ichigo

Thailand Trip (January 2023)

I’m very excited to be going to Thailand again, in January. The last time I was there was in June/July this year which was the first time after a 2.5 year absence. This trip will only be very short as it will be book ended by family commitments in the Philippines and then work commitments back home. 

Thanks to some suggestions here I’ve decided to spend 2 days in Pattaya and 4 days in Bangkok. In Pattaya I originally wanted to stay at Welcome World Beach Resort as I wanted a room with an ocean view, so I messaged them on Line to check what their joiner policy was, but they didn’t get back to me for nearly 2 days so I booked other accommodation in the meantime. Turns out they charge 800 baht for joiners which I’m not really prepared to pay. I ended up booking at the Agate which I have not stayed at before but seems to be positively reviewed. I can just go to the beach during the day.

The last time I was in Jomtien I didn’t have the best time as I was a little unprepared as to how the host bars work, so I’ll read up on that. There are also the apps, which I found to be successful as I met a bar boy there and subsequently offed him 3 times.

As for Bangkok, I’ve booked at the Tarntawan as I’ve stayed there before and I’ve found it comfortable and affordable, and I do like the security aspect that the guys have to leave their ID at the door/reception. 

It’s only a short trip so I plan to fit in as much as I can (might have to start early and have 2 guys per night lol), but I am very much looking forward to it. Trip report to come! 

Tarntawan and Agate! I'm envious.  They were two of the three hotels we stayed in last month and I'm sure you'll be equally delighted. 

If you are interested in swimming, try the smaller of the two pools at Agate. The chances are that you'll be on your own. And take a few minutes to look at the hotel's displays in the corridors. Absolutely fascinating....my partner wouldn't go anywhere without gazing lovingly at the quartz, agate and other precious stones. 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

Let as know how you did as promised

Will do!

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

Tarntawan and Agate! I'm envious.  They were two of the three hotels we stayed in last month and I'm sure you'll be equally delighted. 

If you are interested in swimming, try the smaller of the two pools at Agate. The chances are that you'll be on your own. And take a few minutes to look at the hotel's displays in the corridors. Absolutely fascinating....my partner wouldn't go anywhere without gazing lovingly at the quartz, agate and other precious stones. 

Sounds absolutely delightful and I'm looking forward to checking out all the displays!

I stayed in bangkok 2 weeks in November and 1 week in December, at the Ibis Style Silom (close to CP Tower, 2 min to go to Silom soi 6 massage shops, 5 min to go to Silom soi 4, great great location).

At Ibis Style, no problem to have joiners, they just ignore what you are doing. And this new hotel is packed with gay tourists, many koreans. Can be cruisy between visiting guests contacting each other on Gindr...

At 2100 bahts per night, it is a great place to go IMO.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:14 AM, vinapu said:

you will have fun, rest assured. 

You made right decision, paying 800 baht joiner fee just to see the ocean is a racket

In Agate with good luck you may have a view of pool and lush greenery behind it and no problem with visitors. 

In host bar have a seat, buy yourself a drink and look around. If you see guy you like , invite him over, buy him a drink and if after conversation you still interested ask him if he will go with you . Chances are he will propose first ! You pay off fee 300-500 baht depending on bar and of both ( or three) of you go. 

Let as know how you did as promised

I will be back again in bangkok next January and plan to go to Pattaya. For my first visit there i checked the Avani Pattaya Resort... a great hotel so close to Boyz Town... but do you know if they charge joiners ??

7 minutes ago, MarcSingap said:

I will be back again in bangkok next January and plan to go to Pattaya. For my first visit there i checked the Avani Pattaya Resort... a great hotel so close to Boyz Town... but do you know if they charge joiners ??

I've heard differing things about Avani. I've stayed there once before and had a massage guy come to my room but this was during the day, so I am not sure if it would be any different during the night.

1 minute ago, ichigo said:

I've heard differing things about Avani. I've stayed there once before and had a massage guy come to my room but this was during the day, so I am not sure if it would be any different during the night.

I will stay with a boy from Bangkok, and we like regularly to have 3some... so coming back in my room everynight with 2 Asian boys will get noticed...

15 minutes ago, MarcSingap said:

I stayed in bangkok 2 weeks in November and 1 week in December, at the Ibis Style Silom (close to CP Tower, 2 min to go to Silom soi 6 massage shops, 5 min to go to Silom soi 4, great great location).

At Ibis Style, no problem to have joiners, they just ignore what you are doing. And this new hotel is packed with gay tourists, many koreans. Can be cruisy between visiting guests contacting each other on Gindr...

Ibis Styles sounds great! But I would imagine crossing Silom Road would be a pain. Which is why I don't stay at the Raya anymore because crossing Surawong road was annoying. First world problems I know...

6 minutes ago, ichigo said:

Ibis Styles sounds great! But I would imagine crossing Silom Road would be a pain. Which is why I don't stay at the Raya anymore because crossing Surawong road was annoying. First world problems I know...

Crossing this roads has never been a problem, even little drunk from bars. Because you always have your boy holding hands and taking care of you to be sure you reach your hotel safely...

1 hour ago, MarcSingap said:

Welcome to the forum

thank you for the lead , I'm planning to check it next time I will be there although at 2100 for me seems to be bit costly. I paid 1540 for room with separate bedroom at Furama Sathorn , breakfast included,  in beginning of Nov.

