floridarob

Pattaya Day 3 Jan 2024

6 hours ago, floridarob said:

We went to sleep about 6am and woke up at noon, went to lunch nearby here, if you like Thai food, there is this little hole in the wall place you'd never find unless you're looking for it.

I had Pad Kaprow pork with 2 fried eggs, he had seafood tom yum, 2cokes and bill was 190 baht....is maybe my favorite Thai restaurant at the moment, found it when I was here in Sept. 

It's not even listed on Google Maps.....was part of the reason I stayed in Boystown area instead of Jomtien....

https://maps.app.goo.gl/dpS7ynM9XrnwibPh9

It's the place with the green awning, I think they're closed on Monday.

Green awning and a red sign saying "ผักบุ้งลอยฟ้า SEAFOOD" on Second Road, with an alley from Soi 13/3, looks like this?

3 hours ago, reader said:

Doesn't his union require a 10-minute break every 45 minutes?

He's new, not in the union yet...

58 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Green awning and a red sign saying "ผักบุ้งลอยฟ้า SEAFOOD" on Second Road, with an alley from Soi 13/3, looks like this?

No, across the street, up the alley and turn left, 1st shop down.

The place you showed has tourists prices, but is good,  service is usually bitchy.....doesn't open until 5pm.

@floridarob's map location was clear enough. It's as he described - a single shop unit in a small road parallel to Second Road. The only difficulty some may have is his description of "green awning". Colour descriptions don't always work for those of us who are colour-blind.

The restaurant that @thaiophilus indicated is a totally different one, on Second Road itself, known as "Pakboong loy fah" a.k.a. Flying Vegetables Restaurant. I don't know if they do the flying vegetables act anymore. It was quite a thrill.

8 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

@floridarob's map location was clear enough. It's as he described - a single shop unit in a small road parallel to Second Road. The only difficulty some may have is his description of "green awning". Colour descriptions don't always work for those of us who are colour-blind.

Thanks. I now see my problem, which isn't colour vision. The map location is clear enough, but Google's interpretation of it may depend on who you are, or something in your search history. When I followed @floridarob's link, Google tried to take me to "Fortune Pharmacy" which I now see is the shop next door, but for reasons known only to Google,  it actually centred the map on a completely different pharmacy. Here is where it should have gone.