Canadianbtmguy

Rates for Meeting (Brazilian) GPs outside Brazil

On Wednesday I will be in Paris, as is one of the guys I met on my last trip to Rio (I describe him my last rip report https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/47718-são-paulo-sophomore-and-freshman-for-rio/page/2/#comments as the guy I had over on Sun/Mon/Tues of my last week. There at my place I paid him 300$R/hour with the idea that we would go multiple hours (I'm not a wham bam thank you man). To my recollection he stayed something like 2.5h, 1.5h, and 2.5h on those nights. In Paris he seems to be charging 200eur (over 1000 reais), which seems a bit above market for Barcelona (150eur incalls), although it's been 9 months since I was in BCN and also Paris may be higher. So what should I offer him? I can think of several analyses.

First, I should mention that I have a trip to Brazil in 6 weeks, and I'm not sure that I would even want one hour at 200 eur. Probably I would take one hour but no more. In some ways it depends on the opportunity cost of his time there. If he is succeeding and/or just loving being in Paris his opportunity cost could be quite high. I will tell him that I am very flexible as to the time and that he should feel free to "relegate me to low demand times" as it were, so as not to deplace any full-price Frenchies. On the other hand, his  opportunity cost could be quite low. A really stunning GP also mentioned in that post (the very tall one) went to Europe, failed spectacularly (maybe because the tall guy spoke no other language whereas the guy in Paris is English-fluent) and ended up sleeping for several days in Orly airport until I rescued him with a mileage ticket back to Brazil. Sleeping at Orly, he would have been all too happy to have a client for even 300 reais/hour (and, if he is to be believed, even accepted--twice--a room and board for work exchange at a restaurant in Martinique, just to avoid having to sit around his mother's house in a podunk town in the interior).

So, I am thinking of offering a compromise at 500 reais/hour, again with the understanding that several hours is ideal and that I am completely flexible as to cancellations and reschedulings (as well as I am largely available in the low-demand morning and early afternoon). By the hour, he would make only half his Parisian rate, but with, say, a 2.5 hour session 2 days in a row, he could come out with 500 eur, all by the time Parisians are having their déjeuner. Sound fair?

1 hour ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

Sound fair?

Sounds complicated.....the 1st mistake was paying by the hour in Brasil, I've run into some guys in various countries  within the last year or 2 that quoted me by the hour and I wondered , where the fuck they coming up with this?

I offer by the "session"....it's not like we're going to fuck the entire 2 or 3 hours, same like a short time in Thailand....a flat rate, to go to dinner, have some drinks or to a club with sex or somewhere during the session.

I've had guys quote by the hour and then when I explain the short time basics to them, most have agreed in Brasil, Mexico, Panama and Colombia....and the ones that stuck to the by the hour scheme, I thanked and let them go on their way....maybe to sleep on an airport floor 🤷‍♀️

SO my suggestion would be to offer a flat rate and tell him, we'll do like we used to do in Brasil, just spend some time together and have fun....?

I can sympathize - I too tend to over analyze and cross border type hiring makes this more complex. If we've kept in touch and he remembers me, I may reach out and see what his asking rate would be to hang out- basically stressing that I want a repeat of previous meet. If it is beyond what I am willing to pay, I would politely decline, make up some excuse to spare his feelings, wish him well and perhaps reach out again when he is back in home country. I never try to negotiate and avoid making him feel like he isn't worth the asking price at all costs. 

princess-bride-westley-polite-bow-yes-ma-am-cg5orjnhzwmybgdj.gif.be2b36a3a778f9e7ffa29c93b764fbe2.gif

7 hours ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

In Paris he seems to be charging 200eur (over 1000 reais), which seems a bit above market for Barcelona (150eur incalls),

market rates vary and so do prices , rents etc.

One doesn't need to travel far to see differences. 800 baht  " massage"  tip in soi 6 would be considered cheap, travel 20 minutes to Saphan Kwai and this is exactly what many 'therapists" are quoting

• Members
9 hours ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

In Paris he seems to be charging 200eur (over 1000 reais), which seems a bit above market for Barcelona (150eur incalls),

This is the current rate in Paris for really good looking guys. Funny thing, I chatted today with a Brazilian I met many times in Rio Sauna (I met him first time in 2017 and he is more a friend now). He is very good looking, with a muscular body. He is gold on rentmen. He has a very nice personnality and now speaks some English. 

