vinapu

Impressions from NOv 2013 trip - massage places, regrets and waring signs

Thanks for the excellent report.

If using oil or cream treatments keep in mind that you may  get rash from time to time from exposure to fragrances your skin may not like

I have sometimes found that problem too & would like to find some way to avoid it.

Am tempted to bring something with antiseptic properties, like tea tree oil.

Thanks for the excellent report.

I have sometimes found that problem too & would like to find some way to avoid it.

Am tempted to bring something with antiseptic properties, like tea tree oil.

They wouldn't mind if you bring your own oil or cream, my favourite is peppermint for it's cooling feeling and a nice tingle in more sensitive areas. Some places had no-fragrance  cream or baby oil / Magnolia /  when asked .

Fabulous detailed report!  Might even make me try a few more massages on my upcoming trip!!

I'm glad you liked it, I  was thinking about breaking it for few parts  for better read but I think one piece story makes better sense even if too long

Guest Markblue

Great report Vinapu, Iiteraly hooked on reading your posts and I'm quite sad to reach the end of your final report :(

Do massage places allow couples to book a VIP room with 3 masseurs I.e. if I walk in with a buddy of mine can we ask go be in the same room?

Also, when you say showers are outside of the room does that mean other clients will be walking by?

I also wanted you to ask a silly question since I have a strong undies fetish, would the boys accept it if I offer to buy their undies? I know it might sound stupid but it's just a question I always had in mind.

I have been to Senso before and enjoyed the massage and happy ending, I visited urban male though and my experience was somewhat ordinary.

Thanks again for the great reporting!

Great report Vinapu, Iiteraly hooked on reading your posts and I'm quite sad to reach the end of your final report :(

Do massage places allow couples to book a VIP room with 3 masseurs I.e. if I walk in with a buddy of mine can we ask go be in the same room?

Also, when you say showers are outside of the room does that mean other clients will be walking by?

I also wanted you to ask a silly question since I have a strong undies fetish, would the boys accept it if I offer to buy their undies? I know it might sound stupid but it's just a question I always had in mind.

I have been to Senso before and enjoyed the massage and happy ending, I visited urban male though and my experience was somewhat ordinary.

Thanks again for the great reporting!

If you are sad just imagine how sad was I when boarding plane to return exactly 1 week ago ! But hope of return some day keeps me breathing.

As for your question I don 't see any problem as long as they will have boys willing to work together. Some VIP or even ordinary rooms are quite spacious. From what I saw  certainly Hero, Magnolia and Magic Hands  had rooms spacious enough.

But this is question you need to ask directly when there as some boys are not as adventurous. One of my regular boys rejected flat out idea of 4 hands massage even with boy from another place and you don't want to force boys to do things they don't like even if they agree out of need for money as this is not a receipt for good encounter.

Showers outside of room exactly mean they possibly you may cross your path with another clients but where's problem? You will be draped in towel anyway and so will them. Likely they saw you in the lobby minutes ago anyways. You will not be showering with them,. Usually if there's congestion boys are keeping their clients in room /cubicle until shower will become available so discretion is maintained somehow.

As for your fetish question there's  nothing stupid , likely boys saw and heard it all and much more, just ask the boy. I can see they will be happy to trade undies for cash. I'd have pair of new ones just in case they agree right away so you can give them something to were till end of working day.  Word of warning-Thai boys are extremely clean so if you are looking for "man scent " on their undies you may arrange for this beforehand so they will wear it for a while.

On occasion when I'm getting close to their undies they always and I do it often as I consider boy in undies more sexy than plain naked , their garments smell fresh and clean even at end of day.

Your comment  just placed UrbanMale on my list of places to visit on my next trip.

Good extensive report, indeed approaching shamefullMack. How dit you find these places?

That personal experience can differ I can confirm. I was not so happy with Hero, nor with dirty unkempt Arena.

In the more Thai style places you do not discuss tips, for Thai the stated min. is simply the tip expected.

If you come back, my rec. would be a little further along Sukhumvit; Albury, Jey. Banana is just 1 of many in the tourist zone Sukhumvit, but has indeed a very informative owner, a Singy guy named Calvin.

