Latbear4blk

TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

pure capitalism  as a dog-eat-dog, kill-or-be-killed system

Geez Louise. Something awful must have happened to you. I could write a lot more but I don't have the time. Your attitude is very defeatist, very cynical. 

I was the first executive in my stodgy, conservative luxe corporation to recruit Black, Latino, and Asian artists. I made it my mission to teach my stubborn White elders (several of them racists) the wisdom and foresight of diversity. I taught my recruits how to strive and thrive in creative business. I fully gave back what was given to me. Most of my recruits went on to live the American Dream.

I know countless business people in our Capitalist system who believe in paying it forward and leaving no man behind. I stand among them, proudly.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

Cracker Barrel is the only chain that doesn't consider turnip greens and ham hocks to be "just ni##er food". They got my business. 

It says everything we need to know about you that you felt the need to type the word out, even with the octothorps. 

• Members
1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

I’m sorry for your substandard education. The American Civil Rights Movement was from 1954 to 1968. 

True. But, the most significant events, other than Brown v. Board of Education & a civil act in the late 1950s, took place when Martin Luther King and Lyndon Johnson said "we shall overcome.". Truman desegregated the military. LBJ signed Medicare into law at the Truman Presidential Library in Missouri with Harry and Bess Truman there.

Politcal scientists rate LBJ as the best president for minorities, but in second place after Lincoln. As much as I liked Kennedy, I knew in 1964, Johnson was better at dealing with Congress.

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

William. do not worry. He is an old admirer who tries to figure it out who I am and always makes the most favorable assumptions. I also love him.

I’m not at all an “admirer” and not at all interested in learning who you are. You’re not in the least significant to me. But you’re the one who is foolish enough to post photos of yourself on adult websites, if someone actually did care. 

• Members
3 hours ago, caeron said:

Apparently the CEO of Chik-fil-A spends his lockdown time doing interviews with evangelical preachers who want to talk about the white blessing of slavery.

Cluelessness taken to a whole new level.

Like I said, the fucking chicken sandwiches can't possibly taste good enough for me to give one cent of my own money to that company.  

• Members
6 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

I’m sorry for your substandard education. The American Civil Rights Movement was from 1954 to 1968. 

The Civil Rights Movement lasted  far beyond 1968. There were still over 500,00 United States military in Vietnam, many of the grunts were black.

Nixon's incursion into Cambodia was largely the responsibility of blacks.

The trials of Bobby Seale and others who "disrupted" the 1968 Democratic National Convention took place after 1968. Ask Bobby Seale when the struggle ended. Calling Bobby. Tell us how you were bound and gagged at the trial.

Johnson last public appearance (in 1973) was with Civil Rights leadership at the Johnson Presidential Library in Austin.  LBJ was obviously very ill & died a few weeks later.

Edited by Buddy2

On 6/16/2020 at 1:56 PM, Buddy2 said:

As much as I liked Kennedy, I knew in 1964, Johnson was better at dealing with Congress.

Johnson was a hardass who knew how to get shit done.

After meeting with him, there was a saying from wrestling:

’Did he get you in a half-Johnson, or a full-Johnson?’

• Members
On 6/16/2020 at 3:39 PM, JKane said:

Like I said, the fucking chicken sandwiches can't possibly taste good enough for me to give one cent of my own money to that company.  

No matter how good they taste, I'd never enjoy eating one, just like i can't stomach watching a Mel Gibson movie, no matter how well reviewed.

8 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Johnson was a hardass who knew how to get shit done.

After meeting with him, there was a saying from wrestling:

’Did he get you in a half-Johnson, or a full-Johnson?’

This was a slightly dead-risk form of head-hold.

• Members

Cracker Barrel became very pro-gay several years ago, including equal health and life insurance benefits for  same-sex partners. And Chick Filet stopped donating to the anti-gay-marriage Salvation Army and Fellowship of Christian Athletes last year. Personally I admire that Chick Filet loses enormous profit by closing on sundays because of their beliefs. That sunday closing is also a reason many people with families or spouses love working there. And my father made me promise to always help the Salvation Army because it was the only group to help him as a soldier plus I've seen the great work they do for people in AIDS housing in DC. 

index-4-1561055856.jpg?crop=0.5xw:1xh;ce

On 6/15/2020 at 11:41 PM, caeron said:

Darling, everyone knows the best seat there is near the restroom. Because the time is so short between the eating and the urge to visit it.

To confess my stupidity: right after I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago, I went to a Cracker Barrel and had their Reuben sandwich.

Vesuvius erupted! :D

• Members
28 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

This is the first time I hear about this place. I just went to check their website. Are those their best pictures???

It's American "soul food/southern food". You have to like turnip greens and ham hocks and cornbread. Most meals are about $10. It's hip to put down as associated with food lower classes like. I find they have the best meatloaf, biscuits and turnip greens anywhere and my Argentine and European guests always love it's food when we're on the highway. The nearest to DC is close to BWI airport and at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge past Annapolis. 

Cracker-Barrel-Diverse-Staff.jpeg

Edited by tassojunior

33 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

It's American "soul food/southern food". You have to like turnip greens and ham hocks and cornbread. Most meals are about $10. It's hip to put down as associated with food lower classes like. I find they have the best meatloaf, biscuits and turnip greens anywhere and my Argentine and European guests always love it's food when we're on the highway. The nearest to DC is close to BWI airport and at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge past Annapolis. 

Cracker-Barrel-Diverse-Staff.jpeg

One has to say they really did upgrade their menu a few years ago, and now it’s real food.

• Members
43 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

One has to say they really did upgrade their menu a few years ago, and now it’s real food.

When you're on the highway and the other choices are McDonald's, Waffle House or truck stops, Cracker Barrel seems Michelin 3-star. 

Rated best chain:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/style/2017/12/12/which-is-better-applebees-or-cracker-barrel-our-critic-ranks-americas-most-popular-chains/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZISsz8BQ-sD29Szqy4Ld         images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_KTwlmsu57iDZqpD4YDn   fireplace-at-cracker.jpg Barrel-meatloaf.jpg&authapi-mob-redir=0&

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
2 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

It may be Southern food, but it’s not “soul food”. There isn’t a black person in America who would consider Cracker Barrel legitimate soul food. Well, except maybe Tim Scott!

Tim Scott, the Black United States GOP Senator from North Carolina?

Interesting comment, my friend. You must eat lunch with Senator Scott occasionally. Me, too.