I tried to meet him in Paris, but it was extremely difficult since he was extremely busy. We were to meet yesterday for lunch but he had to cancel since he spent the nite with a client. He proposed to delay to 2 pm, but making clear that he had another appointment at 3 pm. I proposed to meet after his appointment, but he said that he had another appointment at 6 pm and then went to spend the nite with a customer ... 

He charged 200 Euros for outcalls and 150 Euros at his place. For outcalls, he did not accept to take the metro but asked to be picked up and taken back by taxi ... 

If he were less successfull and somehow struggling to have business, he might accept lower prices. It is really an offer and demand situation of a given boy. 

In the past, after his first trip to Europe, he made it clear to me that he would not accept in Brazil the local Brazilian prices but some intermediate price between European and Brazilian prices ... 

• Members
8 hours ago, floridarob said:

Sounds complicated.....the 1st mistake was paying by the hour in Brasil, I've run into some guys in various countries  within the last year or 2 that quoted me by the hour and I wondered , where the fuck they coming up with this?

I offer by the "session"...

I never ever accept a "by the hour business". We define a session and then agree on a session price. 

12 hours ago, floridarob said:

I offer by the "session"....it's not like we're going to fuck the entire 2 or 3 hours, same like a short time in Thailand....a flat rate, to go to dinner, have some drinks or to a club with sex or somewhere during the session.

Well, actually <blush> I do like to fuck 2 or 3 hours...or more <double blush> In Brazil, I wouldn't mind if he (or the other guy I used the same "incentive plan" on went, say 5 hours for 1500 reais. I cant say that happened, I wore them out <blush again> One other guy from garotocomlocal who was no spring chicken, and not really a beauty either, (I was a little disappointed when he arrived) but a great fuck and I'd have to say played me to a draw after about 4 hours. He stopped, but another maybe 10 min and I wouldve had to call "uncle". That was on the session price of 300, but most guys if they are getting paid by the session I think are going to wrap it up at no more than an hour. True, most is not all....😆

So, I just sent this as I'm boarding...Hey, I was just going to let you know when I'll be free so you can keep it in mind, but you don't need to decide now. I arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) around 9, so I should be free from say 11 to around 14. The next day (Wednesday) I'll be free even longer maybe from 10 to 16.

What I was thinking to bridge the gap between the Brazilian price and the prix a la francaise is a sort of compromise....I don't know how busy you are, so consider me a low-priority, second-class client ;) If you get a French cash cow feel free to postpone or cancel me, so that you are only sacrificing time, but not money to meet me. Even when you are with me feel free to answer your messages, leave early, whatever. In Brazil we were doing 300 reais/hr with idea that (if you want) it could be several hours. The rates in Barcelona are about 150eur/hour, maybe a little higher in Paris, I would imagine. So how's 500reais/hr, again with the expectation it would be several hours so that in the end it would be a lower hourly, but could add up to more in the end, again on the proviso that you can just meet me whenever you have "spare time"? If not this week, I will back May 16. And finally, if it doesn't work out here I will be back in Rio June 10 :)