Thank you very much, comprehensive by my standards. Can't ask for more detail.

Regarding masseur starting nude or gradually undressing, my (limited in comparison to you, about 15 massages in this entire year) experience is difference. One started shirtless, all others were fully dressed and stayed fully dressed, until I requested they take off shirt and trousers. Even one massage that was called "body to body"! Not a problem, as I like running my hands over and under boys' shirts and shorts before taking them off, but during massage they are out of reach.

Good extensive report, indeed approaching shamefullMack. How dit you find these places?

That personal experience can differ I can confirm. I was not so happy with Hero, nor with dirty unkempt Arena.

In the more Thai style places you do not discuss tips, for Thai the stated min. is simply the tip expected.

If you come back, my rec. would be a little further along Sukhumvit; Albury, Jey. Banana is just 1 of many in the tourist zone Sukhumvit, but has indeed a very informative owner, a Singy guy named Calvin.

Cleanliness was generally very good, in few  places  / Sun, X-size Massage / showers could be cleaner  , I guess I have higher tolerance for dirt backpacking thorough Thirld World countries for most of my vacations during quite a long  life. Sheets and towels always clean everywhere - this I'd notice. 

Arena saw better days but since I like the place I may overlook peeling paint in the lobby.

General impression I have is that lower the price , less kempt place is, there's logic in it, right. Notable exception - Bangkok Massage and Magnolia which may be pricey for PTY but not compared to BKK.

If tips were discussed it was  when boy offered extra and stated price, few times I asked boys how much they want but answer was always expected  ''up to you".

One of Pattaya  massage boys quoted 5000 for long time out of blue, settled fast for half which was too much for PTY but I was kind of salivating over prospective night together and felt generous. Turned out dud with nice body though.

Only disagreement over tip was my last night off where boy clearly was expecting more than 3000 offered but I stand my ground. This is my personal max for long time never crossed so far.

You are right -stated minimum it's what they universally expect , tested this few times and watched face expression. But if I'm happy I pay more and others should too IMHO specially if full monty is included in the package. Short time with massage boy should be about the same like with go-go. He is not parading in his speedos but works hard for  his tip- as noted , not even one massage was 'pat of the cat ' quality. And need to put up with farangs wandering hands too

Generally I feel blessed as rarely I have price arguments and only once in 9 trips it turned heated / this trip with one of Dreamboys, details in Off to Thailand thread /.

I'm not one of those tourists who are  infesting markets all over the world squeezing last halfpenny out of locals for sake of getting best available deal  for cola or mango trying to get lowest local price, neither I'm stupid first timer willing to pay $ 4 for banana just because I'm asked.  

I will follow your Sukhumvit recommendation in future, was in Albury at old soi 11 location few years back and on this trip all 4 places I visited in the area I left smiling and happy.

Calvin at Banana is really classy owner - I think he takes good care of his boys. I liked his comment that tip for longer time should be higher to be fair to everybody and when I told him I'm happy with repeat  with one of his boys he mused that I should try others too. 

Thank you very much, comprehensive by my standards. Can't ask for more detail.

Trying to pay back for all info I got from this board over the years when I was reader only. I hope old hands like it but really write with newbies in mind.  

Traveler by heart I'm always thrilled to compare place I read about with real when finally there. 

Your standards are very high so thank you for a compliment.

I have different method of accounting and spending control though. I count money in the morning when boy left, compare to previous day count - this way I know what I spent, doesn't matter it was beer , pear or condom.   

When leaving room I have always fixed amount of cash on me- to avoid overspending when excited or losing everything to theft or neglect.    In LOS it's 4200 during day, 400 more when hitting bars at night.

Great great great report! I hope you will try Albury and V Club 7 in your next adventure in Bangkok. PS: i am a Senso fan, but lately the number of boys has dwindled down, some have ran off working in other massage places. Bummer!

I will. You may be right about boys at Senso, with their prices it may be not enough traffic, I met on eat FanCLUB -former A from Senso  now Man / that's his nick /  there.  

