Tomcal

latest trip to Brazil

4 hours ago, Alex_Berl said:

I have a  flight to SP in  july  21.  How is the situation in Brazil so far? Sounds that saunas and clubs are working regular?

J hi ly is the only month i haven’t been to Brazil, i have avoided it because 1) it has always been the month when schools were closed and families took vacations and 2) it is the middle of Brazil’s winter! but that is variable you can have nice warm days but you can get a cold front rolling in(still it is usually above 60) some of the posters on here may be better able to address this!

i was there one year in the middle of August and had Great weather!

I have a trip booked for November which I have changed twice in the past year and a half. Living in Canada, the problem is there are no direct flights, Air Canada has suspended , currently, the schedule returns in July. I normally fly United through Houston. Going to Brasil via Houston is not a problem but foreign nationals can still not transit USA from Brasil as far as I know.

34 minutes ago, Zackbr1952 said:

I have a trip booked for November which I have changed twice in the past year and a half. Living in Canada, the problem is there are no direct flights, Air Canada has suspended , currently, the schedule returns in July. I normally fly United through Houston. Going to Brasil via Houston is not a problem but foreign nationals can still not transit USA from Brasil as far as I know.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/mx/fly/travel/international-map.html

I'd look into it more.....

• Members
3 hours ago, Zackbr1952 said:

It sounds like you live in Western Canada, most likely Vancouver. lol

• Members
6 hours ago, Zackbr1952 said:

Going to Brasil via Houston is not a problem but foreign nationals can still not transit USA from Brasil as far as I know.

Correct.

Can transit thru Panama, use the drop down menu. Flight connections may be wonky and make camping out in international transit area intolerable. Need Yellow Fever vaxx certification to leave the area. Not sure what is required to leave the transit area as far as COVID restrictions ... check by changing that part of the menu to entry, not transit. 

https://www.copaair.com/en/web/ca/travel-requirements

DA27E8D4-CE9F-4186-B6AB-D47D19ACFD81.jpeg

• Members

Here it is: can enter Panama under these conditions, along with YF vaxx, if stranded in international transit waiting for a delayed connection. Note that the CoV test must be within 48 hours of arrival, in contrast to Canada’s requirement: within 72 hours of Brazil departure. Overall, a risky option for the inconvenience of possible quarantine order, but if you are a trooper willing to hang out airside, especially if not YF vaxxed ...

Gonna wait until flights resume Canada/Brazil one day. 

CAC99CA8-E7B6-4EDE-A87B-B0E600E56CC5.jpeg

mBack to my trip to Brazil! Wednesday was a great night at pointe! lots of guys and fun atmosphere!  

Everyday the Brazilian JuJitsu fighter shows up at 1:00 and have a great 2 hours together but today had to cut a little short, because i was meeting a guy at Pointe at 3:00

• Members
7 hours ago, Tomcal said:

mBack to my trip to Brazil! Wednesday was a great night at pointe! lots of guys and fun atmosphere!  

Everyday the Brazilian JuJitsu fighter shows up at 1:00 and have a great 2 hours together but today had to cut a little short, because i was meeting a guy at Pointe at 3:00

How do you have the stamina or tesao for all these? lol

• Members
On 5/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Tomcal said:

J hi ly is the only month i haven’t been to Brazil, i have avoided it because 1) it has always been the month when schools were closed and families took vacations and 2) it is the middle of Brazil’s winter! but that is variable you can have nice warm days but you can get a cold front rolling in(still it is usually above 60) some of the posters on here may be better able to address this!

i was there one year in the middle of August and had Great weather!

Hi, thanks. Yes I know. I have been in Rio in July- was ok. But I mean: How is the expected situation in july because of covid. Do the saunas working regulary? 

• Members
2 hours ago, Alex_Berl said:

Hi, thanks. Yes I know. I have been in Rio in July- was ok. But I mean: How is the expected situation in july because of covid. Do the saunas working regulary? 

Why do you think anyone can know what the situation in July will be? In pandemic times, talking about July is science fiction.

This is where it is good do you have friends in high places!!  i took my Corona CPR test Friday at the clinic in Copa, and they assured me i would have the results so i could fly back to the states Sunday night! at 11:30am on Saturday morning No results in my email. one reason i picked this clinic is because of its reputation and its profile says it is open 24/7 7 days a week! when i called there i got a voice recorder, so i decided to take a uber and get my results rather then depending on email, i got there at at 2:00 and they are closed! i wasn’t panicking yet as i wasn’t leaving Rio for SP until 3:00pm Sunday but that was just 24 hours away! i tried every number i had for them including a fax but no one responded! Now it is this morning and i drive their again and same result!  So i did something i rarely do and called my friend of 20 years Luis, wgmho was the first guy i met in Rio 20 years ago! he was the former BF of Junior at Pointe and most importantly a federal district attorney for the state of Rio de janeiro! Long story short... it took Luis 5 minutes to have my paperwork emailed to me! We had just gone out to a amazing restaurant in Leme two nights ago before all this happened!

So i am flying to SP and going to stop in at Lagoa for 2 hours before catching my flight home!  As a side note i went to Pointe last night for 2 hours before heading out to dinner with friends and while there were only about a dozen guys there, there was a new guy that was absolutely stunning! we talked for only about 10

minutes before i had to say “let’s go to a room”!! he has a “Gleem Smile”’ nice toned body and a really nice guy with Zero attitude! Afterwards we exchanged instagram numbers and i am definitely seeing him next trip’. Just goes to show you that a Slow night can still be amazing!!

As far as I know this proclamation is still in effect but I could be wrong!

The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of noncitizens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States, is hereby suspended

Anyway, as Tom has verified, emphatically no less, the boys are not going away!