BiBottomBoy

Got My First Vaccine Shot!

Got my first vaccine shot. And actually got it early because the French are running these sites with actual military precision.

They tell you to get there an hour early so I did. And was immediately whisked into a line. At the end of the line they checked that I was scheduled for that day and sent me into a room to take a number.

Then there were three dozen nurses lined up. I was number 207 when I got my number and they were on 177 but five minutes later it was my turn.
I get to the nurse and she's like "have you tested positive for Covid" and "are you allergic to any medications?"

I said "nope" and was given the shot and whisked out the door a minute later.

They must be worried about a terrorist attack of some kind because there are army guys with machine guns everywhere. But them being there means the lines stay orderly, nobody tries to cut them and you get in and out in a matter of minutes.

The French Army is running the thing which I didn't realize. All the nurses in military uniforms the guys handing you the papers to fill out in military uniforms, etc....

• Members
1 hour ago, BiBottomBoy said:

army guys

Congratulations... you're halfway there (actually much more as one shot gives a lot of protection)...Army Guys in uniform...last time I was in Paris was after some bombing and there were yummy army guys everywhere..ooh la la.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, BiBottomBoy said:

was given the shot and whisked out the door a minute later

Were you not asked to stay in another area for a few minutes after the shot? In some countries, you are asked to stay for about 15 mins in a different area, in case you develop any allergic reaction to the shot.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, BiBottomBoy said:

The French Army is running the thing which I didn't realize.

interesting, that's probably a good idea because
1. it puts the army to a REALLY beneficial use
2. they know how to organize things and logistics much better than some bureaucracies, so increasing the vax program's efficiency

Plus it gives plenty of eye candy (and potentially flirting options) lol

Just recently had my first Astrazeneca jab with no side effects so far, what a great pity it wasnt a jab by a fully errect Thai hunk, still 11 weeks away to the second jab. Still hoping the Thais can get on top of the current wave of the virus, so that I can then get some Thais on top of me, one day maybe so I'll keep wishing:p 

The number of general covid threads seems to have been reduced to @JKane's amusing one featuring Covid Dark Humor and those speculating when Thailand will open up to tourism again. But covid is still killing far too many people and inevitably some of us are affected as friends die. One friend aged 67 and an expert in his field (not medicine!) and therefore a frequent traveller much of each year went with his partner to spend a week at their holiday house in Greece in late-July. He then had to be in north Italy for a series of business meetings while his partner returned to London. A few days later my friend returned to get vaccinated, having stupidly missed an earlier slot. He was soon in hospital and on a ventilator. Two weeks ago he died. I first met him 45 years ago. 

Sadly this is not an unusual tale. How many of us have known one or more who have died of this dreadful pandemic?

Don't know anyone personally but I have friends that have lost family members in both England and the US, some also have family suffering long covid (ongoing health issues after initial infection is cleared).

Even though I have now had both shots of Astra I still don't wish to get the virus, even if it's only a mild infection as I am in an at risk group with some previous respiratory health issues. 

• Members

I am surprisingly unaware of any friends or family who have died, though I know people who have been gravely ill and recovered or lost family themselves.  Luckily my closest friends were all just as eager to get the vaccine as I was.  

Maybe that's why I can post jokes, I'm glad people seem to take them in the way they are intended, dark/morose/gallows humor but it also reflects how infuriating it can be to argue with anti-vax types, which I've gotten to do in person too many times.  One dipshit felt the need to yell from his car at a line of people at Starbucks about masks and CO2...  I yelled back something about surgeons wearing them through 8-hour operations but it was pointless... and there is a part that welcomes how targeted the current wave is in America but knows that it affects far more than the profoundly stupid.  

No one close to me had died of covid, but i know few people personally that had died. Of course if we expand to my friend's family, my cousin's families on the other side, work colleagues etc, those numbers add up. At least except for one person, all of my  extended families than im in communication with, are taking their vaccines, and majority had their 2nd dose already. 

Regardless of this, i cant feel sympathy for those who not only decided for themselves that they are superior being and can ward off the virus without medical help, but also preach others to do the same. And these people are also the one selling those ivermectin, or cloves water, or whatever natural immunity and supplement that they claim able to keep covid away.

If these people died from covid, i cant feel sad at all, simply because, if they had survived, they will then say whatever they claim is true, thus continue their mission to drag eveeyone else down with them