I was disappointed as none of three boys I was salivating over their website was available when there but still they had impressive line up - 6 boys only at 4 p.m. all 1 st class look wise.

I see some justification for their prices , the same goes with Dreamboys.

Thanks Vinapu for that great article.

I agree completely with you about Banana, in the past few years it's the only place I visit when in Bangkok. Mr Kevin is a great wealth of information and I have the same guy every time I visit.

Looking forward to my week there over Christmas and then a fortnight in Pattaya when your article will be of much value.

Thanks Vinapu for that great article.

I agree completely with you about Banana, in the past few years it's the only place I visit when in Bangkok. Mr Kevin is a great wealth of information and I have the same guy every time I visit.

Looking forward to my week there over Christmas and then a fortnight in Pattaya when your article will be of much value.

I did not spent much time in Pattaya regretfully but definitely recommend massages at Magnolia and with Wat at Derby Massage , Jomtien complex. Liked show at BBB and line-up of boys at ABomb too   

some more explanation:

THAI msg is done with clothes on and will usually not give much of thes eresults.

OIL msg is obviously naked and you shower before and after. It requires a different technique from the masseur as Thai and many of the guys do not have that ready (most Thai can do Thai msg as they get it from about birth). I think this is possibly the explan. for our lieber Christian.

A variation of oil is named AROMA and is with flavoured oils, in fact cream is the same, but with cream. You can choose the flavours-they will have scenting bottles. menthol or peppermint may be with it-or not. Takray=lemongrass is my favorite. Oil as such is mostly babyoil, but can vary a lot in quaility and stickyness-the bad ones take more times to get it off as putting it on your body. Some shops also offer gel msg-with lube.

There are loads of basic mistakes that boys can make with oil msg, the old shamefull mack listed them somehow.

In BKK boys sitting outside is for me a sure sign that its is main tourist zone or an ordinary msg shop. The ''secret'' code is to ask for oil msg (or cream/aroma) from a man, this is simply code for ''more is wanted''. Also if a high min. tip is mentioned, you can be sure more as just msg will be offered for that. In most places I have been to, in such cases msr. started naked (50%) or just in slip or shorts or phaakamaa (sarong). I prefer the low mattress on the ground, but many places also have western style msg beds and some offer choice.

LOoks to me you have the listings from nickygaybkk, due to quote about Banana (that they are all gay is certainly not true for 100%). On the site thaimassageboy.com many of the further away places advertise and many more on thai sites like tmmsociety or gthai.net. On TMB click on pricelist for basic info-subscribe to see more of the boys and info.

Thank you for nice wrap around various kinds of massages.

Looks we are both big fans of massages.

Claim about  Banana boys being all gay I picked up from some post somewhere or may be nickygaybkk, no idea that is true or not  , why  I used word apparently .

Issue of gay or gay for pay may be important for some but for me personally not at all .In fact I may venture I had more joy with straights with wife and kids on the last trip than with gay boys.

It's like straights  are trying to perform better  and are more forwarding with straight answers : I like this , I don' like that, I do this if you want but prefer not to , this kind of things.

As it was said millions times before all  boils down to chemistry between two of us, sometimes is apparent from the start, sometimes if surfaces half way through encounter. Eh, those  were days !

Thanks for the report! Especially liked "3 best" section :)

(As I have realized now, I booked a condo near to Hero and Banana - looks like good location)

Thank you, actually I put some thought into 3 best section and I'm glad somebody likes it.

You will be happy in Sukhumvit area, quite a few nice massage places there if you are interested and not that far from Silom. Night market along Sukhumvit will keep you entertained and if you shopper quite a few very classy shopping centers along BTS line, some  direct link to BTS stations so no need even to go to street level.

Although I personally like Silom area better, closer to Soi Twilight and to the river and much less farangs parading with Thai 'wives' .

They wouldn't mind if you bring your own oil or cream, my favourite is peppermint for it's cooling feeling and a nice tingle in more sensitive areas. Some places had no-fragrance  cream or baby oil / Magnolia /  when asked .

What about bringing a large bottle of that Japanese style lube......?     Should be fun.  ;)