barcelona92

jomtien doubts

next wedensday ill be hiting thailand for first time, on my holidays in bkk and pattaya. thanks at this forum i have my spots to go in bkk decided, but i stiill have my doubts in pattaya, on the massage parlours and gogo bars this forum has a lot of information and helped me very much ... but i would like some advice on the bars in the jomtien complex. wich are the better bars to go ? in wich bar are the better boys to off ? and wich are their fees and how much you pay the house? ... do you recomend me offing the boys from the bar, get them off the apps, or direct go to a massage or gogo bar in boyxtown or sunee ?

thank you very much and if someone of the forum will be in pattaya 19oct to 8nov and want to grab a drink , just tell me 

It will depend on a lot on what environment (bar or gogo) and types of guys you like, but the good news is that everything is close enough to get from one area to the other any night you want to. Just wave down and hop on a baht bus facing the direction you want and pay the 10 baht to the driver when it stops going the direction you want, it's only about 10 mins from central pattaya to jomtien in low traffic.

Jomtien are host bars and massage, so guys will all be sitting in the open and you walk past while they try to pry you into their bar or shop. It can be a little less intimidating than a gogo for newcomers where 10s of guys on stage are staring at you until you bring someone down for a drink.

Boyztown is a mix of gogos like dream boys, toyboys and boysboysboys (among others) and some host bars of a similar style to Jomtien but less hosts usually. A benefit i find with Boyztown is it's a lot more central and you have more at your doorstep.

Sunee is really down to one gogo (for me) Winner Boys which sits down the mostly dark sunee plaza and can vary night to night but usually 5-10 guys, don't expect the big show stage of boys like in regular gogos. it's a more, umm, intimate environment and usually takes a few drinks flowing to get things interesting.

If it's your first time and you have over 2 weeks, i'd split my hotel stays 50/50 between jomtien and boyztown then just take a mototaxi to sunee if you want to go.

Not all guys are on the apps, it can be a good way to fill an hour to see whos around, but if you really want to see whats on offer you need to put foot to pavement anytime after about 9pm for most bars and gogos, after 1pm-ish for massage places. 

The bar that's best is the bar that has the guy who enticed you in for a drink, no one has the same taste as anyone else on here.

Drink prices, off fees and tip expectations, just ask the guy. if the price works then go enjoy your time with them.

drinks in Jomtien 100-150, off fee 300-400, tip expected 1000-1500 short time , 2000, may be more for long time 

in Boyztown drinks in host bars the same as jomtien in go-go 400-500, off fee 500-1000 ( yes , at BoyzBoyzBoyz I was quoted that last time there in May), tips 2000 short time , 3000 long time, BoyzBoyzBoyz boys may ask for more.

You are so many days it should not be problem to visit all 6 go-gos in Boyztown plus both in Sunee ( apart from Winners there's also Nice Boys, very progressive bar )

One walk down the aisle at Jomtien complex and you will know which bar or boy gets your attention, if undecided , take  a drink in any bar and then make another attempt  at survey of realm. After 3 days you will be an expert 

I recommend M bar, it’s parallel to the main soi in jomtien complex. Just look out for anyone you like and have a drink with them, at any bar there. 
And don’t waste time on the apps. Many bad photos and phony ones. Imho, apps are better for expats who can waste time. I live there half the year and only use it to contact my regulars who usually work in the bars.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:16 AM, Shonen said:

And don’t waste time on the apps. Many bad photos and phony ones. Imho, apps are better for expats who can waste time. I live there half the year and only use it to contact my regulars who usually work in the bars.

Really? Gosh it is pretty easy to spot the fakers on the apps. Yes there are some, but they are relatively easy to avoid. At least that has been my experience. Call me cheap if you like but I would rather my money go to the workers themselves rather than to the bar owners who (IMHO) don't offer much value (anymore).