vinapu

Bad manners or just business ?

An interesting case was presented to me by straight  friend whoring  in the Sukhumvit area.

In the morning during breakfast with his last night's lady another patron of hotel's restaurant came and slipped her piece of paper with phone number , presumably his,  without excusing himself and no words were exchanged.

My friend saw  this guy in a the same hotel entertaining ladies in preceding days so motive is obvious and kettle is calling pot black as guy saw him in different company every day but he  still is incensed by this behavior.

I told him to calm down and shrug it off as he did not have an intention to keep lady past breakfast and should be happy for her.

1. What do you guys think?

2. Did something similar ever happened to you at either end?

To answer my own question, I wouldn't have any problem if in my friend shoes but wouldn't dare to intercept somebody's meeting in a way other guy did, would be rather waiting for moment when they part ways.

Did not have a case like that personally but have two cases of snatching boys, both at BBB Inn.

One  in the lobby last Nov when typing report for this forum  saw farang picking up boy for massage, hour later he left  grinning so I decided to hire the same boy still warm so to speak.

Second one few years back saw boy visibly distraught leaving room on my floor with  big slam  of door, since he was attractive I decided to be immediate consolation and invited him to my room. Never learned what happened other then  ' no good farang him" 

Guest anonone

I would be a bit taken aback if someone approached while they were on "my-time".  Just strikes me as a bit rude...and I would never do that to someone else.  Depending on the circumstance, you might get a rather strong reaction from either the farang or Thai.

If I was really infatuated, I might try to engage them both in conversation, and see if I could find out where they met, etc.  Give me a lead to follow up with later on....but to give out phone number while already with a customer is not cool.

Spoken like a man with a Thai BF who many might approach. Hehe

The danger is just exactly that , you could be hitting on a BF rather then a short time infatuation. I have found in the past that boys with a farang always appear to be the cutest you have seen that evening. Probably has something to do with their unavailability???

I have found in the past that boys with a farang always appear to be the cutest you have seen that evening. Probably has something to do with their unavailability???

+1 from me

Many times I decided against offing or completely rejected the idea of offing a boy that I saw in the bar... only to see him with a farang later that night and looking stunning... I guess its the unavailability that makes them so desirable!

As for the original post... i have had this happen me several times in the distant past... one notable time was late at night in Cafe Royale when the obnoxious American farang offered the boy double what i was paying him - right in front of me!

The boy pretended to not understand and just smiled in the Thai way

I don't think it's cool to do that sort of thing and would have been cheesed off, what if the girl was with him long time, for a few days or week, what if she was his girlfriend or worse yet his wife? I have seen this before in the Philippines, I have many friends that are married to Filipinas and this type of scenario happened to one of them where a parasite actually tried to convince my friends wife to go with him for the night (obviously thinking my mat had bar fined her the night before). He got a very rude shock when it was revealed that he was trying to hit on my mates wife and was told to disappear very quickly or feel a lot of pain.

My point, yes we know now that the woman in the op was a lady of the night but for the creep to pass on his number he would have been presuming that she was but she just may not have been.

Guest abang1961

This is shocking and very un-gentlemanly.

It is most inappropriate to intercept someone, especially strangers.

I would find it embarrassing if I am entertaining a "farang" when someone slips a note to me.

Of course being the extrovert, I would rather invite him to sit and have a 3-way conversation.

If he is a cute farang, why not ...Think of .. Tres bien ensemble

Otherwise, just leave us alone.

Disrespectful .

I also know farangs who lie in wait for the opportunity to go after other farangs boys.

Perhaps, it's their unavailability or more probably it's that men are dogs/pigs.

If your farang friend ogles your boy, let him know you don't like it and if you're

wise, find a new farang friend.

One jerk I knew almost drooled. He's no longer even an acquaintance .

Highly questionable behavior. I wouldn't mind if someone gave his phone number to a Thai money boy who is with me, but how can he know if it's a money boy or a friend?

If I were in such a situation, I would wait until one of them leaves (and ask the Farang where and how he met the Thai or ask the Thai where and how he met the Farang), ask wait staff if they know them and if they could pass my phone number or ask if I can join their table/conversation or most probably just leave it at drooling.

What we don't know is if this guy who slipped the lady a paper with his number had any previous 'history' with her. At least we cannot tell from the OP. Maybe they had met at some point and he just wanted to meet her again. In this case, his behavior might be acceptable, because he (a) knew that she's a professional companion and (b) didn't want to disturb too much while she was with someone else, while making sure she can contact him.

In this case, what would you do? Let's say you met a gorgeous boy during your last holiday, but this time around you cannot seem to find him anywhere. Suddenly, you see him with another farang at your hotel, and knowing it's a chance encounter, you might want to make sure somehow that he knows how he can get in touch with you. Personally, I would be very reluctant to do the same like that guy in vinapu's story, but is it really that wrong in such a situation? Not sure.

Guy could safely assume that my friend is whoring and lady is just  temporary companion as they could see each other  at breakfast few days in row with different companions each time. Is pissed off because he completely ignored him in this situation.

I think Christian's approach would be the best, wait until they part ways or at least excuse himself if in such a great hour of need and than slip a number.

If in his shoes I'd console myself with thought that others are sharing my taste in companions / I was very pleased when lady sitting in X-boys beside me told me she likes boy I was with /

This is not good behaviour.

However,  if the guy handing out the phone number as already noticed that either one of the couple is seeing a different partner every night, I suppose he could reasonable assume the working professional would be looking for another customer later on that same day.

This is not good behaviour.

However,  if the guy handing out the phone number as already noticed that either one of the couple is seeing a different partner every night, I suppose he could reasonable assume the working professional would be looking for another customer later on that same day.

Exactly, it's why i told my friend just to shrug it off