BoyToyForXL

STD testing and treating in Bogota.

• Members

Hey.

As a young retiree, I've been to Colombia several times this year, with a view to perhaps settling there for the long term (looking for a one year place to rent will be the goal for my january trip) for boys of course, weather during European winters and the way of life.
I'm going back in a few days, for some weeks.

I have multiple and anonymous partners, both paid and unpaid.
I'm taking PrEP but on my first trip this year (on the last few days, hopefully) I got an STI.😱
For the trip that followed, I drastically reduced the number of my partners...:sad:

It's not the first time I've had one (usually one of the three : syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea), I know quickly because I usually have strong symptoms that I quickly recognise as it's always in the throat.
For the antibiotic treatment to work, you need to know what the STI is.

Having an STI is one thing but being positive and contaminate other guys is another, so testing is essential.
In my country / city testing is easy, quick and free of charge for sex workers (includind foreigners) and LGBT people.

I was wondering if there were any places in Bogota where to get tested anonymously (especially for strangers with a low level in spanish language, let's say A2-), discreet, free of charge or not and treated if positive.

If not, does anyone know how STD testing and treatments work in Bogota?
At what cost approx?

A big thank you.

I don't know the answer to the testing site question, but I suggest you research Doxy PeP/ PReP and add that to your largely prevents bacterial STIs, leaving only the herpes virus as aN STI to worry about.

I took 100mg/day

Prescribe 200 mg of doxycycline taken within 72 hours (ideally within 24 hours or as soon as possible) after condomless oral, anal, or vaginal sex. Doxycycline can be taken daily depending on sexual activity, but no more than 200 mg every 24 hours

• Members
7 hours ago, maump said:

I don't know the answer to the testing site question, but I suggest you research Doxy PeP/ PReP and add that to your largely prevents bacterial STIs, leaving only the herpes virus as aN STI to worry about.

I was not aware of these.
Thanks for the information.

I'm not  pro Pep..... no long term data, there's only abut 2/3 chance of prevention and drugs in the Tetracycline class, are harsh. 

I'm glad antibiotics exist and there's a reason that even in many 3rd world countries, they require prescriptions for them. Antibiotic resistant everything and messing up you gut  microbiome, will make you regret it down the line.

That's my feelings, you do you......

Yep and having had a family member die this very week from picking up a simple infection when in hospital which turned into sepsis  - and this after they were flooded with just about every antibiotic humanly possible, I can confirm that antibiotics certainly aren't a get out of jail free card any longer 😞

• Members

Boys, I'm talking about infections of STD in the throat. 😇

I always inspect cocks before sucking, unfortunately these infections aren't always visible, and boys may not even know they're ill.

Except practicing oral sex with condom I don't know how to avoid when dating lots of boys, especially rent boys.
I had no intention of taking antibiotics without getting sick.

The original posting was about STD testing in Bogota in order to get a treatment and above all avoid contaminations of other guys.

• Members

I don't understand what you mean.

You can carry chlamydia, gonorrhea and/or syphilis for weeks / months and even years without knowing and keep on spreading it : sex workers, clients, classic partners, regular or not, ...
Some people have symptoms, others don't,
After all, syphillis is also known as the great simulator / imitator.

Hence the importance of regular testing.

1 hour ago, BoyToyForXL said:

You can carry chlamydia, gonorrhea and/or syphilis for weeks / months and even years without knowing and keep on spreading it : sex workers, clients, classic partners, regular or not, ...

I think were the selling points of safe sex..........HIV is still a thing as well.

2 hours ago, BoyToyForXL said:

above all avoid contaminations of other guys.

So, not above all.... but in case you get infected, knowing or not, like in the above quote....how many would you have infected in the meantime?

Look, we all take risks, I don't always wear a seatbelt while seated inflight..... but to try to sound like you're taking the necessary precautions while you're not, is hypocritical.

If you go into it with eyes open and the other side does too, it takes 2 to tango...good luck to all involved, but make sure the other party knows that you've been messing around and he's not your first or when you were last tested. Will they do the same, who knows.

Back on looking for a fix of Pep for being a whore......don't think there is enough evidence to make it worth the potential problems down the road.

• Members

Wow, seriously?

