CurtisD

Trials and Tribulations

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

I love this post, not only because it's  Covid-free 

I heard  somewhere that if one is  fully vaccinated can read covid -including posts without risk

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

He has done well out of lockdown! 

he is not alone, at least in material and financial  sense quite a few people and companies did well in pandemics. Like war , it brought misery to many but fatted up few too

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

I tell him- and it is true- that giving money to him gives me happiness.

Strangely, this is true and I think also gives me a clearer perspective on what is important in my life.

Since I have known Bangkok Guy my interest in material possessions has declined.

Let's not take that too far, I am still quite materialistic.

But I now find myself comparing an acquisition with what the same money would mean to Bangkok Guy and the majority of times deciding that the object I am contemplating will not in fact increase my happiness. 

41 minutes ago, CurtisD said:

Since I have known Bangkok Guy my interest in material possessions has declined.

right, being close to somebody with little of material  possessions and still seeing him having happy life clears our mind to a great degree and when we will be gone , whoever will be cleaning our house will be happy that there's so little work to be done dumping all that to Royal Cartage provided trash container

"When we are together it is clear that I am to be looked after."  Yes; my experience is the same, even to the extent of my arm being held when we cross a road, even though my experience as a Londoner makes me far more aware of the dangers of traffic than a farmer from Kamphaeng Phaet, where two tractors are considered  a traffic jam!