Olddaddy

Be careful on meeting apps

Just had a friend 67yo  here in Australia this morning tell me this morning he had some problems on this meeting apps Tinder .

Apparently he was conversing with what he thought was a 17yo guy , and the person had asked him to send naked pics(which he didn't and lucky )  but what he thought was the 17yo turned out to be a overseas American church group apparently looking for pedophiles .

Now it seems they realised the age of consent in Australia is 16yo and got angry ( according to him ) and somehow sent him links of the church hunting group and told him to keep off the apps they are going to police etc etc which didn't happen

So I heard this also going in in the Philippines where you can be set up but for financial reasons 

Thankfully my fetish is Asian guys usually over 35 so it doesn't concern me .

But ... This is where the Law is hypocrisy..Let me say this as I said to him...DO NOT when conversing with someone you meet on apps who is under 18 but consensual legal age eg 16 , Do NOt send any adult type pics , that is against the Law in sure even in your country !

The apps are being used by these usually fat middle-aged Karen women church women who don't like gay men 

If you follow the Law you cannot go wrong , trouble is most don't know the Law including these far right church groups 

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Just had a friend 67yo  ......had some problems on this meeting apps Tinder . Apparently he was conversing with what he thought was a 17yo guy

The apps are being used by these usually fat middle-aged Karen women church women who don't like gay men 

Polite word will be careless but feel free to consider your friend stupid, conversing on Tinder with somebody that young. Forget about legal niceties

Tinder is not some stamp collecting club or knitting tips site.

In such  a case I'd side with Karens

3 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

My understanding of the law in the UK is that it's illegal to send or possess or download indecent photos of anyone under 18, even if it's two 17 year olds exchanging selfies. And also illegal to pay anyone aged 16 to 18 for sex, though the age of consent is 16 for all, unless one person is in a position of responsibility.  

Seems your Law is the same as Australian Law , so that's where it gets complicated for some and that's where I see people being arrested for this oversight or whatever you call it ,where they are chatting to these 16 or 17yo people on these apps arranging to meet for sex ( non paid ) which is legal ,but this is where they go wrong AND start sending naked pics etc that's the illegal part .