English isn't my first language so I don't understand your point and if there's any nuance or if you're only judging 😱 🤮.
It sounds very sanctimonious and patronising to me, isn't it?

Safe sex with oral sex? 🤦‍♂️
These STIs have been around for hundreds of years...

Darling, I am literally part of the AIDS generation.
I've had sex with over 1,500 guys in almost four decades including over thirty five years of safe sex.
I'm still HIV negative so I'm pretty sure I don't need advice about it 😂.
This my life, my choices and you have absolutely no right to judge.

And above all, I'm always wary of those who preach or give lessons...😉

So if you have any information regardless my first post, be my guest.
If not then have a nice end of day.

31 minutes ago, BoyToyForXL said:

Darling, I am literally part of the AIDS generation.

As am I

31 minutes ago, BoyToyForXL said:

I'm still HIV negative

As am I

32 minutes ago, BoyToyForXL said:

This my life, my choices and you have absolutely no right to judge.

Your words "above all avoid contaminations of other guys."

your life, your choices.....and your sexual partners? especially ones that do it for money and aren't part of the Aids generation. I'm not judging you, just pointing out what you said....you don't want to contaminate guys AND then unfortunately these infections aren't always visible, and boys may not even know they're ill....nor might you 🧐

40 minutes ago, BoyToyForXL said:

And above all, I'm always wary of those who preach or give lessons...

You are aware we're on the internet in a public forum......did you expect a round of applause?

Re-read you initial post.....maybe you'll understand, if you typed it without Google Translate, the English is fine.

btw, Guys in 3rd world countries generally don't have access to great free health care like in Europe, so when you've found out you had something, you can't let  your anonymous partners know...I guess it's up to them to figure it out.

• Members

Oh putain le boulet.
To be polite I'd say you are definitly not the sharpet knife of the drawer as you don't even understand the first post and the purpose of testing in general.

Now I'm pretty sure you are a bigot : gives lesson in public and acts as a devil in private, but definitively not the "good" smoking hot devil obviously.

You are totally irrespectful. Who do you think you are?
Do you really think your 💩 doesn't stink?
You're no better than the fundamentalists of any religion : stupidity, ignorance and obscurantism.

The use of "3rd world" which is a term not to be used anymore (repeat after me : Least developed countries) is significant and perfectly demonstrates your narrow mind.
Same for Google translate, Darling there are far much better tools thant GT nowadays, are you a caveman?
I said I didn't understand your tone as a non english speaker. Now I know it was mean.

For the record, in my previous trips to Bogota this year I noticed posters about HIV and maybe other STIs testing campaigns but I did not pay enough attention.
So stop beeing condescending (assimilating Colombia with the 3rd world, WTF?) to other countries you don't know.
You don't show your home base country on your profile but I have a little idea...

You have info on Colombia STI prevention? Talk.
You don't? Shut up.

The all-knowing guy. Perfect illustation of you don't want my opinion, but I'll give it to you anyway.🤦‍♂️
If you're a nolife, there's nothing I can do about it, please stop polluting others topics and offer you a real life.

Pity I can't blacklist you.
You will keep on spreading your vomitous 🤮 morals and I will be force to read your pathetic logorrhea.
Best thing to do : don't feed the trolls. I won't answer to you anymore.

Dont feed troll.jpg

In a bid to stem the resurgence of sexually transmitted infections, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to recommend doxycycline, a widely used antibiotic, for use after an unprotected sexual encounter.

The antibiotic would be taken only by gay and bisexual men and transgender women who have had an S.T.I. within the previous year or who may be at risk for one. The scientific evidence is too limited to recommend the strategy, called doxy-PEP, to all people who might be exposed to infection-causing bacteria during sex.

The agency released draft guidelines on Monday and plans to finalize them after a 45-day public comment period.

6 hours ago, BoyToyForXL said:

Now I'm pretty sure you are a bigot :

You figured me out 🙄.....at least you disclosed you were French up front.

You can block me, please do...

6 hours ago, BoyToyForXL said:

Do you really think your 💩 doesn't stink?

