, the company itself donated the money or its owners did. Because I think they can do whatever they want with their money. But Chick-fil-A is hateful because...? Do they discriminate against their LGBTQ workers? Did the company campaign against LGBTQ's rights? 

boston mayor tom menino against.chick-fil-a

• Members
7 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I like that you don't have to tip the Maitre D at Cracker Barrel for a good table. 

Cracker Barrel a long history of racism against employees and customers.The chain had previously been put on blast with Justice Department investigations over segregating and providing poor service to Black customers as well as mistreating Black employees.

https://www.theatlantavoice.com/articles/another-black-man-was-thrown-out-of-a-restaurant-for-just-sitting-down/

Also, The Cracker Barrel Old Country Store PAC routinely gives the Trump campaign and the Republican Party more than 80 percent of its contributions.

• Members

Cracker Barrel is the only chain that doesn't consider turnip greens and ham hocks to be "just ni##er food". They got my business. 

You cannot have pure capitalism without racism. People and their labor are commodities with different values and race is a huge factor in how much that human animal is worth.The end of slavery just meant that you could no longer own or kill people like other living stock. All the meaningless platitudes in the world don't change pure capitalism  as a dog-eat-dog, kill-or-be-killed system. The "safety net" is kept at the minimum to keep peasant society from collapse and a pitiful charade of democracy keeps them entertained.  ( As Peter Thiel says, if democracy gets too democratic, we may have to dump it.) Most of the biggest public complaints...racism, healthcare, wages, education, housing, sexism,  (including even lack of competition and free market) relate back to pure capitalism but people are under an illusion they are all separate problems that randomly occur at the same time. Why are all these problems handled so much better in European social democracies?

I'll support democracy even when the masses are stupid and make bad decisions. But don't ask me to choose the lesser evil among our present master class.  

• Members
46 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

Ridiculous comment. Even a superb American history teacher in middle school or high school would not know everything that happened before they were born. For example, I have trouble remembering some 19th century presidents between Lincoln and 1900.

William. do not worry. He is an old admirer who tries to figure it out who I am and always makes the most favorable assumptions. I also love him.

• Members
10 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

Cracker Barrel is the only chain that doesn't consider turnip greens and ham hocks to be "just ni##er food". They got my business. 

You cannot have pure capitalism without racism. People and their labor are commodities with different values and race is a huge factor in how much that human animal is worth.The end of slavery just meant that you could no longer own or kill people like other living stock. All the meaningless platitudes in the world don't change pure capitalism  as a dog-eat-dog, kill-or-be-killed system. The "safety net" is kept at the minimum to keep peasant society from collapse and a pitiful charade of democracy keeps them entertained.  ( As Peter Thiel says, if democracy gets too democratic, we may have to dump it.) Most of the biggest public complaints...racism, healthcare, wages, education, housing, sexism,  (including even lack of competition and free market) relate back to pure capitalism but people are under an illusion they are all separate problems that randomly occur at the same time. Why are all these problems handled so much better in European social democracies?

I'll support democracy even when the masses are stupid and make bad decisions. But don't ask me to choose the lesser evil among our present master class.  

Tasso, as a matter of fact Capitalism does not have the monopoly of racism.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Tasso, as a matter of fact Capitalism does not have the monopoly of racism.

No, but pure capitalism assumes race in how much a person is worth in the market. (Spoiler: women, blacks and Latinx aren't worth as much unless you need a token). 

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

stereotyped thinking

Good grief. It's "stereotyped thinking" to imagine every teacher loving and appreciating the importance of history? I'm sorry. I was educated by the Jesuits. You don't get away with that shit in my hood.