vortexed

Updated Patpong Go Go Bar Map?

Hi all - 

Thinking of making my first trip back to Bangkok since pre-COVID sometime later this year. 

I've been lurking on the forums for the past couple of years, and I understand that much has changed in terms of the Patpong boy bar scene - the main soi area closing, bars opening, closing, moving, changing names, etc. Can anyone point me toward a current, updated map of the scene? I understand things are more spread out now, as opposed to having most of the bars in one soi. I've always stayed at Le Meridien in the past - would that still be suitably central for nighttime activities (and potentially walking back boys from the bars)?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to finally going back :)

Don't think you'll find any accurate map because of a few recent changes and additions. The good news is that the area is so compact that you really don't need one.

Gay venues when entering from Surawong:

LEFT SIDE:

Screwboy

Freshboy

Red Dragon beer bar (pool table)

Hot Male beer bar (also upstairs beer bar)

Hot Male Go-Go

RIGHT SIDE:

SOL Go-Go

Dreamboy Go-Go

NOTE: Although not exclusively gay (or you may not know it at 2a.m.), Foodland on your left

An up-to-date map would have to be no more than two weeks old, since that new bar, Sol, only opened a little more than two weeks ago. All maps are out of date. As you noted, things are more spread-out now and, although it doesn't include a map, the most useful guide that I am aware of is that Sawatdee thread that I linked to before in the new Dreamboy thread on here. It covers most of the bars, the renamings, relocations etc. and is quite detailed about where what is. It hasn't been updated for quite a while though and there are several changes that have occurred since then but it is useful because it is both comprehensive and concise. See:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22922-Bangkok-Scene-All-Change-but-Same-Same 

The changes since then are:

Screw Boy reopened about six months ago, in its old location on Patpong 2.

A new bar, called Sol, opened on Patpong 2 in the ground floor location that was previously occupied by Dream Boy a couple of weeks ago. See:

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/39457-patpong-comings-and-goings/?do=findComment&comment=362729 

9-Teen Massage has opened on Soi 6, alongside the other massage parlours near the Silom Road end of that soi. I think that makes it five of them in that short stretch.

Also, the New Twilight Bar (aka Queen Club) mentioned in that thread has plunged into the abyss. That's the only one on that list that is no longer around.

Finally, the excellent Surawong Cafe that is recommended in that thread has rebranded as Alley's, and the pizza is as good as described.

If anyone is aware of an up-to-date map or a more up-to-date overview of the scene, please share.

The clearest mapping of this, (though getting a bit out of date now, as it was researched in December 2022) is the blog of Shamelessmack.

He has maps of the Silom/Surawong gay businesses here:

Map of Silom-Surawong area, December 2022 – ShamelessMack2 (travel.blog

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I had an older (August 2022) blog post from Shamelessmack bookmarked, great to see the (December 2022) updated version - will monitor to see if there's another update before I visit in November. 

The old Screwboy was my favorite personally - happy to hear it's reopened. Excited to check out the new places too!