redxs

Rio and São Paulo - March 2024

• Members

Hi guys

I've only ever visited Rio and have met up with a few guys off here over there.

I'm looking on visiting Brazil again in March 2024 - don't suppose anyone has plans yet to be over there then?

I'm looking at splitting my trip this time, first week in Rio and my second week in São Paulo. It'll be my first time out of Rio.

In Rio, I usually stay at an Ibis, visit beach in the day, saunas in evening and maybe take a guy back to hotel or out partying.

I'm after some advice and hints for SP though:

- which hotels do you recommend? - any close to saunas and nightlife and OK with bringing guys back (that can be tricky in Rio)

- how how you split your trip - one week in Rio and one week in SP? what day would you recommend arriving in SP? (start of week or end of week for the weekend)

- where is good to hook up and meet guys (I like athletic / muscular guys, young to old)

- any suggestions on how to spend my time in the day, as I say in Rio I can spend the day at the beach but won't be able to do that in SP (I don't speak Spanish)

- what days are best to visit the saunas (I did a timetable foe the Rio ones which is on here - is there a similar one for SP)?

- is there a gay area or are gay bars dotted around the city? any cruise bars, bear bars, twink bars? - I'm used to European nightlifes

Obrigado!

R

• Members
6 hours ago, Lucky said:

You're going to Brazii and you don't speak Spanish? Horrors! But then, Brazilians speak Portuguese.Some can get by in Spanish.

Lol Portuguese!  I was rushing when I wrote this and mixed it up with Colombia where I visited last... I don't speak Portuguese is what I meant to write!

• Members

So I've booked flights from UK for March next year.

I've visited Rio many times so don't need any help or advice there.

First time in SP though - so any advice on where to stay and things to do in the daytime and evening will be appreciated. Also, coffee or beet meets with any of you guys in town at the time.

• Members
5 hours ago, scott456 said:

But there is not much good hotel options in Frei Caneca area.

I'm not sure how fancy a hotel you are looking for but I recommend the Hotel Massis. It used to call itself the Massis 5 Star which was laughable but it is a solid 3-4star. Clean, quiet and well located just off Paulista and easy walking distance to Lagoa.