firecat69

Xmas in Thailand

Been a quiet few days here. Just have no interest in Soi Twilight (sorry). Did some shopping and walking.

Had a boy from Jack'd yesterday who sort of looked like photos but was so inexperienced as to be useless.

I tell you between the Skytrain and Siam Paragon I see more Hot boys in a few hours then in 2 months in Pattaya. Unfortunately in BKK the % of boys who are available is much lower then in Pattaya.

But then this morning a boy was on GayRomeo who I cancelled on 2 nights ago because of an upset stomach and he said he could be to my room in 1 hr. I said yes and it was the best decision of this trip.

Why does it always happen that I find the best boy of a visit close to or on the last day. This boy was not just the best of the trip but Top 2 of all trips.

We closed the door to my bedroom and he pulled me onto the bed , stuck his tongue down my throat and began pulling off clothes. Such an aggressive 19 year old boy in Thailand is rare in my experience unless drunk or on drugs which this boy was not. It just got better from there and we finished with a long shower. Had I found him early in the trip , he would have been with me as long as he could.

He also had a nice hard 7 inches which I am sure he would like to use in a 3 way.

Going to University so not always available and his English was not very good but we didn't need to talk much.

There will be no reviews and no photos. I have to hope that nobody has swept him up before I return in June.

Because if he is available , he will have a very good month. Hehe and so will I!!!

There's something with those last days, you have good luck at end of your trips , remember in Oct you found gem on the last day too.

I must be cursed as usually my last nights are finished on a little sour note / not last days though so not all lost/ .

Don't blame you  want keep boy for yourself by keeping  him hidden, must be some  limit to communal spirit.

Have a safe trip home firecat ! 

Repeat performance even better then the first. It is very hard to head for the airport this time. Just hope he is around for me to bring to Pattaya in June.

He will be great in group sex. Hope to see some reports from visitors coming up and especially from some of new posters who are making a first trip.

Trip posters should also remember that photos make the posts much more interesting and it could not be easier to post photos on this site.

Off to the airport and already looking forward to June return.

4500 baht for a room ?. I have never paid anything like that in Thailand, even though I am well able to afford it. I suppose I am a cheap Charlie at heart. I stayed at the Tantarnwan last August and that was good enough for me. A very comfortable room and an excellent breakfast and of course close to gay bars. I think I paid about 2000.

4500 baht for a room ?. I have never paid anything like that in Thailand, even though I am well able to afford it. I suppose I am a cheap Charlie at heart. I stayed at the Tantarnwan last August and that was good enough for me. A very comfortable room and an excellent breakfast and of course close to gay bars. I think I paid about 2000.

Cheap Charlie because you are staying at Tarntawan? You cutting yourself short !

What I have to say with my Om Yim , Malaysia or BBB Inn stays?

For me is ultimate luxury and if booked in advance room at Tarntawan can be had for even less that 2000 , breakfast for 2 included and I agree location wise is great option.

Nothing wrong with staying in luxury hotels but me fear would be if room is too luxurious with beautiful view it may be hard to go out to leave that paradise .

Evidently you missed that I was only paying 3250 which when compared to Taratawan with nothing to offer in the way of pools or real restaurants and not even safes in the room, I find the extra $35US per day well worth it. Stayed there on one of my first trips it is not for me. I prefer a little luxury and at prices 1/3 of much of the rest of the world , I can afford it. This Hotel outside of Bangkok would be 3 to 4 x as much money and then I would not see the value in it.

Different strokes for different folks. Can't imagine spending serious time in Thailand without a pool and a safe in the room is a must.

I often wonder what goes through the minds of the boys we bring back to luxurious hotels such as the Renaissance, Taratawan or even the Ambiance in Pattaya. They are a world away from the extremely basic rooms with rough beds or no beds at all, troughs of cold water, and concrete floors, that they seem to inhabit. I suppose it's what they are used to at their home in Isaan.

I once asked a hot boy, who I had given a few thousand baht to and who didn't spend many nights not in the bed of customers, why he didn't upgrade his room. I got the impression that he didn't value the comforts that we in the West regard as essential.

I got the impression that he didn't value the comforts that we in the West regard as essential.

We in the West  regard many things as essential because we can afford them. If God forbid bad luck strikes plenty of those deemed essentials    are becoming non-essentials very fast.

Boys are used to live  rough at home and while may be impressed with luxuries we are hosting them in they know it's beyond their reach.

From my travels I had impression that people from hot climates are less demanding when comes to comfort - may be because they spent much more time outside  than those from northern chills. 

Guest abang1961

From my travels I had impression that people from hot climates are less demanding when comes to comfort - may be because they spent much more time outside  than those from northern chills. 

Hmm... I am from Singapore, a very urban metropolis.

I beg to differ that statement as rest/sleep to me is important.

I would turn out to be REALLY bitchy at work if I don't have a good night.

The less-fortunate Thais are different.

The space they rent are temporary... why would they want to acquire extra belongings knowing that they are constantly on the move ... and worst, the handsome sum they received tonight may not be repeated soon.  So they deem it unnecessary to invest in home furnishings.

