zoomomancs

Is GOD open again in Bangkok?

4 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

I'm in Bangkok but I rarely walk past GOD late at night. Does anyone know if it is open again and, if so, which nights?

It's definitely open though only on the weekend.  It got so crowded on the new year's weekend. Guys even when completely shirtless after 2AM. However, now you have to pay an entrance fee.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:28 AM, hojacat said:

However, now you have to pay an entrance fee.

??? Surely you always did ??  I know I and the queue of people in front and behind me certainly did at the desk located outside the main doors where you gave one guy the money and got the tickets for your "free" drinks at the bar, that was a few years ago now so maybe all changed after Covid ??  

52 minutes ago, NIrishGuy said:

??? Surely you always did ??  I know I and the queue of people in front and behind me certainly did at the desk located outside the main doors where you gave one guy the money and got the tickets for your "free" drinks at the bar, that was a few years ago now so maybe all changed after Covid ??  

There probably was. I only had been twice at G.O.D before December and last time was in 2018. People go to it after DJ and by that time I just wanna head to my hotel with my Thai twink of the night instead of just continuing dancing and drinking. Great place for "party animals" though.

7 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

....... but too smokey for me in the end.

Likewise and that's the main reason I stopped going as the stench of smoke and the smoke in the air while dancing became almost unbearable.

Plus the drug dealing and taking of same was also getting a bit off the scale towards the end of my visits and trust me I'm not the sort of person who would usually give a shit about such things, but between half the guys in there being beyond off their faces and the guys in the corners( and some waiting staff) fairly openly dealing it all just became a bit much of a chore rather than fun  - for me anyway.  

*Mod's if this post is "a bit too much" then do of course please free free to edit or delete as you see fit, but it was my experience at the time.

• Members
On 2/16/2023 at 8:19 AM, scott456 said:

I have fun memories of GOD.  But now I go to Europe for the "real" parties.

@Marc in Calif, no need to be confused, you can just go try those wild parties in Europe.  Now I don't get excited about parties in Asia or Brazil anymore.  I still go to them occasionally, but they would be more of something to kill time rather than having good times, I don't get excited about them.  I am in Brazil now, I chose to relax in my hotel tonight (a Saturday night) rather than going out to a highly recommended club, because I just came from Europe last week and had wild parties there.