So, after I sent it I had a moment of melancholy that such a beautiful thing as sex and turned it into  +2x +3. But I was an economics major, and I really do see the importance of incentives in affecting behavior. And I do hate the possibility of ambiguity and on the spot negotiation. Anyway, he responded that he was busy that day but that we should spend the afternoon together the next day. He contacted me the next morning, and I said I would leave my place around 1, he wrote me around 1, I said I was leaving soon, would be there before 2, a little while later he postponed me to 2:30 (presumably he had a client, but that's exactly what I said I was fine with). He was typically friendly, he said things were going well, that once he advertised in hunqz, not just rentmen, things really took off, the french guys were into a lot of really hard core stuff like fisting. The surprising (and disappointing) thing was that our sex became kind of harder too. When I described meeting in Brazil, I described it as lovemaking: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/47718-são-paulo-sophomore-and-freshman-for-rio/?do=findComment&comment=387955 Whereas, in Paris, we fucked. I mean it was pretty good, about hour and a half, him hard the whole time, but really the difference was the kissing. Such an eager kisser in Rio and with his eyes open, a month later he more just tolerated my kisses than really got into them. It was a marked difference, although there could be many explanations; the question is if the passionate ones are gone for good. Alas, the condoms were still there (surely many hardcore Parisians look askance at that). I will probably see him again when I return to Paris at the end of my trip. As far as my proposal though, it seemed to work fine. He kind of wrapped it up after about an hour and a quarter (I don't know if he was tired or had someone else coming.) That would have only been about 900 reais but I did leave him the full 200 euros, I'm not quite sure why...I guess it was still a darn good experience although at the same time disappointing as it wasn't a great one like the ones in Brazil

• Members

Condom-protected insertive intercourse is a wise move on his part in order to reduce STI incidence, particularly as I gather he accepts condomless insertive (he being ‘top’) oral sex, in which case his risk of urogenital gonorrhea refractory to standard treatment is high (especially given high incidence in Paris).

Deep kissing is always a bonus given the virtual impossibility of behaviourally mitigating pharanygeal-pharyngeal transmission. Although I suspect that being on daily PrEP your STI screening accompanying HIV testing for renewed dispensing is very regular. IMHO there is no payment sufficiently compensatory for complicated gonorrhea infection (or pleasure on our part, for that matter), and Doxycycline is now out of the running for that STI’s prophylaxis at a substantial level.

I don’t know if you have been vaccinated against HPV; see next. I myself feel relieved that my own inoculation reduces the overall gifting of HPV from punters to sex workers. 

Perhaps somebody would be agreeable to reaching out to him, preferably face-to-face, in order to review Human Papilloma Virus including its oncogenic subtypes and associated vaccination options. I am not about to message him on RM, Hunqz, or WhatsApp out of the bleu. He and his spouse have unlikely been vaccinated with Gardasil9 as its rollout in Brazil has been late to the party and appears to have been limited to school-age children/adolescents. He and she still have a long way to go temporally in which urogenital, anal, cervical cancer etc can manifest owing to HPV infection. Him being a sex worker escalates incidence probability.

• Members
On 5/2/2024 at 2:12 PM, Canadianbtmguy said:

So, after I sent it I had a moment of melancholy that such a beautiful thing as sex and turned it into  +2x +3. But I was an economics major, and I really do see the importance of incentives in affecting behavior. And I do hate the possibility of ambiguity and on the spot negotiation. Anyway, he responded that he was busy that day but that we should spend the afternoon together the next day. He contacted me the next morning, and I said I would leave my place around 1, he wrote me around 1, I said I was leaving soon, would be there before 2, a little while later he postponed me to 2:30 (presumably he had a client, but that's exactly what I said I was fine with). He was typically friendly, he said things were going well, that once he advertised in hunqz, not just rentmen, things really took off, the french guys were into a lot of really hard core stuff like fisting. The surprising (and disappointing) thing was that our sex became kind of harder too. When I described meeting in Brazil, I described it as lovemaking: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/47718-são-paulo-sophomore-and-freshman-for-rio/?do=findComment&comment=387955 Whereas, in Paris, we fucked. I mean it was pretty good, about hour and a half, him hard the whole time, but really the difference was the kissing. Such an eager kisser in Rio and with his eyes open, a month later he more just tolerated my kisses than really got into them. It was a marked difference, although there could be many explanations; the question is if the passionate ones are gone for good. Alas, the condoms were still there (surely many hardcore Parisians look askance at that). I will probably see him again when I return to Paris at the end of my trip. As far as my proposal though, it seemed to work fine. He kind of wrapped it up after about an hour and a quarter (I don't know if he was tired or had someone else coming.) That would have only been about 900 reais but I did leave him the full 200 euros, I'm not quite sure why...I guess it was still a darn good experience although at the same time disappointing as it wasn't a great one like the ones in Brazil

What is his name on rentmen ?