Side-note...

Even on holidays myself, I dont seem to be able to sleep well with a stranger besides me...

I got the impression that he didn't value the comforts that we in the West regard as essential.

I think it's also true that different things make different people feel comfortable, depending on what they're familiar with. For example, I've been quite close to the mother of one of my Thai ex-boyfriends and I still meet her sometimes. She's perfectly happy to sit and sleep on the floor, because that's what she's been used to all her life (I guess).

I bought a nice and comfy bed for her many years ago, but after trying she let other family members sleep in it saying it's too soft for her. In the same fashion, she sits in a chair when I come to visit her, but after a while she's getting uncomfortable and moves back to sit on the floor. Same with me the other way round, I can sit on the floor if that's required somewhere, but it makes my legs ache before long, my body just isn't used to it. Different kettle of fish, similar kind of problem. ;)

Same with hot water showers. Many Thai guys I've known over the years have commented that hot water feels uncomfortable or even painful on their skin. I, on the other hand, love hot showers. Not so much in Thailand, admittedly, but in general.

Side-note...

Even on holidays myself, I dont seem to be able to sleep well with a stranger besides me...

Why do you want  to waste your time on sleep when you are on vacations and  are nicely positioned next to stranger in the bed ?

Goes without saying that stranger we talking about  is young, willing and able, otherwise what he would be doing in your bed?

I think it's also true that different things make different people feel comfortable, depending on what they're familiar with. For example, I've been quite close to the mother of one of my Thai ex-boyfriends and I still meet her sometimes. She's perfectly happy to sit and sleep on the floor, because that's what she's been used to all her life (I guess).

I bought a nice and comfy bed for her many years ago, but after trying she let other family members sleep in it saying it's too soft for her. In the same fashion, she sits in a chair when I come to visit her, but after a while she's getting uncomfortable and moves back to sit on the floor. Same with me the other way round, I can sit on the floor if that's required somewhere, but it makes my legs ache before long, my body just isn't used to it. Different kettle of fish, similar kind of problem. ;)

You wrapped it very nicely, that's my  experience too.

Last year in Bali I was hosted by the couple pretty well off by any standard  living in very nice compound and yet they slept on the mat on the floor without even ceiling fan.  

And disagreement about water temperature in showers many times deprived me this great pleasure of showering together with a boy 

By my standards, spending more than 1000 Baht on a hotel room per night anywhere in Thailand is luxury, and in the last three years I never spent more than 800 Baht per night on room.

My current rent is 3000 Baht per MONTH, and apart from hot shower (I should have installed a water heater when I moved in!) I don't miss anything.

firecat once noticed that is 57 kinds of Campbell soup to cater to all tastes. I'm with Christian when comes to hotel spending frugality but understand other want to treat themselves better than we are.

Neither I have problems with others over tipping , over shopping and doing whatever with their money.

Thing I don't get, and this in not directed at anybody on this thread and even on this forum, but read this on other places quite often is that at one breath some posters are boosting about staying at , say Dusit Thani  and at next breath are pontificating against 30 baht rise in drinks price at soi Twilight whatever bar  

Guest abang1961

By my standards, spending more than 1000 Baht on a hotel room per night anywhere in Thailand is luxury, and in the last three years I never spent more than 800 Baht per night on room.

My current rent is 3000 Baht per MONTH, and apart from hot shower (I should have installed a water heater when I moved in!) I don't miss anything.

Well just 3000 ThB a month... that is a real steal...

I pay much more per night during a recent vacation in Hong Kong where the room size was no larger than a postage stamp...

Well just 3000 ThB a month... that is a real steal...

I pay much more per night during a recent vacation in Hong Kong where the room size was no larger than a postage stamp...

that's firecat's point,  incredible value for money of Bangkok hotel accommodation, once staying in Royal Benja, Sukumvit soi 5 I discovered that room size is minimally smaller than my then condo and this is not even 5 star place

Between 2 bad experiences with Gayromeo and some strained back muscles, I was just about thinking 60 days is too long and I should have made it only my normal 30 days.

But then 1/2 dozen brand new profiles of my type showed up on GayRomeo and I decided it was time to get my 2nd wind. 

It was hard to choose who to go after first so I just went with the first one that showed up and ready to come right then.

I opened the door to an adorable 18 year old.  He spoke almost no English and had been in town only a few days.

He was certainly inexperienced or was a good actor but he was very willing and we will definitely be getting together again.

Photos below which he was very willing to pose for.    Off to BoysTown I think.

Sad to report that Auto (stop68) from post #85 above,  died earlier this week... Bacterial lung infection... but otherwise a very healthy guy

From his FB posts it seems that he knew he was dying and posted some very touching posts before he died.

I met him once at an Issan concert ad he was a very sweet boy

RIP

Sad to report that Auto (stop68) from post #85 above,  died earlier this week... Bacterial lung infection... but otherwise a very healthy guy

Yes RIP - and worse as I assume his lung infection was perhaps linked to some other initial cause such as TB ( or worse) ....and if so so sad as that and whatever else if the case could and should have been curable if treated early and consistently   :-(