46 minutes ago, ichigo said:

relax , when comes to worst you can always use stairs leading to and from SalaDaeng station. 

I never have problem crossing those two streets and actually have fun diving into all that traffic, skill I acquired in Cairo and polished in Saigon.

46 minutes ago, reader said:

In my experience, the best and safest place to cross Surawong is the crosswalk directly in front of Burger King on one side and Shenanigan's and the opposite side (near Patpong 1).  I used this at least twice a day on my last two trips. It's well-lighted and many pedestrians use it.

right, one just beside 56Suriwong hotel.

On my last trip well past midnight  I saw known boy about to cross it , so I suggested he will go with me. He dumped me saying he is going to dances with his friends.

There's another crosswalk in from of Wall Street building (one that looks like Greek temple and has spacious 7/11 in first, elevated floor, stairs leading to it are known to feature bar boys from time to time and thus may be considers cruisy )

13 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

Crossing this roads has never been a problem, even little drunk from bars. Because you always have your boy holding hands and taking care of you to be sure you reach your hotel safely...

13 hours ago, reader said:

In my experience, the best and safest place to cross Surawong is the crosswalk directly in front of Burger King on one side and Shenanigan's and the opposite side (near Patpong 1).  I used this at least twice a day on my last two trips. It's well-lighted and many pedestrians use it.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

relax , when comes to worst you can always use stairs leading to and from SalaDaeng station. 

I never have problem crossing those two streets and actually have fun diving into all that traffic, skill I acquired in Cairo and polished in Saigon.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

right, one just beside 56Suriwong hotel.

On my last trip well past midnight  I saw known boy about to cross it , so I suggested he will go with me. He dumped me saying he is going to dances with his friends.

There's another crosswalk in from of Wall Street building (one that looks like Greek temple and has spacious 7/11 in first, elevated floor, stairs leading to it are known to feature bar boys from time to time and thus may be considers cruisy )

Thanks for the suggestions! I love that we can discuss the most mundane of topics such as crossing the road…

Since my upcoming trip is only short, I’ve been working on somewhat of an itinerary to make the most of my time (obviously flexible in case I get sidetracked). Just a few questions though:

1. I know this usually comes down to the individual masseur and situation, but which of the soi 6 massage establishments would full service be likely (if any)? I’ve tried M star and received a particularly non-exciting handjob. Prime I definitely won’t expect anything there but will visit every day anyway because it’s such high quality.

2. Same as question 1 but in Jomtien complex as I’ve never had a massage there actually. Only on dongtan beach where the masseur actually tried to fuck me right there in public under a towel. Interesting times..

3. Since time is short, and there are so many dicks to see, I will attempt to off two guys per night which means I’ll need to start early - if I go to the bars at 8pm when they open, will I be the only one there? Or do other people go at that time too? It would just be a bit awkward that’s all lol. 

Thanks fellas.

32 minutes ago, ichigo said:

1. I know this usually comes down to the individual masseur and situation, but which of the soi 6 massage establishments would full service be likely (if any)? I’ve tried M star and received a particularly non-exciting handjob. Prime I definitely won’t expect anything there but will visit every day anyway because it’s such high quality.

I've had enjoyable experiences at the Paradise Massage and the Ma Ha Massage on Soi 6 (right side coming from Silom Rd.)

Recommend talking with prospective masseur before committing to avoid disappointment.

40 minutes ago, ichigo said:

3. Since time is short, and there are so many dicks to see, I will attempt to off two guys per night which means I’ll need to start early - if I go to the bars at 8pm when they open, will I be the only one there? Or do other people go at that time too? It would just be a bit awkward that’s all lol.

If you want your pick of the crop, the early bird gets the worm. Do NOT fret about being awkward or only customer at the time. You'll be in better position to see what guys direct smiles your way. And don't be hesitant to smile back at those who ring your bell.

54 minutes ago, reader said:

I've had enjoyable experiences at the Paradise Massage and the Ma Ha Massage on Soi 6 (right side coming from Silom Rd.)

Recommend talking with prospective masseur before committing to avoid disappointment.

If you want your pick of the crop, the early bird gets the worm. Do NOT fret about being awkward or only customer at the time. You'll be in better position to see what guys direct smiles your way. And don't be hesitant to smile back at those who ring your bell.

I had good experience also at Paradise Massage. With full service (I am top). Tip 1500.

Kon is a muscular versatile Massage boy I can recommend. I tip him 2000 because he is a wonderful bottom who enjoy playing long time...

31 minutes ago, reader said:

@ichigo don't forget waiters at Freshboys are also offable (600 baht fee, others 500).

and  hosts in Hot Male beer bar

50 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

I don't think there'll be any boys available at 8pm. Don't they start work at 9?

they are supposed to be  at 9  but some are showing up much , much earlier. I'd definitely have a peek around 8 in most bars. 

Last month I offed P from Hot Male and twink Mas from Tawan definitely well before even 8.

Strategy I sometimes employ if I like guy but am busy with somebody else is to reserve  guy for later i.e, I will pick you up at 10. 30 or after the show, if they want off fee to secure guy's off  I pay in advance too.