TotallyOz

Courtyard by Marriott in Pattaya

I was going to make a reservation for the Marriott Pattaya but I saw another hotel pop up.  It looks good and the rates are 1/2 that of the Marriott.  It is in Pratamak Hill area.

It says it was built in 2009.  Is this a new hotel, converted hotel or what?  Anyone know?

Thanks.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pyxcy-courtyard-south-pattaya/

Google the address and up pops Signature Pattaya Hotel.   Must have required some reworking according to the photo?

No doubt someone on the ground can provide a more accurate assessment.

Thanks for all the info guys.  I have not decided on which hotel or even what city yet for my next visit but I found the addition of another Marriott brand in Pattaya great.

The Marriott in Pattaya for New Year's Eve requires a 9,000 baht per person dinner reservation.  With me and the 2 boys that it  nearly 1,000 USD for a dinner that I have zero desire in going to and not something I would ever pay for.  So, I started looking for other options.

I stayed at the Marriott over New Years 2 years ago. They had the same thing, but it was about $200. US They had lots of food, western,thai and Japanese . Open bar. It was all set up around the pool. I had a room overlooking the area. I don't think I ever saw more than 10 people out there. The help out numbered the customers.

I am thinking of staying at mosaic apts. For 6 or 7

Weeks. Is the side facing salt and pepper restaurant

And tuk com the best option? I want a one bedroom.

What should I avoid. Would a top floor place be

Harder to get?

This will be my 1st. Trip after leaving my job.

Kind of exicted

No rushing back this time. Any info appreciated.

Guest anonone

Courtyard Pattaya could be a nice addition.  Looks like the rooms will be fully remodeled into the gray color scheme that is new to the Courtyard brand.  Is also starting out as a category 3 for award redemptions, which is pretty low.  

Unfortunately, a bit out of the way for my preferences. I much prefer to be closer to the action.

At least the full service Marriott is fairly close to Boyztown.

Calluna15:  If you are planning on visiting during high season, you should be in contact with Mosaik quickly.  Depending on your dates, it will be tough to get 6-7 weeks there for any room type, let alone being particular about the type or floor level.

Thanks for all the info guys.  I have not decided on which hotel or even what city yet for my next visit but I found the addition of another Marriott brand in Pattaya great.

The Marriott in Pattaya for New Year's Eve requires a 9,000 baht per person dinner reservation.  With me and the 2 boys that it  nearly 1,000 USD for a dinner that I have zero desire in going to and not something I would ever pay for.  So, I started looking for other options.

I don't understand why you are not using points. I know you have plenty.  I just selected 12/20 -1/4 and the total was 300,000 points for a King no extra charges. Bargain I would say unless I am missing something???

Also Holiday Inn where you are Grand Poobah (hehe) and Hard Rock deluxe rooms are less then 5000 baht with no mention of dinner charges when Dec 20- Jan 4 are selected.

Got to use those points some time!!!!

up2you, I can't find those rates as when I put in most of the Xmas and New Year's rates go up to over 10,000 or 11,000 baht per night and that has ++ to be added.  And, that is with the advance purchase rate.

Firecat, yes, I could use points but it also says: Using your points will cover your room charge and tax, but additional service charges or resort fees may apply. Please inquire at check-in.

I agree the rates go up closer to XMAS and New Year but no mention of Dinners etc.  Just call reservations and have them confirm there are no additional charges.

Plus I got no mention of any additional charges at Holiday Inn or Hard Rock.  Truth is HI gets the best reviews for the rooms in Pattaya

up2you, I can't find those rates as when I put in most of the Xmas and New Year's rates go up to over 10,000 or 11,000 baht per night and that has ++ to be added.  And, that is with the advance purchase rate.

Firecat, yes, I could use points but it also says: Using your points will cover your room charge and tax, but additional service charges or resort fees may apply. Please inquire at check-in.

I put in 12/23 to 1/06, and this is what I got, plus taxes and fees.

post-374-0-86588200-1416639962_thumb.jpg

I agree with you about the Holiday Inn but I like the pool at the Marriott better. :)

I do have a reservations for the Marriott in Pattaya using points but I doubt they upgrade the room for me.  So, most likely I'll be staying at another hotel in Thailand that does upgrade me every time. ;)

I really like the Pattaya Marriott but paying 11,000 a night for some nights is insane IMHO.  I even got a personal quote from the hotel for a long term stay which normally is the same rate each day and it went up on Dec 25-Jan 2.

I put in 12/23 to 1/06, and this is what I got, plus taxes and fees.

Yes, sorry, this is for the Courtyard.  Yes, that is a good rate.  I was talking about the regular Marriott for the Xmas holidays.

You are right that the Courtyard has good rates but I can't see their pool and that is important to me when on holiday.

The Marriott has a great pool.  I don't know about the Courtyard.

In the interest of helping a poor country boy out. Here is my last suggestion:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/royal-wing-suites-amp-spa.en-us.html?sid=a0dc7aa3e87f783bc16c01ce996edbfb;dcid=1;checkin=2014-12-20;checkout=2015-01-04;ucfs=1;srfid=aaeca9efa30c56671c4a8c4d09db1e9ecabbd4a9X12;highlight_room=55860601#map_closed

Great pool on the beach and since you rarely go out anymore who cares if it is next to Boystown. Just fill the nice suite up which by the way is less then that cracker box room at the Marriott.

Forcing you to make a very expensive dinner reservation is an unacceptable practice.   What business does a hotel have trying to compel its guests to join a dinner, or at least make a reservation for it?  

As you're a regular customer, why not let their head office know what you think?   

And take your business to a different chain for this trip.

For me, I don't care what they're serving.  There is no way I would stay at any hotel that intends to force a dinner, or anything else for that matter, on me.  While I understand that hotels doing this spend a lot of money putting these dinners together and they need to make sure it isn't a financial disaster for them, that's not my problem.  And if they are going to force a dinner on their customers, why does it have to be so expensive?  Include me out.

However, for those of you who intend to be here for Christmas and/or New Year, unless you want to stay at a forced dinner hotel, if you haven't made your hotel booking yet, you better do it right now if you're going to have a prayer of staying where you want or even anywhere near where you want.

In Pattaya, hotels are almost always full during the Christmas season.  Flights to and from Thailand too.  I hope those of you who plan to be here took care of hotel and flight bookings weeks or even months ago.  If you haven't, don't wait.  It may already be too late.

I think the "forced dinner reservation" is a victim of poor translation. When I stayed at the Marriott, nobody said anything about New Years dinner. Then I noticed flyers around the property and dropped off in my room a couple of days before the 1st. I went to the front desk and said no way was I going to have dinner at the Marriott and I would check out the next day.

They told me that guests didn't need to have their dinner. That all the other property restaurants would be closed, so IF you wanted dinner on the property, this was your only option.

I talked to a few people out by the pool the next day, and we were talking about the forced dinner. They all said they didn't go and were never asked or pressured to go.

I think the "forced dinner reservation" is a victim of poor translation.

Isn't the Marriot an American multi-national  ?  The Pattaya branch is sat in one of the tourist hot spots of SE Asia.  The management should speak very good English.  They charge enough, so there is no need to go scraping around for second rate people to manage the operation.

I wonder if head office approve of the dinner scam?   Which is what it is,