Shonen

Comparable hotels to Tarntawan.

Are there any hotels near silom similar to Tarntawan price wise? I don’t need a fancy place, just close to the area. Aircon and no roaches preferred.

I’ll be there this coming weekend and maybe a tad longer. Had to cancel my credit card so I’ll have to be a walk in. Fortunately I have bank accounts there. Thanks.

I viewed 

i viewed the Rose and walked out as it was not too clean. lobby was ok but not the room.

i can't comment on the others but i have tried TheQuarter Hotel which is modern and new. Great location 👌

3 hours ago, reader said:

I’ve seen the 56 Suriwong rooms. Basic, clean and perhaps the best located hotel in relation to Patpong. 

and in comparizon to Ibis, Quarter Silom or Red Planet rooms are much bigger although sparsely furnished. There was  no safety deposit box in the room  when I was there in May of 2022, it could change though.

You right about location, right across from Patpong 1

50 minutes ago, Milk78 said:

I stayed at the Siam Heritage in an Executive Room last May. I really liked it. Also close to Patpong. I confirmed with hotel before going that visitors are ok. 

Before they had very restricted policy on visitors a guard near the elevator prevented  visitors to enter .

1 hour ago, Milk78 said:

I stayed at the Siam Heritage in an Executive Room last May. I really liked it. Also close to Patpong. I confirmed with hotel before going that visitors are ok. 

that's very good news indeed ! As Boy69 remarked they had reputation of being visitors unfriendly and this is reason I never stay in that hotel. Time to try I guess as location is superb indeed

They have changed the reception lay out (so I am told). The reception is what was in the cafe at the front. The entrance to the lifts is towed the back and had separate key card entry. 

When I wrote to them I was told that as long as they didn't have to open the door then visitors were ok. If they had to let people in you had to pay. I will see if I can find the email and post it here. 

Email I received -

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email, Regarding to the Hotel’s Visitor Policy;

- In case the customer accompany with the visitor to hotel the hotel will not charge any visitor chagre.

- But in case the customer call the visitor come to hotel alone and ask hotel's staff open main door, we have to charge 900THB,

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

that's very good news indeed ! As Boy69 remarked they had reputation of being visitors unfriendly and this is reason I never stay in that hotel. Time to try I guess as location is superb indeed

Not only the location is superb the hotel itself too. Same as you never booked this hotel although I wanted to because of their unfriendly visitors policy. 

I really liked the rooms. I was in the FuramaXclusive before in one of the rooms that @vinapu described - pretty much an apartment. Siam Heritage rooms not nearly that size but very appointed and I really enjoyed it there. Would definitely stay there again. I stayed at the Raya before and liked that as well but would chose Siam over it. Probably cheaper as well as Raya seems very expensive recently. 

20 hours ago, Milk78 said:

Email I received -

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email, Regarding to the Hotel’s Visitor Policy;

- In case the customer accompany with the visitor to hotel the hotel will not charge any visitor chagre.

- But in case the customer call the visitor come to hotel alone and ask hotel's staff open main door, we have to charge 900THB,

That's very good news indeed. I ordered myself to try them next time

On 10/18/2023 at 8:05 AM, reader said:

I’ve seen the 56 Suriwong rooms. Basic, clean and perhaps the best located hotel in relation to Patpong. 

Yes, basic and clean, great location. I walked into Tarntawan first and wasn’t thrilled with the price, they told me it’s cheaper booking with agoda. The boss walked in and gave a better price so I told them I’d let them know in an hour.

But decided to stay at 56 Suriwong because they’re nice here and I’m tired. Only booked one night so maybe I’ll stay at Tarntawan tomorrow for a few days.

I asked the girl about joiners here at 56, and she wasn’t sure, seemed confused. Anyone know the policy here? 

IMG_7353.jpeg

IMG_7352.jpeg

22 hours ago, Shonen said:

But decided to stay at 56 Suriwong because they’re nice here and I’m tired. Only booked one night so maybe I’ll stay at Tarntawan tomorrow for a few days.

I asked the girl about joiners here at 56, and she wasn’t sure, seemed confused. Anyone know the policy here? 

I stay there in Oct  last year and absolutely no problem with visitors. Only think I did not like about it was lack of safety box in the room

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

I stay there in Oct  last year and absolutely no problem with visitors. Only think I did not like about it was lack of safety box in the room

Agree, I love it, booked another night, but no safe is a drag, will have to think of creative hiding place.

I can’t believe I’m finally here! Have a boy booked from Super A, looks well hung. Had a bit of a warm up there last night.

7 hours ago, Shonen said:

Agree, I love it, booked another night, but no safe is a drag, will have to think of creative hiding place.

I can’t believe I’m finally here! Have a boy booked from Super A, looks well hung. Had a bit of a warm up there last night.

have fun !!!

as for safe at 56 Suriwong  , I believe they have boxes on reception by elevator, whether they are free or need to be paid I don't know as  I was there at end of trip with funds quite depleted, lol. 

As for hiding places remember that sometimes darkest spot is right under the lamp. Pockets of shirts or trousers hanging in the closed or being thrown in the corner in laundry bag is what I utilize in such cases. Don't put all your riches in one place though

On 10/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, WelshGuyUK said:
i can't comment on the others but i have tried TheQuarter Hotel which is modern and new. Great location 

So I stayed at the Quarter Hotel on my last night in Bangkok before flying home (less than 12 hours at the hotel).  Agree the location can't be beat.  But I was stunned at how dirty my socks were after walking around the room for just a few minutes 😱  I might would stay there again, but I don't think for more than one or two nights while passing through.  I prefer the Amara, but understand it's probably more pricey than what the OP is asking about.