I guess you're not the brightest bulb, I asked you to re-read your original post:

On 10/31/2023 at 12:32 PM, BoyToyForXL said:

I have multiple and anonymous partners, both paid and unpaid.
I'm taking PrEP but on my first trip this year (on the last few days, hopefully) I got an STI.😱

It's not the first time I've had one (usually one of the three : syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea), I know quickly because I usually have strong symptoms that I quickly recognise as it's always in the throat.

Ok, so you've admitted that this happens frequently enough that you can recognize the symptoms quickly....WTF, how often you've been infected/infected others before learning to use a condom?

but being positive and contaminate other guys is another, so testing is essential.

So here, you try to sound concerned for the other guys, what a load of shit, if they are anonymous how do you let them know if you tested positive? 

Do you get tested after every encounter, smh

5 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

So if you take prep for hiv, are vaccinated against HPV, hepatitis B; tested for hepatitis C, and take doxy for other STIs, you are the safest sex partner possible for others and you protect yourself best. Condom only do not provide such protection.

Is he really? Pep is only 66% effective at best with long term problems still unknown.

"It's not the first time I've had one (usually one of the three : syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea), I know quickly because I usually have strong symptoms that I quickly recognise as it's always in the throat."

You can try to say whatever about me, I've been contributing a lot longer here, and good or bad, arrogant or jokester........I've admitted when I was wrong or mistaken, so far you've only made assumptions and name called....stick to the original question and my response, no need to go off in all other directions, that's my thing, lol

PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV.

• PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by about 99% when taken as prescribed.
  • Although there is less information about how effective PrEP pills are among people who inject drugs, we know that PrEP pills reduce the risk of getting HIV by at least 74% when taken as prescribed. Currently, PrEP shots are not recommended for people who inject drugs.
  • PrEP is less effective when not taken as prescribed.

source: CDC

• Members
9 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

So if you take prep for hiv, are vaccinated against HPV, hepatitis B; tested for hepatitis C, and take doxy for other STIs, you are the safest sex partner possible for others and you protect yourself best. Condom only do not provide such protection.

Pep does not exist in France for now and it's also not allowed to buy antibiotics without a prescription.
I'm pretty sure I'm too old for HPV vax but I never asked my doctor.

I guess I will have to do the old fashion way then : symptoms, tests (as in my case symptoms may also be those of other classic illnesses), treatment (as it's not the same antibiotics for Syph, Gono or Chla). 😂
I will talk to my Colombians partners, they will tell me the way testing works.

It's still in studies...... Antibiotic resistance is a real threat, drug companies haven't spent the money on new antibiotics that needs to be.

“It will be important to monitor the impact of doxy-PEP on antibiotic resistance over time and weigh this against the demonstrated benefit of reduced STIs.”

The presentation at 2023 CROI, given on Feb. 20, examined antimicrobial resistance during doxy-PEP use in gonorrhea and two other types of bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus that lives on the skin and non-disease-causing Neisseria species that live in the throat.

When the researchers looked at a subset of the participants who were diagnosed with gonorrhea while they were in the study, they found more tetracycline resistant gonorrhea in those on doxy-PEP than in those who were not taking it (30% vs 11%). This suggests that doxy-PEP may be less protective against strains of gonorrhea that already have tetracycline resistance. Larger population-based studies will be needed to understand if doxy-PEP use increases tetracycline resistance in gonorrhea.

tetracycline resistance in gonorrhoea is not as widespread in the US as it is in France or the UK.

Just don't complain when you get a resistant strain on Gonorrhea....and you'll remember this dimwits comments.

20 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

In Colombia, buy doxy in pharmacy (no prescription required). Yes, its not 100% protection, but still significant.

Sorry about my ignorance , doxy has to be use after STI infection or as a protection in advance to avoid STI ?

Just now, Boy69 said:

Sorry about my ignorance , doxy has to be use after STI infection or as a protection in advance to avoid STI ?

My understanding is afterwards in both instances,  Doxy pep is like a morning after pill, however for Gonorrhea it's not the treatment nor highly effective as Pep

• Members
19 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

For decades, antibiotics are used against bacterias, meaning after infection.
Antibiotics against STIs are not always the same family, it depends on the STI itself.

About Doxy pep, I don't know, it's too new but yes, it's supposed to be used in advance to avoid some STIs (obviously, antibiotics don't work against viral STIs such as HIV, hepatitis B, HPV, ...).