reader

Koh Larn to pilot Pattaya’s reopening

From The Thaiger

koh-larn.jpg

Koh Larn off the coast of Pattaya could be reopening to tourists in the near future. As Thailand prepares to reopen to foreign tourists by October, the Chon Buri island will serve as a pilot project for the area’s reopening.

Pattaya Mayor Sontaya Khunpluem says the city is in favour of the Thai government’s 120-day reopening plan, a goal announced by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha earlier this month.

No proposed reopening date has been reported, but earlier reports list Pattaya to reopen in September. A vaccination campaign has been launched on the island in an effort to inoculate 70% of people on the island, a requirement for reopening.

The Koh Larn reopening pilot project is included in an economic and tourism recovery plan for Pattaya, which was hit hard by the lack of foreign tourists during the pandemic, the mayor says.

Local officials plan to revive domestic tourism in the area before the reopening for international tourists.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/koh-larn-to-pilot-pattayas-reopening-to-tourists

On 6/29/2021 at 4:18 AM, vinapu said:

How tourists get there without contaminating mainland first ? Phuket at least has an airport but Koh Larn International Airport is so tiny it can take drones and fly-kites only

There is no airport in Kho Larn !

The only way to arrive there is by ferry or speed boat from Bali Hai pier Pattaya.

23 hours ago, vaughn said:

I think i would rather stay in Phuket if i was going to do the sandbox thing.

Koh Larn is nice for a visit, I enjoyed taking a boy over there with me as well. A week or two on that island alone.. i'll pass.

Kho Larn and Pattaya are linked together no one talked of doing sandbox only in the Island but to open the Island for arrivals from the mainland Pattaya.