floridarob

Cxl'd Brazil trip- Tested positive for Covid

Was supposed to leave tomorrow for Brasil....I've had both vaccines (Moderna) and the last few days I thought I had a cold or flu, got tested today for the trip and it was positive for Covid.

Hearing many people being vaccinated yet asymptomatic , yet I had symptoms. So, I'm not being very optimistic about cruises re-opening and latest reports of Asian countries having more outbreaks.....Cancun is going into red stage Tomorrow.......  

• Members

Bad luck, to be sure. At least it is out of the way, so to speak. I was briefly sick with classic COVID symptoms 5 weeks ago, fever etc, almost felt let down when repeated testing two days apart was negative. 

Moderna’s mRNA-1273 —> 90-94% protection, and the difference related to prevention of asymptomatic vs symptomatic is negligible. A sobering reminder that breakthrough cases happen.

Maybe if you are able to access facilities, lab(s) doing genetic sequencing, you can assess for variants of interest in your sample. Or at least search for what they are in the location where you likely acquired infection. If Quintana Roo, could be any strain developing globally. The incidence spike is likely the mixology of folks flocking there cuz the doors have long been flung open to tourists, now pay the piper. 

Hope you didn’t get terribly dinged on cancellation charges.

3 hours ago, msclelovr said:

I hope that you are at least recovering well from the effects of the virus

Mild flu like stuff, headache, muscle ache, runny/stuffed up nose....I guess everyone with their vaccines and false sense of security,  feeling invincible (guilty) ....should think twice about partying/  gathering without a mask still ....:(

On 5/31/2021 at 5:33 AM, floridarob said:

Mild flu like stuff, headache, muscle ache, runny/stuffed up nose....I guess everyone with their vaccines and false sense of security,  feeling invincible (guilty) ....should think twice about partying/  gathering without a mask still ....:(

...sorry to have read about your canceled trip because of CoVID.  I do hope that you get well soon! 

I am continuing to wear my masks until the numbers who have been "vexxed" in California have risen to 90+%.  ...was in Carmel, CA about an hour ago.  Everyone is still wearing masks while out-of-doors and inside businesses as well as restaurants prior to receiving their meals.  By everyone doing this, I felt comfortable.

...visited family in Kansas City a week ago.  We've been vaccinated except for one member.  We kept our distance from him, and while in his company, we donned our masks.

• Members
On 5/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, floridarob said:

Was supposed to leave tomorrow for Brasil....I've had both vaccines (Moderna) and the last few days I thought I had a cold or flu, got tested today for the trip and it was positive for Covid.

Hearing many people being vaccinated yet asymptomatic , yet I had symptoms. So, I'm not being very optimistic about cruises re-opening and latest reports of Asian countries having more outbreaks.....Cancun is going into red stage Tomorrow.......  

I just read this. I am so sorry! I hope you are recovering fast.

Hopefully, I am leaving this weekend to Buenos Aires. I have both Pfizer shots, but I am not going to be careless. Wish me luck, things are really bad down there.